• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) New Previews

BahamutPT

The most amazing thing is the game costing 34.99€ instead of the direct conversion 39.99$ -> 39.99€.

(And I'm pretty sure I saw Uncharted 4 as 69.99€ before and now it's 59.99€)

Kas

Played the original on the PS2 and never got past Blackwater City. Played it again on the PS3 and just barely got the next planet afterwords and kept dyinh, so I stopped playing.

I'll definitely get this for the PS4 though. I loved all the R&Cs, so I'm in.

Played the original on the PS2 and never got past Blackwater City. Played it again on the PS3 and just barely got the next planet afterwords and kept dyinh, so I stopped playing.

I'll definitely get this for the PS4 though. I loved all the R&Cs, so I'm in.

No you didn't, you didn't love the original.

Elios83

Perfect game to play between Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4.
Can't wait. Price is also perfect.I really hope it sells well.

zeromcd73

ratchet1.0.gif
Sweet Jesus!

Would day 1 so hard if I wasn't in Japan until August.

Ledhead

Very excited for this game. I have it on preorder from Amazon's E3 30% off deal so i'll be getting it for a steal of a price.

jpd1408

Banned
Most unexpected game of 2016. I predict very strong reviews for this game. If you grew up on ratchet, it's the prefect trip down memory lane.

2thepoint

Day fucking 1.

Insomniac, please develop a sequel to Crack in Time too.

Oh, and Resistance 4.

That would be a killer title for me.

Tambini

Can't wait for this but I actually hope they don't remake 2 and 3 after even though those they are maybe my favourite Ratchet games. If this does well enough for a sequel I want a new game

RK128

Man, I know this game looks great but man does this set of level footage look great. Love how the game looks and the added detail for the second world looks great (love the cave section here; nice lighting and shadows).

Also interesting is the level design; a lot of these locations use set pieces and core design work from the PS2 Original but with some changes. The City Ratchet visits did not have a flying section opening the level for example.

Can't wait to see more and its awesome people love footage released so far!

Before the games launch, I plan on covering the original game in the styling of my Sonic Retrospective threads, as the game really deserves to be highlighted for what it was. The original game had issues but it was still a really strong platformer.

injurai

Banned
SIYgnVk.gif

Im my mind's eye, the original game looked this good back when it came out

Yeah, kinda. Would be dope for that to come back too.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

I know exactly what that is!!!! Omg I feel like a child again.

This game is going to be magic. Pure magic!!!

<3 Insomniac

Physically Based Rendering. The only last gen games who used it were Remember Me and MGSV (since it is cross -gen). Anything remastered from last-gen to this gen doesn't chnage its workflow and add it. I was wondering if this new Ratchet uses PBR since it looks exactly like previous last-gen episodes, though someone from the otehr thread said it uses it.Weird since I didn't feel any change.

Uhh, what?

SIYgnVk.gif

Im my mind's eye, the original game looked this good back when it came out

Yeah, kinda. Would be dope for that to come back too.

If Crash came back with the same kind of love this has count me in!

I would absolutely love it if Activision gave it to Insomniac for a dig, or Sony if they got the license back.

This game looks great. Im digging that its more the original trilogy vs the crappy ps3 games (though i did enjoy the first PS3 game).

RexNovis

Banned
One of the very very few games I have preordered this gen. Love me some Rachet and Clank and this one looks to be fantabulous. Cannot wait!

Top Bottom