• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: leaked Paper Mario TTYD 3D? (Real or Fake)

mclem

I'm not really too good with stuff like this, would you mind explaining what your trying to show with this?

I assume the point is that the slant that's implied by the position of the screen is not reflected in the image *onscreen*. The white line at the top is the width of the top of the screen. The arrows are pointing at the bottom of the UI element, which - due to the screen slope - should look slightly wider than the white line. It does not.

It's a program you can use to find artifact editing...

Oh. Alright, then.

AdanVC

Since it would be an amazing idea, I'm going to call fake. Nintendo isn't capable of making decisions that would actually please people.

Sad but true. Remaking this game makes 100% sense and will made everyone happy so it's impossible this is real. I'm just waiting for the person who did this to shrug and upload a 20 + min tutorial in how to fake things to get subscribers and do a weekly series.

I'm not really too good with stuff like this, would you mind explaining what your trying to show with this?

Yeah 1+ here, please.

Clear pixel sampling as a result of image editing with software. Someone's overlaid an image and transformed it to try and match the perspective of the photo. You can also see a lack of fringing that a real photo would provide - the edges of the screen in the edit are far too crisp. The image is wonky, also...

whipihguh

Banned
Yeah, this is definitely fake. Something like this is relatively easy to fake these days, especially since you can find or rip these Paper Mario TTYD assets and reconstruct them.

Far easier than the Rayman "leak" anyway.

Since it would be an amazing idea, I'm going to call fake. Nintendo isn't capable of making decisions that would actually please people.

GTFO with that nonsense.

People wanted Earthbound on the VC

People wanted Bayonetta 1 ported to Wii U

People wanted Mario Kart 8 DLC

People wanted a Majora's Mask 3D remake

People wanted more Fire Emblem

Your assessment of Nintendo is as fake as this "leak".

I'm with you. I had to open the topic to focus what it was actually talking about.

tumblr_lzjtovjTa81qzwtdlo1_500.jpg

Oh nooooo that's so cute!!!!
I want it. ;-;

purdobol

I'm just waiting for the person who did this to shrug and upload a 20 + min tutorial in how to fake things to get subscribers and do a weekly series.

It's not that hard really. You take footage of "playing some game on 3ds". Camera track it with blender for example. And paste fake footage over original one. The only "hard part" in this video is changing title screen.

Woffls

I'll be quite disappointed when this turns out to be fake, because it's a chuffing brilliant game and as many people should play it as possible.

calling fake but I'd buy it if it was real. hypothetically if it was real, i hope it does really well so we can get an actual paper mario rpg sequel.

OranSky

Banned
Considering the gif does not show any player input and response there is no reason to believe its real. Also its on a regular 3DS XL if this was a real test build I would imagine Nintendo internally would be using the "new" 3DSs by now. Granted I can believe they would have test builds for both types to see how it would run on the regular 3DS but still, the fact that its not a "new" 3DS gives more weight that it is fake.

With all that said and done, yes I of course would love to see this happen
That way the 3DS would at least get one good paper Mario game

If it's fake it's a really, really good fake.

You can play videos on the top screen of the 3DS. They don't show the bottom screen for that reason. The original Youtube video has been removed by the user, leaving us, conveniently, with only a gif to go by. If real, he's playing a fully operational, very quick to load copy of a game that's not been hinted at, let alone announced. The photo of the game in action also has a Photoshopped bottom screen.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

majik13

Read the title as some strange Paper Mario + Metroid cross over. This has probabaly already been mentioned I'm sure.

Life isn't kind enough for this to be real.

But I want it it be so, so bloody much, second best Nintendo game ever made after Majora's Mask, I'd punch a baby for a portable 3D version!

AdanVC

Übermatik;157571395 said:
Clear pixel sampling as a result of image editing with software. Someone's overlaid an image and transformed it to try and match the perspective of the photo. You can also see a lack of fringing that a real photo would provide - the edges of the screen in the edit are far too crisp. The image is wonky, also...

Thanks for the explanation! SIGH so it's fake isn't it? :'(

It's not that hard really. You take footage of "playing some game on 3ds". Camera track it with blender for example. And paste fake footage over original one. The only "hard part" in this video is changing title screen.

Yeah and also I just noticed how on the title screen vid, there's no copyright info of the game like "2004/2015 Intelligent Systems/Nintendo" and credit stuff like that. It's just the plain "Press any button" and looks kinda empty...

Azure J

DO WANT
DO WANT
DO WANT

As much as this is another port, I would be so down for the new Paper effects. That + having the TTYD's everything on the go would be sublime. I can only hope this is leading into a more traditional Paper Mario experience on Wii U/3DS in the future.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't be the only one thinking that fabricating such fakes should be punishable by law.

Nintendo using the power of the New 3DS for old ports.

You know, if Nintendo would be like "The 3DS is now a port station for Gamecube and Wii games".....I think I'd be okay with that.
But seriously, they are porting Xenoblade on that thing and NOT Mario Galaxy? Why?
Anyway, this is way too good to be true

Top Bottom