• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break "just hit full production"

Disappointed. I'm such a Remedy fan, absolutely loved MP 1&2 and Alan Wake. It might just mean I can hold off buying an Xbox One for a little longer though.

Its in Full Production...since.... now?

2204269-max-paynes-face.jpg

Liha

Banned
"It's a big first party title"

Is it actually first party? I recall Microsoft owning the IP, but Remedy is developing it, and Remedy is not owned by Microsoft. Wouldn't that technically make it a second party title?

First party = owns IP, owns developer
Second party = owns IP, doesn't own developer
Third party = doesn't own IP or the developer

Sorry. It just bugs me when I see that used incorrectly.

Remedy is still independent and owns the IP (same Alan Wake). The game is X1 and & PC exclusive.

You guys are commenting as if up until now, they were sitting drawing pretty pictures and thinking of what to do.

Nobody knows what they've been doing up to now, and no one knows what "full production" is exactly.

I feel the same way

someone needs to tweet to the Order devs

see if they respond

Regarding Quantum Break though, we've gotten hints of 2015 for a while now. ( from mortimer, etc ) His 2015 claim went ignored when ntkrl truthfacts start dropping bombs, but now we're seeing a lot more corroborating claims.

The Order, I wish we've got insiders too that can corroborate that. C'mon! :/

Arklite

This is going to be late 2015. I'm surprised it's so early in development, when they showed that really small snippet of gameplay I thought they were just being coy on a project well underway.

Anyone else thinking even 2015 is too early? I can't imagine a year of production is nearly enough.

A short game, maybe?

I remember it being mentioned that full-production for The Order also only started sometime around E3/Gamescom last year.

statham

shinobi602 ‏@shinobi602 4m

I was told next Summer is the target for Quantum Break so hopefully it's not *too* far off. They can take all the time they need imo.
not that bad.

Eoin

"It's a big first party title"

Is it actually first party? I recall Microsoft owning the IP, but Remedy is developing it, and Remedy is not owned by Microsoft. Wouldn't that technically make it a second party title?

First party = owns IP, owns developer
Second party = owns IP, doesn't own developer
Third party = doesn't own IP or the developer

Sorry. It just bugs me when I see that used incorrectly.
It's still a first party game as MS own the IP and are funding development. A second party developer, is just a term used to help distinguish between an independent studio and a platform owned studio. It's not an official term or anything.

Banned
So all I got to look forward to for Xbox one is halo master chief collection and sunset overdrive for exclusives in 2014? And PS4 looks like the Order and that's it? I guess I have to deal with it.

post-35385-cant-deal-with-it-gif-llama-Im-uq0G.gif

Bloodrage

Banned
Fall 2018 confirmed.

Every "maybe Quantum Break won't make 2014" thread or discussion must come with a reminder that The Order won't make 2014 and that Ps4 has no gamez.

It's like clockwork.
Lol people gotta convince themselves of bullshit only they believe to justify their purchase.

hawk2025

Every "maybe Quantum Break won't make 2014" thread or discussion must come with a reminder that The Order won't make 2014 and that Ps4 has no gamez.

It's like clockwork.

So all I got to look forward to for Xbox one is halo master chief collection and sunset overdrive for exclusives in 2014? And PS4 looks like the Order and that's it? I guess I have to deal with it.

I would be shocked if Forza Horizon 2 (or whatever its called) wasn't 2014.

Plus, KI Season 2... and any other downloadable titles they have. Who knows, they might surprise us with other stuff, if ntkrnl was around about QB in 2014, perhaps he was wrong about FL being 2015?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Seems like tacit confirmation that the early stuff (announcement) couldn't have been in-game then.

EL CUCO

It's like clockwork.

There is no way The Order slips...NO FUGGIN WHEY!

OT: This confirms I will not be buying an Xbox One in 2014. Yay!

It's like clockwork.

This is actual news that we're finding out. ( well, we found out earlier with the Fable piece)

And insiders are corrobating the 2015 number, so there's both sides of the coin of this.

Whereas The Order... there's been no update on that ever since February, and there's no insiders chipping in whether or not it's still slated for Fall or is getting delayed. ( Shinobi apparently doesn't know )

Ser Goje

You guys are commenting as if up until now, they were sitting drawing pretty pictures and thinking of what to do.

Nobody knows what they've been doing up to now, and no one knows what "full production" is exactly.

I don't know and will not know what they do at Remedy, but I'm pretty sure their "full production" is not gonna end in the next few months.

B.O.O.M

Well if it wasn't revealed when it was Forza and Ghosts would have been the only games at the Xbox Reveal and people would have given MS even more shit for not having enough games.

Well let's be fair here, it's not like they didn't have any options. That reveal overall was a mess for many reasons.

blakep267

So confused. Remedy is saying they had dates in mind but now weighs met is saying full production? Guess I'll have to wait for 2015. Probably for the best anyway. It's too crowded for the game to really thrive

If that gets pushed what hell I'm play on my PS4 this Fall
Other than 3rd parties, fuck all. Other than maybe Driveclub but thanks to Sony's shit marketing, not sure how I feel about that. Anyways, shame about the delays...

So confused. Remedy is saying they had dates in mind but now weighs met is saying full production? Guess I'll have to wait for 2015. Probably for the best anyway. It's too crowded for the game to really thrive
Err, 2015 is far more crowded than 2014.

Top Bottom