• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break to skip E3, new footage at Gamescom

Heigic

Good. More room for unannounced games. A Quantum break Demo is nice but we have already seen the game. I want to see new stuff at E3.

Good news for me. It means MS are clearing the agenda for unannounced games. QB is so well previewed that dedicating time to it will we almost a waste.

0ELmnk9.png

This could be very, very good news, or very, very bad news.

Chris1

I guess it should have been obvious, but QB has had enough Gamescom time imo. I thought they would have shown something new at E3.

KORNdoggy

Maybe before but Gamescom is almost as big as E3 now. Gamescom also draws in an attendence that is 7 times greater than E3.

Well obviously, it's open to the public. Lol.

E3 is a much bigger deal when it comes to announcements. And personaly thats what i rate them based on. Gamescom is for very european centric games or when deadlines can't be met for E3. The day a major console is debuted at gamescom will be the day i consider it even close to E3.

Disappointing because I want to see more Quantum Break. But Remedy is over in Europe just like Gamescom so it does make some sense. Hope MS have something really good to fill QB spot at E3.

Well on the bright side, Quantum Break can be the headliner of Microsoft's Gamescom presentation as opposed to playing second fiddle to Halo 5 at E3.

I don't mind waiting a couple extra months. Hopefully they have a lot to show.

Expected. I saw the live demo at the Finnish Xbone launch party and it was really rough. I already said back then that it's not gonna release in 2015. It was really really rough. Loads of FPS drops, tearing, animations were not done properly, that part of the demo was in a really tight corridor etc. It looked cool, but I think it was played on PC.

Because Remedy is in Finland and Gamescom is in Europe and it makes more sense to show it off there?

This is basic stuff.

But xbox user base is not big there and sells bad in europe. They should show this game at E3 where it will be shown to NA gamers who are their main audience.

Doffen

nope it doesnt.
a high profile game skipping e3? how does that make sense?

The majority of games are high profile at E3. And there's a lot of news hitting at the same time so it can easily drown.

But xbox user base is not big there and sells bad in europe. They should show this game at E3 where it will be shown to NA gamers who are their main audience.

Remaining NA focused won't help sell Xbox in Europe.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Expected. I saw the live demo at the Finnish Xbone launch party and it was really rough. I already said back then that it's not gonna release in 2015. It was really really rough. Loads of FPS drops, tearing, animations were not done properly, that part of the demo was in a really tight corridor etc. It looked cool, but I think it was played on PC.

We knew it was coming out in 2016. Since like a while ago. Unfinished game was unfinished. Am I missing remedy saying it was at E3 then switched? I don't get all the people saying what they are saying. Let this game breath and have its own stage. I personally don't Want it to get swallowed at E3. It's one of my most hyped games. All we are going to hear about at E3 is fallout lol. sarcasm to an extent

nope it doesnt.
a high profile game skipping e3? how does that make sense?

Polish. I mentioned earlier that MS and Remedy want to show the best possible product and it probably isn't at a level they'd like so they pushed it to Gamescom. I was working at Bethesda when they were scrambling to put together an E3 demo build of Fallout 3 and it was hectic as shit. Most developers/publishers are working to the wire in getting their demo builds ready for E3 you can bet on that.

edit: If a publisher or a developer feels like their product isn't up to par then it's not going to get air time.

This is probably my most anticipated Xbox One game. I don't mind it not being shown at E3, it just gives more time to Remedy to make Quantum Break as best as they can.

Christ, how some people freak out over seeing this game in two months, instead of in one week. The game will still get a lot of publicity. It is also a year til its release.

Perhaps more importantly, MS wants a strong Gamescom conference as well, so makes sense to save the EU-developed game for Gamescom.

Christ, how some people freak out over seeing this game in two months, instead of in one week. The game will still get a lot of publicity. It is also a year til its release.

Perhaps more importantly, MS wants a strong Gamescom conference as well, so makes sense to save the EU-developed game for Gamescom.

yeah you can't blow your entire load at E3. That wouldn't make sense from a pure marketing perspective as you need to make some sort of impact at all of these tradeshows. We all know QB exists, so its okay if it skips the big show to make way for possibly newer, bigger, and better things.

amardilo

It's nice to see MS will have new stuff to show at Gamescom but I'd of liked Quantum Break to be at both shows as I like Remedy's games and I think they need as much exposure as they can get.

Top Bottom