• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Chase17

would be nice. Unrelated note, I hope there is a direct soon. I can't think off many games off the top of my head that are for 3ds this year. Story of Seasons, Xenoblade, inevitable pokemon game. What else am I missing?

Danneee

Super_Mario_64_DS_Coverart.png

I know, I know. But as someone said, they could do better.

Weetrick

Wouldn't the port developer logo show up at startup? IIRC, the OOT/MM flashes the Grezzo logo at the start of the game.

I will say one thing, whoever did this fake has a nice eye for detail.

b7joRUK.jpg

I forget what audience ranking the blue curtains are but in no moment in the entire game are the curtains visible through the HUD unless someone is attacking. That ought to be easy to shop out though if you can get a screen of the curtain during an area-of-effect attack but still, nice eye for these things.
You can easily find the textures on the web. Putting them all together and making the animation requires quite a bit of work though.

I've decided that I'm going to believe every Nintendo related leak that pops up this year, no matter how outlandish. So, with that being said, Thousand Year Door was a fantastic game and, if it releases this year, it'll be nice summer filler.

I'm excited.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
THIS IS THE FUCKING REMASTER I WANT. I said that once and someone shit on me. Fuck you, "someone."

purdobol

Hope it's fake. Too much remakes/remasters already this gen. I can at least understand the temptation to do remakes of N64 games. But gamecube titles hold up well to this day. Playing Zelda WW or Paper mario doesn't feel dated at all. No need for remakes. Better make new Paper mario instead. Fans will be more pleased with that.

This would be the first remake this generation that I'd scramble to get a physical copy day 1.

Heck, does anyone know the viability of other Gamecube titles coming to 3DS? There's tons of titles Nintendo could dig into that would likely generate some significant sales.

Hope it's fake. Too much remakes/remasters already this gen. I can at least understand the temptation to do remakes of N64 games. But gamecube titles hold up well to this day. Playing Zelda WW or Paper mario doesn't feel dated at all. No need for remakes. Better make new Paper mario instead. Fans will be more pleased with that.
I would love to replay this on a portable!
Come on.

Thorakai

This would be great. TTYD is the only Paper Mario I haven't played and from what I gather its easily the best in the series.

PMTYD goes for 50+ dollars on Ebay. So for most people, they'll not even be able to play it unless it's ported/remade.

"Just play the original" doesn't really work with most Gamecube games. They're absurdly expensive for some reason.

Weetrick

But I could play this on my commute to work!

Lijik

Shouldn't the title screen have the copyright info (and stuff like that) on it?
320px-Paper_Mario-_The_Thousand_Year_Door-title.png
That something that could be on the second screen, Codename Steam does that. I think its weirder that the press button notification is on the top screen which I cant think offhand of a nintendo game doing, and "Press Any Button" doesnt sound like language they'd use. Those details and conveniently not filming the bottom screen make this look pretty fake

RoadDogg

Didn't Sticker Star start out as a straight Paper Mario 64 port before getting switched into what it released as? I seem to recall that being the case. It would be odd for them to ditch all of the N64 port and then turn around and do TTYD instead. I say fake.

Didn't Sticker Star start out as a straight Paper Mario 64 port before getting switched into what it released as? I seem to recall that being the case. It would be odd for them to ditch all of the N64 port and then turn around and do TTYD instead. I say fake.

It was a sequel that was too close to TTYD, so Miyamoto made some changes lol.

Tadale

I'm thinking fake, but if it stirs up some interest in a 3DS port of that game, then the faker is doing God's work.

FluxWaveZ

Paper Mario fans. I mean logic tells me that people who love the franchise would rather play new iteration than same old in different package.

But this is about a TTYD remake, which would appeal to fans of the original game. I'd rather play TTYD again than play Sticker Star or Super Paper Mario.

PMTYD goes for 50+ dollars on Ebay. So for most people, they'll not even be able to play it unless it's ported/remade.

"Just play the original" doesn't really work with most Gamecube games. They're absurdly expensive for some reason.

How is that absurdly expensive? That's about what it cost when it came out.

Hardly snes levels of hyperinflation

This would be the first remake this generation that I'd scramble to get a physical copy day 1.

Heck, does anyone know the viability of other Gamecube titles coming to 3DS? There's tons of titles Nintendo could dig into that would likely generate some significant sales.

Considering that the Wii U VC and Nintendo Directs has not pushed anything remotely close to GCN content, it's still up in the air.

Intel_89

I wish this was real even though I own the original game, would love to have a portable version of one of the best turn based RPG's ever made.

Also just to heighten the drama on this thread, I like Sticker Star. *gasp*

How is that absurdly expensive? That's about what it cost when it came out.

Hardly snes levels of hyperinflation

A remake would cost 40 at best, but more likely 30, and would easily have sales over the years to the point where you could pick it up for <20 if your timing is right.

50 was at the lower end on Ebay. They only went up from there.

Kriken

No bottom screen on the first image leads me to believe it's fake, the second image can easily be done with an image uploader. I'd love this, but I doubt it's real

Platy

The only leak that barely showed the bottom screen that was real was the bowser jr smash one and had moves WAY more complicated than a title screen =P

Since it would be an amazing idea, I'm going to call fake. Nintendo isn't capable of making decisions that would actually please people.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's a program you can use to find artifact editing...

It's not 100% foolproof, though. I remember in the lead-up to Pokemon Black and White during "Wottergate", people used it on the leaked images of the final evolutions, and later on CoroCoro scans and claimed it was fake. Of course, magazine scans would show editing since they are edited images.

Top Bottom