• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed [WE DO IT!]

Linkyn

Finally I'll get to play this one. I really hope they won't change the game too much (other than visually, that is). With some luck, this'll do well enough for them to give Code Veronica and 3 the same treatment and eventually just release an HD classic RE collection.

Now this news I like, what a year this has been for a veteran gamer like me. When these games are all remade I'm going to have such chills playing them, reminding me of my best gaming period.

RavenH2

I hope there's a Remake bundle which includes REmake 1, REmake Zero, and REmake2. Great news, and will veeeery likely buy this on release

Mega

Banned
It's about time. I just bought a copy of RE2 for N64 and will be playing that soon.

Day one purchase on this remake for me if it's even half as good as REmake.

raven777

It sounds like they just got approval to actually develop the game. I feel it will take long time for this to come out. I hope it's good.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
YES

IM SO HAPPY

TnFaAh0.gif

Finally. A chance for RE2 to be 'up to date'. It's been the most dated entry for a while now. REmake style please. It HAS to play like traditional RE.

Steroyd

Nice, shameful to say I only got as far as the licker in the Gamecube re-release... Yes I know, that was at the very start lol.

Best news of the month, finally!!!

Let's hope development goes well and they stay true as possible to the original. It needs to stay survival horror.

So... Now that RE2make is a thing, should we all start begging for RE3make so we get that in 5 years? :)

It's happening? Holy shit. Never think I'd see the day.

But fuck, these past 5 years. Duke Nukem Forever happened. FF15 returned. FF7 Remake. Shenmue 3. Last Guardian coming back. Now this?

Bedlam

I'm still sceptical if this will really be a REmake-style remake of RE2.

For the first REmake HD, they were able to reuse the assets. Now they'd have to produce an entirely new game.

antitrop

Thanks, will be checking him out *cough*
He panders to his audience, so if you're not 10 years old, he probably won't do much for you.

It's extremely vulgar children's entertainment. Like a Barney the Dinosaur that plays video games and yells obscenities at them.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Great news. Even if, considering development just started, we'll see new infos next year as soonest. Still, this is indeed the year where miracles get announced.

I don't care how I sound like...Please, Capcom, NX too alongside the obvious PC/PS4/One. Please XD

Not too exciting. Maybe 10 years ago when Capcom hadn't lost their goddamn minds, but I have zero faith in them at this point. Hope they prove me wrong, but I won't believe otherwise until this thing is released.

Sakujou

Banned
sad to see capcom going on with this trend on remakes.

on the other hand, iam kind of interested how a 20 year old game looks remade with actual graphics.

i suppose it will feel like resident eveil 6.

a lot of batshit insane craziness, leon pulling bourne-style-stunts and whatnot to meet expectations of the present gamers who havent played the original.

#thisiswhatyouaskedfor

mattp

REmake-style??????

Oh god, please.

this is the question of all questions

are we getting REmake2 or are we getting a resident evil 2 remake that is "modern"
aka re4/5 style

they could do REmake quality backgrounds in real time, now, most likely. and still just lock the camera in fixed angles
then maybe have an unlockable mode after you beat it that gives you free look, to check out the environments from different angles

..i'm already setting myself up for disappointment

Coxy

Thought they'd wait til TGS to announce this but woo, the best RE game, hopefully it's as good a remake as the first game got

and no, please no RE6 garbage QTE fest thanks

Then wait for RE7 instead of hoping for a crippled RE6 mod with a RE2 skin.

Hmm I don't know, after resident evil 6 I don't think there is reason to be excited for 7, not a fan of the game being pure action, more of a fan of the evil Within resident evil style of play.

I want to be so happy but for the time being I'm going to be so, SO scared.

This is my ''FF7R/Shenmue 3/Last Guardian''. Do_not_fuck_this_up. Just use the excellent REmake as your base.

on the other hand, iam kind of interested how a 20 year old game looks remade with actual graphics.

a lot of batshit insane craziness, leon pulling bourne-style-stunts and whatnot to meet expectations of the present gamers who havent played the original.

#thisiswhatyouaskedfor

You can blame Capcom for many things, but not this once.
RE fans were begging for this for so many years.

Gurish

So we had this year:

TLG
SHENMUE
FF7 R
RE2 R

If anyone would say all of this would happen in 2015 we would probably lock him up.

Only one title is missing now...

sugarless

He panders to his audience, so if you're not 10 years old, he probably won't do much for you.

It's extremely vulgar children's entertainment. Like a Barney the Dinosaur that plays video games and yells obscenities at them.

Ah, pity. He's pretty hawt...

G-Fex

#thisiswhatyouaskedfor

It would be great and funny if it was , just to see the reactions.

Top Bottom