• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) New Previews

I'm in. Never played R&C (Xbox defector) but always wanted to.

You must buy this. The games scratch so many itches all at once with such varied gameplay. There's platforming, action adventure, plenty of shooting, huge variety of weapons (the Groovitron anyone?), battle arenas, the lot! And with a huge dollop of great humour, graphics, colour and imagination Just so much fun.

etta

my hard graphic balls
ratchet1.0.gif

o_O

Fuck, I think this will have to be a day one title now.

MODEYV3

Banned
Is there even any point in looking at the previews? We already know its a ratchet game, therefore it will be amazing as usual :p

MisterR

This looks so good. Can't wait to play some more Ratchet & Clank. My son's really excited about this one too.

Quixz

At £27.99 I have no choice but to add this to my collection!

Any reason why it's been sold at such a low price?

I agree, showing a definite improvement over the PS2 games!

:p

Honestly I don't even understand the "this is how I remember the PS2 games looking in my memory!" comments that a lot of people make, but I guess I'm too close to those games to relate to that. Love seeing these areas reimagined.

AdanVC

Game looks suuuuuper fun and beautiful af, just wow. Hope this game does well and sell loads. Glad PS4 still brings this type of games. Afterall, most people remember the PS1 as the console that had lot's of platformers with wacky new characters such as Crash, Spyro, etc. Wish PS4 could have more of those games.

I love how it looks so close to the original and yet so new at the same time! Now that's how you reboot a game, take lessons StarFox Zero.

Gameplay is really good and visually it's a freakin' masterpiece... Damn, can't wait to play that.

Gusy

Any word regarding framerate? I'll be more than happy with 30 fps given how good it looks. I think tools of destruction was a perfect balance between fps and IQ.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
^ Insomniac have not done 60fps games in many years

Insomniac has always done great work, all the way back to their PS1 work on Disruptor...this is definitely a day one

Newboi

Any word regarding framerate? I'll be more than happy with 30 fps given how good it looks. I think tools of destruction was a perfect balance between fps and IQ.

The game is confirmed 30fps.

I'm insanely hyped for this and sad at the same time that I'll have too many amazing games to play and not enough time to play them lol.

I see this averaging about 70-75 on metacritic with the "more of the same" tag.

unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me. tho neither would an 85-90+ 're-appreciation' of just what a wonderful, bombastic, insanely fun series this's been (at least for the most part :) )...

Kssio_Aug

this game is the perfect entry point if you've never played the series or maybe haven't played in a while / only played a couple.

it's also going to be amazing for long-time fans

I believe I played a bit of all the past Ratchet games, but never finished them, and never owned any of them. I believe this one may be great for me since I loved Sunset Overdrive and this Ratchet is a reboot so I wont get lost in the lore.

Game looks drop dead gorgeous, it can't be denied. Hopefully it delivers on the gameplay front as well. Would love to see this match A Crack in Time in terms of overall quality.

wouwie

I'm not watching any more footage. I'm off to the PSN store to pre-order this... I'm buying digital for once but i might pick up a boxed version later on.

Burbeting

Banned
I feel bit sad about the music so far. I mean, it's serviceable, but the original Ratchet & Clank soundtrack is very nostalgic and iconic for me. Looked at some gameplay from Metropolis, and I kept hoping on hearing the old theme, but to no avail :(.

Other than that, the game looks great! I have high hopes.

Anyone know if there will be any "in" jokes in this? I haven't been following it that closely. Partly because I generally avoid too many previews of games I'm interested in.

For whatever reason I never got round to playing the previous entries. I know it's a spiritual reboot but still.

I will get it regardless, just curious.

Top Bottom