• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit [verified] User shares NX info: x86 Architecture, Second screen support etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Nintendo porting Smash to NX basically guarantees the pro players migrate over. Not breathtaking numbers mind you, BUT it still helps perception. ESPECIALLY if it has new characters like the Ice Climbers! Let's not forget the Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta amiibo are still MIA.

Nintendo porting Mario Maker guarantees that the game has a lasting legacy, as well as newcomers a ton of backlog to playthrough. Now...I'd love some additional DLC, though.

Nintendo porting Zelda is just replicating TP. Simple. Done.

Nintendo porting Splatoon I guess gets Japan on board, since that game is causing Wii U shortages over there. Just a bizarre situation when you try to wrap your mind around that one. Not to mention the rumors of 2 new amiibo coming for it.

As for new games, I'm still banking on a 3D Mario game to be exclusive to it, as well as some kind of eShop Racing game. Maybe Excitebike World Rally 2 or something.

EDIT - I just hope I don't have to unlock those Smash custom moves for a third time. ;_;

Ad0ve

Banned
Dont forget Retros new game, if its not at E3, Im just going to assume they are having internal problems at the studio

KingBroly

Banned
Dont forget Retros new game, if its not at E3, Im just going to assume they are having internal problems at the studio

I can't remember the last time they didn't have internal problems.

That studio needs more people, though. Get a 2nd team going so people stop demanding Retro all the time.

Retro have to be doing a Startropics reboot right now in the vein of a Zelda/Tomb Raider mixed clone with realistic graphics. If they working on another Donkey Kong that would be L worthy as much as I loved DKCTF

Peru

Yeah key title ports from Wii U was my first speculation when NX was announced. Makes too much sense looking at how well they hit with the insane attach rates but too limited install base.

I definitely need SMM on the NX. Splatoon too is a franchise they really want to install on their new ecosystem and a few years down the road put out a sequel to.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
DM 😎

It's probably too much to ask, but I'd love a 1080p 60fps Zelda U. They'll probably stick to 30 like the last remasters.
Not sure what they can do with smash other than release a complete edition. It's already 1080p 60fps...Maybe new DLC characters?
I don't think they should do Mario Kart nor Splatoon. A sequel should be easy to make and wouldn't take as long as a smash release.
Bayonetta 2, XCX, and DKCTF are prime candidates for remasters, I'd think

Yep

I thought it was public. My mistake, sorry.
Ok, then. Let's see what we can get.
This is what she said

Hey, guys, I spoke to Emily Rogers and she says Shikamaru Ninja's predictions are the closest so far. Zelda and Smash Bros are two of the four Wii U ports coming to NX. Shikamaru Ninja named two of the other four games.
Also, Instro's post is 👌👌👌
except he got one wrong

Now, let's go back and look at both Instro and Shikamaru's posts!.

Super Mario Maker DX is the easiest choice. Smash, Splatoon, and even Mario Kart 8 all make sense because they have a highly active online communities. For those that say that Mario Kart 9 or Splatoon 2 are on the way, I don't think that's anytime soon with the big games Nintendo has in full production right now. This new Zelda, that new Mario or 3D action title at Tokyo, and then Pikmin 4 and whatever concept mini-game title they have cooking, that alone wipes away all their 3D artists.

Yeah the more I think about, assuming what she is saying is true, the 4 should be this:

Zelda- All but official
Smash- Heavily rumored
Xenoblade X- Big open world game that would benefit greatly from additional power. Could use additional sales and could do well as a launch window title.
Mario Maker- Full new game isn't really needed for a while, they can build off the existing game and add additional content through updates and DLC. Might actually be really good as a packin, especially if there is no traditional Mario available for launch or near launch.

As you can see, both of them mentioned Super Mario Maker. Since Shikamaru got both of the other four titles, while Instro just one of them, it's an obvious conclusion that SMM is one of them. What we can also conclude is that Xenoblade X is NOT among the four Wii U-to-NX she's aware of, since she also said there are more incoming.
So, the fourth one Emily is aware of must be one between Splatoon and Mario Kart 8.

Zalman

Four ports this early in its life seems like a lot, but I guess that's to be expected with a console like the Wii U. I'm just hoping there's enough new titles for people who already played these.

KingBroly

Banned
I remember reading that Retro is really expensive for Nintendo.

I'm under the impression that Retro is one bad game away from closed because they don't like Retro, think they're overrated or it's just some legacy piece that doesn't fit with their vision of everything being done in Japan.

Mpl90

I wonder if Emily tweets could deserve a brand new thread of its own.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Emily tweets could deserve a brand new thread of its own.

Since they were only in reply to other people, I'd like to think that maybe it's best to just let them stay discussed as is. If she makes it one of her main tweets as an announcement, then I say go for it. The news currently is pretty vague. I think it would have more value if specific titles were mentioned or if Nintendo was confirming this. As of now, rumor + vague details strikes me as not needing a thread. That said, I admit it's still appreciated and juicy info.

Expensive how? Nintendo owns them

I don't know anything about Retro, but operating costs is a thing. Also, their projects strike me as high budget and they don't release very frequently, so profitability could be a concern if sales aren't meeting expectations.

Mpl90

If she tweets something. Not based on some guy saying she said something

While she didn't tweet the conversation with James, she tweeted about the four ports she's aware of, that there are more too. But yeah, I can see why that's not enough for a new thread.

It's better to let the discussion stay here for the time being, IMHO.

At least, until mods will close the thread :lol

Terrell

Sounds bad, but I want to see what a smash would be without his influence. I feel like he's preventing it from reaching it's full potential.

I wouldn't go that far, but he certainly has a very specific notion of what Smash Bros. is supposed to be and a new take would be interesting, so long as it didn't overly fiddle with the gameplay systems.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This thread is pretty entertaining with those comparisons.

I wonder how they will do smash bros.. other than packing all the DLC characters together and throwing them on the cover what could they do?

My safe guess is they probably would add new contents. It's possible that we could see new characters.

I don't expect much more unless Sakurai is involved.

Who said Sakurai wouldn't be involved? :p

KingBroly

Banned
They could always add Ice Climbers, Ridley, 4 new, blue-haired FE characters, Impa, Waluigi, K Rool, Chorus Kids and Bomberman to Smash

ReyVGM

Nintendo Direct

February 22
April 21

February 14
April 17

February 13
Three game-specific directs

January 14
April 1

March 3

I guess we'll get a direct a the end of this month or beginning of next month.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Incorporate 3DS features like Smash Run. Stages etc. A new character?

If we got Smash for NX, I wouldn't be surprised if that became 'the' Smash for NX. Would could a Smash 5 do that a Smash 4 port couldn't?

Well, I'm pretty sure that they already started working on the port for Smash NX, so they should have plenty of times to work on new contents (I meant small team could do 7 characters, 9 stages and some Mii costumes and trophies within in 16 months.. Imagine Sakurai with decent-sized or big team with Smash NX, about 12 months?

If we actually got new contents then I would think Smash NX is going to be Smash 4.5 in a term of additions and changes. Several new characters (like Inkling, Ice Climbers, Rhythm Heaven Representative, Wolf, and few more), some new stages, etc.

Maybe continue the smash ballot? They have all that data and are only using it for Bayo.
I imagine they can throw in all the stages into one game as well and hopefully fix Link

Exactly.. They already have a lot of datas from Smash Ballot so I'm pretty sure that they already planned to use Smash Ballot for Smash NX, hopefully.

I think MK9 is too soon. MK8 came out when? 2013 right? I think 2018 is more likely.

If Emily Rogers 4 Wii U ports to NX is true, I think its Zelda U, Smash, Pikmin 4, and maybe Splatoon. I feel like Pikmin is very likely at this point, because the third one didn't sell all that great on the Wii U. NX would be the perfect reason to boost sales.

That's exactly what I predicted for Mario Kart 9. I would guess early 2018?

The most likely character (imo) for Smash 4 NX would be the Ice Climbers. It'd be great to have a new (non FE) Nintendo character too I guess, I'd love for Zelda to have a new rep (Impa pls)

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Did the poster who provided the info in the OP/title get debunked? Or is the info in the OP/title still potentially valid?

The most likely character (imo) for Smash 4 NX would be the Ice Climbers. It'd be great to have a new (non FE) Nintendo character too I guess, I'd love for Zelda to have a new rep (Impa pls)

I'm expecting Ice Climbers because of the likely increased CPU and Inklings as a new character if Smash 4 will be the only NX Smash game. I agree that Impa would be awesome. SS/HW design, please!

I like Richie's suggestion of Wolf, too, since his omission is now glaring, in my opinion, and would be even more so if Ice Climbers make a return..

I wouldn't go that far, but he certainly has a very specific notion of what Smash Bros. is supposed to be and a new take would be interesting, so long as it didn't overly fiddle with the gameplay systems.

Yeah, I'm just of the opinion that if you build a game from the ground up as competitive, you can easily add "party/casual" elements and market it that way like it always has been, but then you have an amazing competitive foundation that can carry the game far into the future.

I don't know why devs are so against that mentality.

Did the poster who provided the info in the OP/title get debunked? Or is the info in the OP/title still potentially valid?

I'm expecting Ice Climbers because of the likely increased CPU and Inklings as a new character if Smash 4 will be the only NX Smash game. I agree that Impa would be awesome. SS/HW design, please!

I like Richie's suggestion of Wolf, too, since his omission is now glaring, in my opinion, and would be even more so if Ice Climbers make a return..
Skyward Sword Impa would be so amazing
zelda_skyward_sword_art-34.jpg
Honestly, Skyward Sword was robbed in Smash 4. So much potential for new characters (Ghirahim, Fi, Impa) and yet we got nothing :(

Neoxon

As far as new characters for an NX Platform remaster of Smash 4, that would depend on a few things.
  • Is Sakurai's "extended vacation" to be taken at face value?
  • If yes to the first question, would Sakurai come back in time to help make the characters?
  • If no to the first question, did Sakurai do enough work on the new characters before leaving for Bandai Namco to finish the job?
  • If no to the first & third questions, are there any characters that were close to being finished on the Wii U but were left out for various reasons (Ex: Ice Climbers, maybe the Chorus Kids, etc.)?
Because of these questions, I'm keeping my expectations low & am only expecting it to be Smash 4: Complete Edition (I.E. only the DLC characters & maybe the 3DS stages). Likewise, if we don't hear about at least Cloud's Amiibo in the near future, it's safe to assume that the Amiibos for him, Corrin, & Bayonetta will be saved for the launch of the NX Platform port of the game.

As for the other two remasters, my guesses are...
  • Super Mario Maker: Nintendo's been supporting this game like crazy, & it'd be weird for Nintendo to not bring it over (especially considering how recently this game came out).
  • (Super?) Pokkén Tournament: The Pokémon Company is pushing this game hard for eSports, so having a port of the game on the NX Platform with maybe some extra characters, stages, balance fixes, etc. would help keep the game alive for the long-term.
I'm not expecting Splatoon since, given that the game as we know it took a bit over a year to make (barring prototyping to get Splatoon as a concept to how we know it now). It's entirely possible that Nintendo could get a sequel out by 2017, & would be a better call than just putting out a remaster of the game & a sequel shortly after (since it would basically be Nintendo stealing their own money).

Mpl90

Honestly, Skyward Sword was robbed in Smash 4. So much potential for new characters (Ghirahim, Fi, Impa) and yet we got nothing :(

Ghirahim, Fi, Impa? But

*sniffs*

WHAT ABOUT BOOME-sorry, I always make this mistake, my bad.

*ahem*

WHAT ABOUT GROOSE?!?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nintendo Direct

February 22
April 21

February 14
April 17

February 13
Three game-specific directs

January 14
April 1

March 3

I guess we'll get a direct a the end of this month or beginning of next month.

Here is more detailed list.

Nintendo Direct 2011
Bimonthly Direct - Oct 21, 2011 (Friday)
Bimonthly Direct 2 - Dec 27, 2011 (Tuesday)

Nintendo Direct 2012
Bimonthly Direct - Feb 22, 2012 (Wednesday)
Bimonthly Direct 2 - April 21, 2012 (Saturday)
Pre-E3 Direct - June 3, 2012 (Sunday)
Bimonthly Direct 3 - June 21, 2012 (Thursday)
Bimonthly Direct 4 - Aug 29, 2012 (Wednesday)
Wii U Direct Preview - Sept 13, 2012 (Thursday)
Bimonthly Direct 5 - Oct 25, 2012 (Thursday)
Wii U Direct - Nov 7, 2012 (Wednesday)
Bimonthly Direct 6 - Dec 5, 2012 (Wendesday)

Nintendo Direct 2013
Pokemon Direct - Jan 8, 2013 (Tuesday)
Wii U Direct - Jan 23, 2013 (Wednesday)
Bimonthly Direct - Feb 14, 2013 (Thursday)
Bimonthly Direct 2 - April 17, 2013 (Wednesday)
Sega/Nintendo Direct - May 17, 2013 (Friday)
Bimonthly and E3 Direct - June 11, 2013 (Tuesday)
Developer Direct E3 - June 11, 2013 (Tuesday)
Pikmin 3 Direct - June 26, 2013 (Wednesday)
Bimonthly Direct 4 - Aug 7, 2013 (Wednesday)
The Wonderful 101 Direct - Aug 9, 2013 (Friday)
Pokemon Direct - Sept 4, 2013 (Wednesday)
Wii Fit U Direct - Sept 18, 2013 (Wednesday)
Bimonthly 5 - Oct 1, 2013 (Tuesday)
Bimonthly 6 - Dec 18, 2013 (Wednesday)

Nintendo Direct 2014
Bimonthly 1 - Feb 13, 2014 (Thursday) / JP: Feb 14, 2014 (Friday)
Smash Direct - April 8, 2014 (Tuesday)/ JP: April 9, 2014 (Wednesday)
Tomodachi Life Direct - April 10, 2014 (Thursday)
Mario Kart 8 Direct - April 30, 2014 (Wednesday)
Nintendo Digital Event - June 10, 2014 (Tuesday)
Nintendo 3DS Direct - July 11, 2014 (Friday)
Hyrule Warrior Direct - August 4, 2014 (Monday) / JP: August 5, 2014 (Tuesday)
Bayonetta 2 Direct - September 4, 2014 (Thursday)/ JP: September 5, 2014 (Friday)
Monster Hunter 4G - October 8, 2014 (Wednesday)
Super Smash Bros. Wii U Direct - October 23, 2014 (Thursday)/ JP: October 24, 2014 (Friday)
Nintendo Direct - November 5, 2014 (Wednesday)/ JP: November 6, 2014 (Thursday)

Nintendo Direct 2015
Nintendo Direct - January 14, 2015 (Wednesday)
Xenoblade X Direct - February 6, 2015 (Friday)
Nintendo Direct - April 1, 2015 (Wednesday)/ JP: April 2, 2015 (Thursday)
Xenoblade X Direct - April 24, 2015 (Friday)
Splatoon Direct - May 7, 2015 (Thursday)
Nintendo Direct - May 31, 2015 (Sunday)
Nintendo Direct Micro - June 1, 2015 (Monday)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - June 14, 2015 (Sunday)
Nintendo Digital Event @ E3 2015 - June 16, 2015 (Tuesday)

Neoxon

I'm assuming the one I got wrong was Xenoblade, SMM seems much more likely. Kind of a bummer, I would have really liked to see a remaster on XCX. I would guess the 4th game is Splatoon. Makes sense since it was a breakout hit.
You could be wrong for Splatoon, especially if Nintendo is fast-tracking a sequel (which would probably be better for the franchise in the long-run).

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

That art...

Honestly, I'd be down for the next Smash to drop Sheik and replace her with SS Impa. She's already a separate character now, so it wouldn't impact Zelda. We've seen Impa do more than Sheik ever did (which was disappear and play a harp that she doesn't even use in Smash...), and Impa has been in tons of games unlike Sheik. I think she might even be in more games than Ganondorf (not Ganon). I don't think Sheik and impa make sense to be in the same game (since Impa would probably be a Sheik clone, since Sheik was basically Zelda trying to be Impa, Jr.), but I think Impa could be a better Sheik with more personality. My only concern is that Sheik is important in the competitive scene.

As far as new characters for an NX Platform remaster of Smash 4, that would depend on a few things.
  • Is Sakurai's "extended vacation" to be taken at face value?

• I could have sworn I read on GAF that Sakurai's vacation is already over and finished at least a few weeks ago. I can't remember what revealed it...perhaps it was an interview, Famitsu column, or event?

Roo

Well, in case it is Mario Kart 8 I hope they include at least two more new cups and all the missing characters from previous games like King Boo, Dry Bones, Birdo, Diddy, etc.

Pokemaniac

I'm assuming the one I got wrong was Xenoblade, SMM seems much more likely. Kind of a bummer, I would have really liked to see a remaster on XCX. I would guess the 4th game is Splatoon. Makes sense since it was a breakout hit.

Eh, Splatoon is probably getting a sequel sooner rather than later. Would probably make more sense to port something like Pokken.

jonno394

That art...

Honestly, I'd be down for the next Smash to drop Sheik and replace her with SS Impa. She's already a separate character now. We've seen Impa do more than Sheik ever did (which was disappear and play a harp that she doesn't even use in Smash...), and Impa has been in tons of games unlike Sheik. I think she might even be in more games than Ganondorf (not Ganon).

I could have sworn I read on GAF that Sakurai's vacation is already over and finished at least a few weeks ago. I can't remember what revealed it...perhaps it was an interview, Famitsu column, or event?

Koei tecmo did a great job with her in Hyrule Warriors too. I'd be up for more Impa!

That art...

Honestly, I'd be down for the next Smash to drop Sheik and replace her with SS Impa. She's already a separate character now. We've seen Impa do more than Sheik ever did (which was disappear and play a harp that she doesn't even use in Smash...), and Impa has been in tons of games unlike Sheik. I think she might even be in more games than Ganondorf (not Ganon).
I think she could work even if Sheik is still in. There's tons of characters with swords in Smash 4 so a second fast-paced Ninja character could still work. Just give her some interesting stuff that separates her from Sheik (Like a side B command grab that works in the air or something) and it's all good.

edit: I missed "next Smash" lol

Neoxon

I could have sworn I read on GAF that Sakurai's vacation is already over and finished at least a few weeks ago. I can't remember what revealed it...perhaps it was an interview, Famitsu column, or event?
I don't think there was any confirmation that Sakurai ever came back from his vacation. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Bandai Namco did the 1.1.5 update on their own (since all Sakurai did was sign off on Bandai Namco's balance suggestions that they gathered from tournament results & whatnot).

I don't think there was any confirmation that he ever came back from his vacation. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Bandai Namco did the 1.1.5 update on their own (since all Sakurai did was sign off on Bandai Namco's balance suggestions that they gathered from tournament results & whatnot).
So.. Bandai Namco fixed Samus and buffed Zelda?? Based Bamco

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely, but that depends on if Sakurai ever came back or will come back from his vacation (& if so, when?).

I thought people speculated that the changes came after Sakurai attended some tournament in Japan because some of the specific techniques that were used in that tournament were nerfed. I would guess that meant he did something, unless he said to the team, "I'll be gone, but make sure people can't do what I saw anymore." (Once again, the details escape me, but I believe people were discussing the tournament in the patch thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom