• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) New Previews

vypek

Never played these series even though I was interested in the PS2 ones. Definitely ready to jump into the series and play this one. Looking forward to it a lot.

This is just mind-blowing! It's incredible how long we've come since the PS2 equivalent and with this being the original first level accurately "reimagined" I can't anything but smile when watching it.

Anyone know if there will be any "in" jokes in this? I haven't been following it that closely. Partly because I generally avoid too many previews of games I'm interested in.

For whatever reason I never got round to playing the previous entries. I know it's a spiritual reboot but still.

I will get it regardless, just curious.

Yeah, previews confirm there will be plenty of that kind of humor. Personally I found some of the Qwark commentary trying a bit too hard to be funny. I hope there is an option to turn if off.
As for Metacritic, I don't think any one should get too hung up if the game get's a lowish score. 'Into the Nexus' is generally well regarded by Ratchet fans and that game only garnered 76. So yeah, no one should be expecting high scores for this game. And it shouldn't really matter. Ratchet and Clank games are highly tuned / refined games that are pretty similar to each other. If you liked any of the past games then you will almost certainly enjoy this one. As long as you're not burn out.
For those lucky few (or unlucky looking at it from a different perspective) jumping into their first Ratchet game, I honestly think this game has a chance to end up as one of your most favorite games of this gen.

Playsage

Gorgeous as always this series is!
Are there any footage of Blackwater City (Rilgar) that aren't those few hoverboard frames from the trailer?
Game will surely be 84+. All the "main" games were always pretty well received.

Anyone know if there will be any "in" jokes in this? I haven't been following it that closely. Partly because I generally avoid too many previews of games I'm interested in.

For whatever reason I never got round to playing the previous entries. I know it's a spiritual reboot but still.

I will get it regardless, just curious.

I expect
the recurring plumber's cameo
. It would be hilarious if he already knew them even if they meet canonically for the first time.

LordofPwn

To be fair, positive previews mean almost nothing in this industry.

This is the truth. FFA had great previews and then was panned when it came out.

That said, this is a return to your standard R&C flair, and i can not wait to finally play it. i've tried out the demo and it looks and plays great.

I do wonder though if IGN is aware that some cutscenes are from the actual film

injurai

Banned
ratchet1.0.gif

giphy.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This game is just what my itch needs to be scratched, in a sea of RPG's, open world, FPS, etc..

I love the charm in these games.

I'm so excited for this game! Despite owning a PS2 and PS3, I never really tried this series. So stoked for this, as it looks absolutely gorgeous and looks like a bunch of fun! Plus despite being a remake, it's all brand new to me.

And due to various deals here in Canada, it only costs me $25. Incredible!

kaskade

I miss 3d platformers like this. Can't beat this reimagining for the 32 bucks on Amazon. Hopefully it sells really well and we get a new one.

Lucreto

Okay I watched 45 minutes of gameplay and I absolutely love what I have seen. Visually it is amazing, the character animations are top notch. I am glad the humour is on point as well. Dreks eye movement at the end of his pitch had me in stitches.

Most embarrassing for me was even though I have been a fan since the beginning I just got the joke in the name Skidd McMarxx. I don't know how I missed it.

Me:
giphy.gif

This is day one and I have more hype for this than Uncharted 4. I can't wait.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This is the truth. FFA had great previews and then was panned when it came out.

That said, this is a return to your standard R&C flair, and i can not wait to finally play it. i've tried out the demo and it looks and plays great.

I do wonder though if IGN is aware that some cutscenes are from the actual film

I guess that was the example of - "we don't want normal Ratchet & Clank do something new"

"wait wait wait"

Also IGN posted footage of cinematics (including the opening cinematic) and those are removed/being removed because the opening areas and scenes (and all the associated film footage contained in the game there) is embargoed until launch.

Elandyll

Banned
I see this averaging about 70-75 on metacritic with the "more of the same" tag.
Consider this my "controversial" opinion, but I think this title will get its fair share of 9s and even a few 10s, to end up in the high 80s (87-89).
At a very attractive price point and with the co-marketing with the movie, I think itll also do quite well in sales.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Looks incredible, hopefully it runs properly.

I'm so excited for this game! Despite owning a PS2 and PS3, I never really tried this series. So stoked for this, as it looks absolutely gorgeous and looks like a bunch of fun! Plus despite being a remake, it's all brand new to me.

And due to various deals here in Canada, it only costs me $25. Incredible!
Which deals?

bitbydeath

I'm down.
Won't pre-order til the date gets closer though because PSN doesn't take the money straight away and I prefer to know how much is *really* in my account.

malcher

I am still confused by this game. Is this a remake of one of the PS3 Ratchets (Tools of Destruction, Crack In Time, Quest for Booty) or a remake of a PS2 game?

Top Bottom