• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Received $10 from Sony (Expire on Nov 30th)

d9b

Banned
Day 01 Pro here. Reporting $10 received on my US account. Sony giving away free money... Thankyouplease!

renzolama

I don't get it. Pre ordered the pro and got nothing. My Brother bought the pro days later and he got the 10$. I feel betrayed. ;(

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed about it myself in a similar situation. Has anyone contacted Sony directly to ask about the credit and why they have not received it?

Oneself

Got every damn PS consoles on day one except the VR, day one PS Store user, spent thousands of $ on the store. Took part of the spend 100$ get 15$, got 15$.

But no 10$ for me. And no "thanks for the 10years" thing either. My 2nd, useless and unused since like 8years account got the thanks though.
:|

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Got the $10 for my US account. Previously had a PS4 from launch and just got my Pro on launch too (if that has any influence as to my receiving it I'm not sure).

Invested in a couple of PS2 games.

I got my 15 from the 100 in October deal AND got the notification for 10 in my account but when I check my credit it only shows 15 bucks.

I've been had!

panda-zebra

Fired up my US account - only used it once to purchase some Disgaea DLC for an import copy I had on ps3, that was quite some time ago. Since then it's only been demos and $0.01 in credit.

$10 sat waiting to be claimed. Purchased the only PSVR game I don't have at that price point.

notbad.gif

EDIT: I own PSVR and a Pro since day 1 and have US account transferred over from OG ps4, have used both with US account.

I got my 15 from the 100 in October deal AND got the notification for 10 in my account but when I check my credit it only shows 15 bucks.

I've been had!

Did you accept the offer in the message? It should take you to the redeem code screen with a code automatically filled out, then you get your 10 dollars credit.

Still nothing. Bought the Pro 1 day before the release.

Guess I won't get anything for being a bad kid and opening my gift earlier.

But... My console is not active as primary on my main account. My little brother is using on the older console

Kinan

Got it on my US account, which I do not use much, lol. Pro owner here and I got the code almost directly after registering the Pro as a primary console for my US acc. Could still be a coincidence though.

Canon

Banned
Hey Neogaf -

You're all liars according to Sony (PlayStation) phone support (the number I got from PlayStation's Twitter when they couldn't help me and the live chat hasn't worked for 3 days). They did everything they could to deflect from me getting the money and said, "We have no information at all about that." At first he said "it was fake, all fabricated," and then he spoke to someone and said "Okay it's supposed to be a notification you receive from Playstation, can you please check your messages?" (even I told him I already checked for 3 days).

Finally he puts me on hold for like 10 minutes and comes back with, "Ok my mistake the reason we don't have any information is because it's a hoax, some people on the Internet are posting this false information, this is not a real promotion." So I told them, "So you're saying the thousands of people on the forums and social media who posted screenshots of this are all liars?" and he said "Yes it's all fake."

I said thanks for nothing and I guess I won't be purchasing anything from your store. Didn't care.

Happened like this

1) First he didn't know anything about it, blames "Sony main branch"
2) Puts me on hold
3) Suddenly knows everything about the promotion
4) Puts me on hold to give me the promotion
5) Comes back with "oh wait nvm" it's all fake and everyone online is a liar.

I really wish I recorded this. Next time I will. I really wanted to say "hold on a second" and then set up my microphone or something but wasn't in a position to do so at the time.

5taquitos

Hey Neogaf -

You're all liars according to Sony phone support. They did everything they could to deflect from me getting the money and said, "We have no information at all about that." At first he said "it was fake, all fabricated," and then he spoke to someone and said "Okay it's supposed to be a notification you receive from Playstation, can you please check your messages?" (even I told him I already checked for 3 days).

Finally he puts me on hold for like 10 minutes and comes back with, "Ok my mistake the reason we don't have any information is because it's a hoax, some people on the Internet are posting this false information, this is not a real promotion." So I told them, "So you're saying the thousands of people on the forums and social media who posted screenshots of this are all liars?" and he said "Yes it's all fake."

I said thanks for nothing and I guess I won't be purchasing anything from your store. Didn't care.

We all got together on IRC and said "let's fuck with Canon"

that's bizarre if true

I am fairly upset that I never received this.

I purchased a PSVR bundle day one, PS4 Pro day one, and tons of PSVR games and Pro enhanced games both digitally and physically.

Sony's way of distributing stuff like this is obviously flawed when customers spending tons of money like myself (and many others here) get nothing.

Fuck you Sony!

Canon

Banned
I am fairly upset that I never received this.

I purchased PSVR day one, PS4 Pro day one, and tons of PSVR games and Pro enhanced games both digitally and physically.

Sony's way of distributing stuff like this is obviously flawed when customers spending tons of money like myself (and many others here) get nothing.

Fuck you Sony!
What pisses me off is arguing with them and having them call me a liar about this promotion even existing.

Last year new PS4's came with a $10 coupon and a 10% off discount code too, got a new PS4 Pro today and nothing inside it similar. Hoping to get $10 code but with or without it, this years PS4's seem a bit weaker in generosity.

renzolama

Just wanted to post to reiterate that I pre-ordered a PS4 Pro and activated it as my primary system on launch day and never received any $10 credit. I guess Sony did a random lottery to decide who to send codes to, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. If you did all the "right things" to get the code and haven't gotten one then yeah, join me in sending a cordial fuck you to Sony.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Question -

Do you have to redeem the code by the 30th or spend the $10 by the 30th?

I redeemed the code and have the $10 in my wallet. Thanks.

Top Bottom