• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break "just hit full production"

HockeyDud

Neo Member
You know Shinobi doesn't know anything, right ?

He just spends far too much time on Twitter and passes around all the rumours from all the other "insiders".

Sorry to break it to ya, but he does know stuff. More than Thuway and his rampant speculation bullshit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Quantum Break gameplay was shown behind closed doors at E3 last year to several journalists. Apparently, it was a limited demo, but at least it was playable in some form at that time.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...xt-generation/

It is strange saying that it just hit full production, I wonder what that means. Hopefully a lot of questions about the game will be cleared up at E3 in 3 weeks.

It really does seem completely asinine, to me, to do closed-doors showings of games.

I think you will be disappointed if you think there are secret unannounced exclusives that are going to go from reveal to launch in 5 months or less.

Well except for Forza Horizon, but calling that a secret would be pretty generous.

I agree with you, but in MS's defence Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection will make for a pretty strong first party line-up this October/November.

what__2_.gif

So all I got to look forward to for Xbox one is halo master chief collection and sunset overdrive for exclusives in 2014? And PS4 looks like the Order and that's it? I guess I have to deal with it.

post-35385-cant-deal-with-it-gif-llama-Im-uq0G.gif

Who said Ps4 only has The Order 1886 ? Driveclub, The last of Us. Plus wasnt Titanfall shown last E3 and without Xbone tech issues/ harder to dev for, prob would have been able to launch in Fall winter last year. Who knows whats out this fall. Sure there will be some suprises.

He just spends far too much time on Twitter and passes around all the rumours from all the other "insiders".

Er, no. shinobi claims to know stuff, as in talking to devs for real.

He's got his sources, but he says he doesn't repackage what is said by other insiders.

Freeman

Banned
So has everything so far been a target render?
If that was the case, MS is reading the playbook Sony wrote in 2005.

Forza 5 was drastically different from what they showed, Sunset Overdrive was just CG, Halo was CG, Black Tusk game was cancelled.

I can't wait for Quantum Break.

I always doubted the game releasing in 2014. 2015 is fine by me. I prefer they take their sweet ass time and release a solid product and knowing Remedy, it should be solid.

If the game is anything like the first showing where it's part live-action....part normal game, I'm not even remotely interested. But I really don't know much and haven't been keeping up on the Quantum Break news.

Now we wait for it to reach The Last Guardian status for MS. :p

RulkezX

I agree with you, but in MS's defence Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection will make for a pretty strong first party line-up this October/November.

A new IP that could easily be the best thing ever or utter shit, ports of old games (no matter how awesome , and without the info on pricing) and an arcade racer is pretty weak for your exclusive line up going into your second Christmas period.

Going into E3 both platforms exclusive line-up looks pretty average. Fingers crossed for E3, but it would be a massive shock if MS/Sony have exclusives ready to go by Oct/Nov that they have somehow managed to keep secret.

Er, no. shinobi claims to know stuff, as in talking to devs for real.

He's got his sources, but he says he doesn't repackage what is said by other insiders.

If that's what you want to believe man, good for you, I guess.

I will remain sceptical that a guy who used to (prolifically) post news from other sites on GAF quit the site and suddenly devs started giving him info to share on Twitter.

Sydle

It really does seem completely asinine, to me, to do closed-doors showings of games.

Even when you consider how video game fans behave? If we had early shots or footage of something they would be brought into every thread about the game by detractors. They'd be used in GIFs in disparaging ways.

We don't get access to them because we can't handle it.

Andrew.

Banned
Jesus fucking christ.

Then again, Alan Wake took way longer than expected and by the time it released no one really gave a rats. Not to mention it released on the same day as Red Dead Redemption which kinda doomed its sales and recognition right from the get go.

Hopefully it gets released by 2018 or so.

It'll probably release the same day as GTA6.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Even when you consider how video game fans behave? If we had early shots or footage of something they would be brought into every thread about the game by detractors. They'd be used in GIFs in disparaging ways.

We don't get access to them because we can't handle it.

Who gets to see the closed door stuff, though? Journos?

Shinobi has his sources. He got offended when I wrote something similar when he was around, he sent me a pm explaining why I was wrong.

shwimpy

Jesus fucking christ.

Then again, Alan Wake took way longer than expected and by the time it released no one really gave a rats. Not to mention it released on the same day as Red Dead Redemption which kinda doomed its sales and recognition right from the get go.

Hopefully it gets released by 2018 or so.

It'll probably release the same day as GTA6.
Heh. Would be hilarious if they launched day and date with RDR2.

He was incredibly accurate about the Halo 5 stuff.

I would consider him much more likely to be reliable about info for an MS related news (like games and OS) than other certain insiders

Philippo

Considering the game is supposed to launch together with a TV series, which alone requires a lot of work and it's almost impossible to shoot it without letting anything leak, it would have been unrealistic for it to come out in 2014.

I have a feeling this quote is being taken out of context a bit. I mean what does "full production" even mean? For all we know that just means it's out of alpha.

Not saying it won't end up as 2015. I've always felt like this was the most likely to end up hitting next year especially with SO hitting this year. But until I see some tweets clarifying it, I wouldn't take this as gospel. Hopefully someone can just get them to clarify what "full production" means.

Andrew.

Banned
I have a feeling this quote is being taken out of context a bit. I mean what does "full production" even mean? For all we know that just means it's out of alpha.

Haha. All the footage with human actors is complete.

Now they'll start working on the actual game.

Dear god I hope that isnt the case =/

shinnn

Yep. MS were in panic mode at E3 last year so just threw everything out there, even if it was too early for a proper reveal. Fable Legends, Quantum Break and Halo 5 were nowhere near ready.
lol at those comments.. They never talked about released dates for those games.

Its not like they announced a launch title just because the competition had one game in that genre, knowing it was not ready for launch.

If that's what you want to believe man, good for you, I guess.

I will remain sceptical that a guy who used to (prolifically) post news from other sites on GAF quit the site and suddenly devs started giving him info to share on Twitter.

He started on GAF, not on Twitter. Though it was definitely a late shift, it seems he started sometime early this year for a few months before his self-banning choice. In fact, he started his stint with The Order, where he teased the trailer coming before we found out about The Order February embargo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99418334&postcount=27
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99464741&postcount=212
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101638646&postcount=130

His believability is only as good as his accuracy. So far. he's been quite on-point, especially for Order and Halo. His testing ground, will of course, be his tweet about the Assassin's Creed 4-player co-op, which from what I can recall, originated from him entirely without any other insider claiming so.

Glad to see games can still have healthy (hopefully it was) pre-production phases. There's a reason games don't usually have as good stories as movies, they don't usually use a year or more just for the script.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Shinobi is really well informed. Speaking from personal experience not related to what he publicly posts.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
so.....ntkrnl told us controlled leaks in order to generate hype?

Top Bottom