• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break to skip E3, new footage at Gamescom

Do we know for sure that Scalebound and Crackdown are both going to be at E3?

I kind of figured QB, Scalebound and Crackdown are three of their bigger 2016 titles and they would hold one back for Gamescom. But I definitely expect the other two at their presser on the 16th.

Bsigg12

0ELmnk9.png

Well hopefully that holds true!

That and Halo (barely) are all I care about in terms of Microsoft exclusives, outside of a bomb at E3.

Huge bummer.

Well, that is the only thing I care about in terms of the MS conference (sorry halo fans.)

But don't we watch E3 in anticipation of new announcements?

Well, hopefully. If it's making room for something like Kinect, TV or HoloLens... Meh...

Yes, this is the conference where Kinect will make its roaring return to the MS E3 presser.

I predict 45 minute demos where you use it in conjunction with their cloud powere VR headset and they interact a scene of what Don Mattrick's version of a Xbox One future looked like for the customer.

No Quantum Break at E3, but instead he'll finally be announcing the release date for the highly acclaimed Sam Lake Simulator. Can't wait!

Pooya

I'm not sure what Remedy is going to do after they ship this, nobody wants to invest in stuff that takes 6+ years to come out and sell middling at best. With recent departures I suspect they're looking for a sale or something not unlike R.A.D. situation, Maybe this will be their hit but doubtful.

Freaks me out knowing that Remedy is now 20 years old. It does'nt feel like it was that long ago when i first played Death Rally.

Do we know for sure that Scalebound and Crackdown are both going to be at E3?

I kind of figured QB, Scalebound and Crackdown are three of their bigger 2016 titles and they would hold one back for Gamescom. But I definitely expect the other two at their presser on the 16th.

Scalebound will probably be there, along with Rare.
Crackdown will probably be at GC as well.

I say probably, but it's just my guesses. :)

prag16

Banned
What a mess and a shame.

Why's it a "mess"? The game never had a firm release date really, and lots of games get delayed. "Mess" would indicate some kind of development hell, which we haven't heard anything about. They're just taking their sweet time. Cue Miyamoto quote.

sam777

I don't get all the disappointed posts in here, MS said they were saving some stuff for Gamescom, which is only 2 months after E3, so not that long.

Akai__

I wonder how many titles will be shown and if they are showing some titles twice.

Yes, this is the conference where Kinect will make its roaring return to the MS E3 presser.

I predict 45 minute demos where you use it in conjunction with their cloud powere VR headset and they interact a scene of what Don Mattrick's version of a Xbox One future looked like for the customer.

I know it won't happen, but just the thought of it is killing me. Really don't want them to talk about those on the stage, but that's just my opinion.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Not to mention Quantum Break is dropping in 2016 and they probably want to show off more stuff coming out this year at E3.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I wonder how many titles will be shown and if they are showing some titles twice.

I know it won't happen, but just the though of it is killing me. Really don't want them to talk about those on the stage, but that's just my opinion.

People might hate it but if they at the least announced a large update for Kinect with new voice commands at E3... well I would be very happy.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
So people think it's weird that the European company is showing their game at the European show? Why are people looking too much into this? Did they say it was going to be at E3 and they've cancelled? Just wondering if I've missed something, because there's a few extreme posts in this thread

etta

my hard graphic balls
People might hate it but if they at the least announced a large update for Kinect with new voice commands at E3... well I would be very happy.

Hell yea. The Kinect has changed the way I use my consoles lol. Sometimes I yell at my PS4 to go to Netflix, the damn thing doesn't obey me.

BloodR0se

So people think it's weird that the European company is showing their game at the European show? Why are people looking too much into this? Did they say it was going to be at E3 and they've cancelled? Just wondering if I've missed something, because there's a few extreme posts in this thread

Probably because half of the industry now makes the trek from Europe and Asia to L.A. and it's pretty much expected of them plus it is actually an MS first-party published title.

Akai__

I don't know. I see it as something, that could just be announced in the next preview update. Don't see the need for it on E3.

Guri

Remedy is from Finland and Gamescom is in Germany. I think that's why they keep choosing it instead of E3.

BloodR0se

Yeah there's a TV show tie in to Quantum Break, which could be talked about @ E3

I read that tweet wrong, I read it as Phil saying QB would both be @ E3 and Gamescom.

Oh fuck no. The last thing we need is another Powers-like announcement hogging up stage time that could actually be used to demo or announce games.

Top Bottom