• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break to skip E3, new footage at Gamescom

Outrun

What a mess and a shame.

What mess are you referring to?

We know that QB is scheduled for Spring 2016. We now know we will learn more at Gamescom. We know that Phil Spencer has mentioned how they are having difficulty accommodating time for all the games that they have.

So given a choice of seeing more new games, or an update of QB, I am going with the former option.

Why's it a "mess"? The game never had a firm release date really, and lots of games get delayed. "Mess" would indicate some kind of development hell, which we haven't heard anything about. They're just taking their sweet time. Cue Miyamoto quote.
The mess part for me is the consequence of showing off a game way too early. I wish less developers would stopping doing that.

Good imo. Game isn't releasing this year, save it for Gamescom. I want them to spend E3 talking and showing this fall's games(Halo 5, Forza 6, Tomb Raider, Gears 1 Remaster ect, and announce some new stuff obviously. Don't really need a 7 minute QB demo...it worked well at Gamescom last year

Not wholly unexpected but that basically has removed any sort of desire for me to watch Microsoft's conference. Nothing else I'm remotely interested so far.

Alx

Eh, we've already got a big gameplay sequence last year. It sure helps that I'm not that interested in QB, but I wouldn't mind if we didn't get any more media about it before release. The shows are there to provide new content and announcements, not demo the same game every year.

The right thing to do since it will not be released this year.

And I'm pretty sure because of that we will be seeing Crackdown gameplay at e3.

Fuck.

mp_mondays.gif

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Better to know this a week in advance rather than waiting in anticipation at showtime.

They showed at Gamescom last year too.

I can be patient as it's my most anticipated brand new IP.

Good. Plus it isn't that far from e3. Busy summer for MS and their 1st party games.

:D gimmie that 20 minute gameplay demo without a time constraint at e3!

Sydle

I take it Spencer is feeling really good about E3, so he moved it out. If we still get to see Rare's new game, some of the Halo 5 campaign, Scalebound, Crackdown, Gears remaster, Gears 4 teaser, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay, et al then it's still a really strong show.

I hope Remedy shows us a brand new area in August.

Woffls

Gotta' make room for Banjo and Perfect Dark somehow.

I'm guessing Quantum Break has undergone huge changes since Microsoft realised nobody gives a shit about TV, but I'm still optimistic about it because of what Alan Wake went through.

Gotta' make room for Banjo and Perfect Dark somehow.

I'm guessing Quantum Break has undergone huge changes since Microsoft realised nobody gives a shit about TV, but I'm still optimistic about it because of what Alan Wake went through.

They're still doing the TV stuff... I doubt that has changed. But its a big game and they're not a huge studio (but bigger now)

I can understand not being on the previous E3 because of the required time to create substantial demos. But this makes zero sense on a marketing level, we're talking about the biggest games event of all time. Unless they're demo is not up to snuff till gamescom, I really have a hard time buying into that reasoning.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Not wholly unexpected but that basically has removed any sort of desire for me to watch Microsoft's conference. Nothing else I'm remotely interested so far.

I think it's crazy to miss any conference but that's just my e3 hype train mentality lol. Are you watching any ones conference this year? Your not interested in possible surprises?

I'm sure Microsoft will not have any new games to announce.

They don't tend to make games I'm that interested in from a 1st party standpoint anymore. I've grown tired of many series over the years (not just Microsoft's) but their E3 probably won't do it for me. If you love their tried and tested series though, no doubt it'll be a great conference.

Each to their own. I'll just have to patiently wait until GC for Quantum Break. Needs a good showing to convince me.

I think it's crazy to miss any conference but that's just my e3 hype train mentality lol. Are you watching any ones conference this year? Your not interested in possible surprises?

I'm sure I'll watch all of them, I just aren't looking forward to a couple (Microsoft, Ubisoft, PC etc). I'm all up for surprises, I just don't see where any substantial ones will be coming from Microsoft on a 1st party level. 3rd parties would be nuts to make an exclusive for the Xbox One and at best they'll be timed. They need a load of killer new IP for me. Scalebound is a start, but even then I'm not really into Platinum Games and we don't know a lot about the game as a whole. If its good though, I'll be there.

Top Bottom