• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This looks fantastic. Hell, in game footage looks better visually than the movie which has somewhat faded and simplistic look to it.

Pokitaru

DWd6TYK.jpg

WcUQNRi.jpg

mEf8iCP.jpg

WIBiVda.jpg

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Gun behind a pre-order...it's like developers don't even care anymore. I'm glad the game gets a reboot, it looks amazing, but you can't justify poor decisions like that. I'll wait for the complete game once again, thanks.

There is no "complete edition", its a single gun that would not have been in the game period if they didnt have it as a preorder bonus according to them.

Some of these complaints are off the wall. Its not even taking away any basic features of the series that were not already there.

It looks amazing, its not even full price, what else are people expecting?

Game looks gorgeous. I played tools of destruction. I can't wait for this. Day one for me.
I'm ready to give insomniac another chance on earning my business again.

Burbeting

Banned
Show me Pokitaru!!!

Sure hope Pokitaru is still in the game...

I'm pretty sure Pokitaru was shown in the trailer, albeit very shortly.

Jstevenson, does the game feature swimming? I remember it was cut from ACIT and onwards, hope it returns since swimming was actually pretty big part of R&C1.

//Too late :D. Nice pictures though!

GnawtyDog

Banned
Gun behind a pre-order...it's like developers don't even care anymore. I'm glad the game gets a reboot, it looks amazing, but you can't justify poor decisions like that. I'll wait for the complete game once again, thanks.

What happened?

Edit: NVM caught up.

hesido

I am with you, 60fps all the way, but no so much as to neglect a game, and one looking like this!!

What I don't enjoy is sub 30fps, that shit has to go away!

I don't usually neglect games because of 30fps, I'm a console player for Pete's sake, Loved Uncharteds, played hundreds of hours of Battlefield... on PS3. However, I was for some reason heart broken to see Ratchets go down in frames per seconds previous gen, and was sincerely hoping to get that 60fps feelz back on this Ratchet on the vastly superior hardware, that's why I'm a bit hyperbolic.

Also I was against Insomniac's decision to go 30fps whatever the case, whatever the genre at the time. Seems like they are REALLY taking their decision on the previous gen seriously.

sono

From the team that made a Crack in Time which is one the best PS3 games in my opinion this is day 1 purchase.

Is that gameplay video 60fps or 30fps on youtube ?

(I know people are saying its 30fps on PS4, q is on youtube vid)

Auctopus

Ratchet & Clank was the first game I ever bought for PS2...

The word 'Pokitaru' just bought back so many memories and the animation of those puffafish.

From the team that made a Crack in Time which is one the best PS3 games in my opinion this is day 1 purchase.

Is that gameplay video 60fps or 30fps on youtube ?

(I know people are saying its 30fps on PS4, q is on youtube vid)
It's 60 with doubled frames

GnawtyDog

Banned
I don't usually neglect games because of 30fps, I'm a console player for Pete's sake, Loved Uncharteds, played hundreds of hours of Battlefield... on PS3. However, I was for some reason heart broken to see Ratchets go down in frames per seconds previous gen, and was sincerely hoping to get that 60fps feelz back on this Ratchet on the vastly superior hardware, that's why I'm a bit hyperbolic.

Also I was against Insomniac's decision to go 30fps whatever the case, whatever the genre at the time. Seems like they are REALLY taking their decision on the previous gen seriously.

Graphics sell and attract a lot more attention than isolated discussions (that can be perceived as a negative) in dedicated forums about 30 fps vs. 60 fps. Consumers reward that - devs don't blink. Millions bought the Witcher 3 on PS4 and Xbox One.... the examples are endless.

Wensih

It looks gorgeous. I really hope they make new entries in the series this generation because I would definitely buy a new entry, not so keen on a re-imagining.

Ratchet & Clank was the first game I ever bought for PS2...

The word 'Pokitaru' just bought back so many memories and the animation of those puffafish.

Lol yep I dunno what it is about Pokitaru but its my favorite world in the first game. Just looked so nice and Ratchet being so excited to go there lol, that's when I fell in love with the characters and universe.

This game is gonna be a serious nostalgia trip.

Tizoc

aBOUT the Pre-order
Isn't it just a quick unlock? It won't be a separate purchasable DLC would it?
If it is the former, then I don't see why people are making a big fuss about it. Previous R&C games did that as well.

farisr

aBOUT the Pre-order
Isn't it just a quick unlock? It won't be a separate purchasable DLC would it?
If it is the former, then I don't see why people are making a big fuss about it. Previous R&C games did that as well.

Don't think so. It's probably preorder exclusive DLC, which is not available for purchase, and may eventually become free after the game's been out for a while.

90sRobots

Removing a subtitle and going for the reboot tactic is a superb idea when you have a bold new vision that will reinvigorate an old IP for maxim- LOL JK LOOKS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES

hesido

Graphics sell and attract a lot more attention than isolated discussions (that can be perceived as a negative) in dedicated forums about 30 fps vs. 60 fps. Consumers reward that. Millions bought the Witcher 3 on PS4 and Xbox One.... the examples are endless.

I don't think millions specifically bought Witcher 3 for the graphics alone. The Order is the best looking game on PS4 and it hasn't sold well.

Also, Nintendo, for some odd reason, does its best to keep things at 60fps. Metal Gear is going for 60fps (hopefully, also Phantom Pain?).. And it will sell millions. COD sells millions, undeterred by the lower graphics fidelity that is assumed when running at 60fps. DICE is also now going for 60fps, while looking incredibly good. The examples are plenty.

But I do get your point, and that's similar to the point Insomniac made when going 30fps. However, I object to it as a a be-all-end-all target for developing games.

This looks great. I haven't played Ratchet and Clank since it first came out so seeing this reboot is blowing my mind. Definitely going to get this.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Hopefully it plays more like A Crack in Time and less like Tools of Destruction.

While it follows the same bones of story (ie Ratchet meets Clank, they have to stop Drek) and visits many familiar locations, almost everything in R&C PS4 has been touched, updated, or is new.

All of the art is new and from scratch, the weapons arsenal is completely different, the controls are modern, the RPG systems are in there now, the AI and enemy set-ups are now built to accomodate for those facts, most areas have completely re-done or brand new gameplay sequences, Clank's gameplay is brand new, flight gameplay is new, James Arnold Taylor plays Ratchet in this game, all of the cinematics and cutscenes are new.

Two very different experiences.
Thanks for the response! Sounds different enough to where I won't mind playing R&C1 now and jumping into this on PS4 next year. Really looking forward to it.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I don't think millions specifically bought Witcher 3 for the graphics alone. The Order is the best looking game on PS4 and it hasn't sold well.

Also, Nintendo, for some odd reason, does its best to keep things at 60fps. Metal Gear is going for 60fps (hopefully, also Phantom Pain?).. And it will sell millions. COD sell millions, undeterred by the lower graphics fidelity that is assumed when running at 60fps. DICE is also now going for 60fps, while looking incredibly good. The examples are plenty.

But I do get your point, and that's similar to the point Insomniac made when going 30fps. However, I object to it as a a be-all-end-all target for developing games.

Ohh it's not but it's a powerful marketing tool and, some people can legitimately prefer the trade-off - just like others do not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Removing a subtitle and going for the reboot tactic is a superb idea when you have a bold new vision that will reinvigorate an old IP for maxim- LOL JK LOOKS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER RATCHET AND CLANK GAMES

It's a reimagining of the first game. I wouldn't exactly expect it to look different.

LordofPwn

Will the visibomb be back?
Golden weapons?
RYNO?

I saw hoverboard racing aka fuck yeah

will the continue on with this and re-imagine Going Commando?

I have so many questions and the game is so far away...

Vire

I am seriously kind of blown away by the amount of effort going into this thing. This is a true remake in every sense of the word.

Just looks awesome!

Top Bottom