• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Kriken

taken from the 4chan thread...

1423945587202.jpg

??

Nope.

OQmCdJZ.png

The shadow only shows up when you actually select the character

And we're back at square one
Still dreaming for real

My first impression was that it's fake, but if it is, I think it's really well made. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I'm not used to leak pictures being that big.

But at the same time, not convinced without actual in game shots of Rayman. Just a model superimposed on a bunch of menus isn't enough, and Mewtwo does still look off.

DigtialT

Wait, why would a character unlock screen appear for a dlc character? Does that mean you have to fight them to unlock them like normal characters?

Wait, why would a character unlock screen appear for a dlc character? Does that mean you have to fight them to unlock them like normal characters?

No one knows, but I wouldn't be surprised, necessarily.

It's not like there's a lot of historical precedence for DLC Smash characters.

Doc moving to the Mario characters is the only way my mind can wrap around the CSS being adjusted.

There's no other way I can make it work in my head unless they change the specific order they had already established for one character.

Moving Falcon to the first row just doesn't work. He'd be the only non-clone/non-third party character out of order if that was the case.

But this is a perfectly fine and reasonable solution, so it's not like it kills the leak.

Little Mac, the only representative of his series, isn't grouped with all the other non-clone/non-third party characters.

Everybody likes to pretend there is any rhyme or reason to the Smash roster layout but it only very loosely follows any sort of chronology. Characters are placed arbitrarily in several cases.

Case in point, Little Mac.

EDIT: I am wrong, never mind.

Probably because we're not used to them. And regarding Mewtwo looking basic and different from the dlc. The mewtwo render would match the look she had in the latest movie she appeared in. Now I question if Mewtwo has an alternate skin that has the more masculine version.

Mewtwo is being added for Melee fan nostalgia. He'll use his Melee voice and probably have only a very slightly changed moveset. I would be exceptionally surprised if he changed to female. Like, really surprised, because his entire existence is melee nostalgia (like Doc).

Little Mac, the only representative of his series, isn't grouped with all the other non-clone/non-third party characters.

Everybody likes to pretend there is any rhyme or reason to the Smash roster layout but it only very loosely follows any sort of chronology. Characters are placed arbitrarily in several cases.

Case in point, Little Mac.

Little Mac is after Game and Watch and before Duck Hunt... he's in exactly the right spot? Remove all the series with more than one character and they're in chronological order... Little Mac is in the perfect spot.

I know but still I'm saying that this is supposedly an unreleased version of the game. It wouldn't be surprising to have minor differences with the game right now. You can't debunk a rumor only because of that.
You must be confused. I'm saying the actual game select screen doesn't look the way it does in the picture that person that tried to debunk the leak posted. It looks the way it does in the leak.

Cbajd5

1/2 price if you beat them to unlock them, obviously. Or they show the screen in lieu of a purchase confirmation in game.

NotLiquid

I imagine it'd be the game's replacement for startup notices. Hyrule Warriors gives you windows on startup when you have new content, for Smash it probably makes sense to have a splash screen.

From what I've heard, Ubisoft wanted Rayman in Smash and Sakurai didn't think he fit.

I could easily see him changing his mind and could just as easily see him not.

If that's actually something that occurred then I really don't understand how Sakurai comes to some of these conclusions when it comes to who would fit and who wouldn't...
I mean, Smash a series that lets the player fight as a black stick figure from an ancient line of (relatively) obscure primitive handheld devices from the second generation...
It also "stars"a yoga mannequin from a blue ocean casual-centric non-combat oriented fitness series as a playable fighter...

How wouldn't a fantasy platform character who can shoot his fist, shrink himself, fly with his hair, and fire energy beams not fit in Smash?
I mean...as an artist I think it's bunk to assert that he wouldn't work aesthetically next to Super Mario, Pikachu, Toon Link or Sonic...and as a creative person who's a fan of the Rayman series I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a unique and engaging moveset for him.

:p

Top Bottom