• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

Ondore

As the guy who floated that balloon in the downloads thread... yeah, I'm pretty much in the #TeamFake camp at this point. Especially in the last week before April 1.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly, even if this was real I wouldn't be that excited honestly...

But maybe I'm biased because I have the game readily available. Because honestly besides being on the 3DS, I couldn't see them changing much at all, and I'd rather see them take another stab with the basic Sticker Star formula (which had potential I still think, as I thought the basic battle system with a few meaningful tweaks and more plot utilizing the world map would be good), rather than what would probably be a quick and dirty port. TTYD seems like a hard game to edit? At the most, I'd love to see an optional section expanding on Ms. Mowz, and maybe fix some of the slower points in the Tree, Glitz Pit, and Steeple chapters...but I guess that might also mess up the game's pacing. It's really a hard game to reach a nice balance with a remake I feel.

I think Paper Mario 64 is more deserving of a nice, upgraded port, cleaning things up a bit, and if that was what was "leaked", I might believe it since it'd go with the weird Bombette shout-out by Nintendo.

By this point, I'm bound to call any "leak" whatsoever as a fake, no matter how authentic it looks. That fake Rayman character leak made for Smash Bros. 4 was the point of no return for leaks for me.

L95

Yeah and also I just noticed how on the title screen vid, there's no copyright info of the game like "2004/2015 Intelligent Systems/Nintendo" and credit stuff like that. It's just the plain "Press any button" and looks kinda empty...

In theory, it could be on the bottom screen, but here we are, with no bottom screen displayed.

Ms.Galaxy

The issue with this supposed leak is that it's extremely easy to fake because Paper Mario has a very simplistic art style. I could easily recreate the gif in question in a few hours with Illustrator, Photoshop, and Flash.

The typo made me read this as "Paper Metroid TTYD 3D" I was expecting a whole different tbread. :p

Anyways, could be easily faked, so not super excited, would love it though since I haven't played TTYD in years.

Roo

After the Rayman DLC fiasco, I won't believe shit (even in motion) until an official source confirms it.
There are losers with too much free time in their hands...

There's no way it's real, but if it is I absolutely will buy it. Just the whole... shakey cam, basic looking shots of the game... it's definitely not real.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I never got around to playing this, and my GF ADORES the first Paper Mario. We would BOTH play the shit out of this. As in, I would absolutely buy two copies of this.

Firebrand

Reminds me of when screens of PM:TTYD leaked shortly before E3... and some people called it fake because it looked way too clean! Well, it did look fantastic. I should play through that again.

See this port/remaster actually works

Paper Mario thousand year door released back during the GameCube cycle , so back in 2004 which is 10 years old by now

Its not like last gen games getting "remastered" and I've said this before but any game before last gen is what I consider a remaster if it gets ported

I want this to be real , do it Nintendo

If Nintendo prepared a small 30 second teaser and announced a date, sending feelers out for preorder numbers, I think this game would be remade and get the red carpet treatment.

I want to believe this exists.

MrBadger

It's probably fake but I'd love for it to be real. Never played TTYD and I need something good after the last Paper Mario.

post-58044-Better-Call-Saul-Mike-Ehrmantr-gyuL.png

Man, I hope it's real. Thousand Year Door is easily my favorite of the paper marios, and I have been aching to play it again.

That said, I totally doubt this being real.

Beyond good & evil 2 had a huge leak that I remember.

This looks fake, although it would make a lot of sense to fill the WiiU/3DS line-up with gamecube ports in 2016 while working on new software for the next-gen. PPTYD 3DS, F-zero GX 3D and Fire Emblem: PoR: WiiU edition, you know you'll want it.

My man! 60 fps w/3D enabled would be insane...

Hatchtag

Banned
One remaster I wouldn't really be excited about. Already have semi-portable Paper Mario with Nintendon't, being on the 3DS certainly wouldn't be an upgrade for the graphics, and there's just not any cool features I could really see them adding.

flohen95

I'm not believing anything until it is officially confirmed.

That said: I would have no objections to Nintendo porting what I consider to be the best game of all time to a handheld, and I'd definitely buy it.

Top Bottom