• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Crayolan

godisreal.gif

As much as I want it to be real and for Nintendo to give recognition to the best game ever, I'd far prefer a new Paper Mario in the vein of TTYD. My Gamecube copy of TTYD is still perfectly functional, in fact, I just played it 2 weeks ago, so a handheld version of it doesn't do much for me. I'd just be buying off of principle.

An HD remake for Wii U would also be preferable.

Shiggy

Wouldn't wonder me if this game has been done for half a year and Nintendo is just waiting to spread individual releases.

They've done this a lot recently - from rating to release:

Tomodachi Life - 5 months
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 5 months
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - 6 months
The Legend of Zelda: Majora´s Mask 3D - 11 months

Love the game.

But Nintendo's remaster situation is getting as bad as any company doing it.

I have to disagree. How many Wii or DS games get a remaster? I like remasters of older games but what really annoys me are those games which released just a year or two ago on the last generation systems. Thats the reason I thought DKCR3D wasn't a good idea.

random25

I'll go with fake too. Love to be proven wrong, though.

I would just like them to maekr a new PM that uses the same formula as TTYD.

Vena

Love the game.

But Nintendo's remaster situation is getting as bad as any company doing it.

WWHD - 13 years old.
Majora's Mask 3D - 15 years old
OoT 3D - 16 years old
Xenoblade - 5 years old (limited world wide release).

What else? Three of these games are possibly older than our younger posters.

I have to disagree. How many Wii or DS games get a remaster? I like remasters of older games but what really annoys me are those games which released just a year or two ago on the last generation systems. Thats the reason I thought DKCR3D wasn't a good idea.
Exactly. The amount of remasters between PS4 and Xbone probably surpasses the amount done on 3DS and Wii U combined. Not trying to start a console war, so I apologize if it came off as such.

ah_hia

I would say fake as they could've shown the bottom screen as well but they didn't so it probably was just a fake video. I wouldn't mind it being real though.

WWHD - 13 years old.
Majora's Mask 3D - 15 years old
OoT 3D - 16 years old
Xenoblade - 5 years old (limited world wide release).

What else? Three of these games are possibly older than our younger posters.
Starfox 64
Old Wii titles for 20 bucks a piece etc..

Wouldn't wonder me if this game has been done for half a year and Nintendo is just waiting to spread individual releases.

They've done this a lot recently - from rating to release:

Tomodachi Life - 5 months
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 5 months
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - 6 months
The Legend of Zelda: Majora´s Mask 3D - 11 months
the problem with this theory is that most partner devs were too busy to develop this (since it seems mostly finished)
Intelligent Systems - Fire Emblem If and Code name STEAM
Monster Games -Xenoblade 3D
Grezzo -Majora's Mask 3D
indieszero - Ultimate NES Remix and Theatrhytm DQ
Good Feel- Yoshi Woolly World
Syn sophia - That Pripara game and Girls Mode 3
Hexadrive - FF Type 0 HD

I guess there is a couple devs like Arika and Vanpool but those aren't exactly ones to give a full Paper Mario game. Arika is mainly puzzle and fighting games and Vanpool has updated since 2013

I would say fake seeing as how we don't see the bottom screen in the gif nor any light from it. With a room that dark, there would be a little glow, no?

Cbajd5

I'm going to go with that the leak is fake, but they're actually making it since it would be the funniest outcome.

WillyFive

After Sticker Star and being burned out by the dozen Mario and Luigi RPG's, I'd like a new RPG Mario series....maybe this time with WRPG elements like the Bethesda or Bioware games.

Tabasco

A remake of a gamecube game on the 3DS? Huh.

I would rather them make a new Paper Mario game similar in gameplay to TTYD instead of them doing this. Sticker Star seems like it isn't worth mentioning as a proper game to the series.

I hope it's true, Paper Mario is perfect for 3DS

20150219225027!Paper_Mario_TTYD_-_Cabin_Transition_EFB2RAM.gif

pervasive

Neo Member
I'm on #teamfake but please let this actually become a thing, I would throw my money at Nintendo in a heartbeat if they do this

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
Whether this is real or not, I don't want this :/

I want a new Paper Mario game.. for the Wii U.

Top Bottom