• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Lime

the writing is already sooo good:

screenshot_2015-02-251kuqk.png

FLAguy954

I just have to say that I am really into Raid mode. I also learned how to properly melee (you have to run up to the enemy when they're stunned and then press the trigger). I'm just racking up the medallions mane :).

So the 3 goals in Raid Mode for the most part the same as in RER1. The only difference is instead of No Damage it's No Herb Use which is a LOT nicer. It was a huge pain trying to get all 3 goals in RER1 when all it took to screw it up was one hit from an enemy.

K.Sabot

So OBS and this game do not mix AT ALL.

Which makes me think this game uses an abnormally large amount of CPU.

Gina is the best Raid mode character because Taunt stagger canceled into roundhouse kick.

Dr Dogg

I just have to say that I am really into Raid mode. I also learned how to properly melee (you have to run up to the enemy when they're stunned and then press the trigger). I'm just racking up the medallions mane :).

Wesker is a boss with his melee moves. If you can line up a stunned enemy you can launch them into another which will down them and you can then perform a ground melee. Plus he already comes with a skill that boost melee damage.

EagleEyes

Man, I just realized that I had invert functionality turned on and thats why I was aiming and shooting with the blocker buttons instead of the triggers....smh at myself lol.

Wesker is a boss with his melee moves. If you can line up a stunned enemy you can launch them into another which will down them and you can then perform a ground melee. Plus he already comes with a skill that boost melee damage.

Maybe I should go ahead and buy Wesker. I've already got about 10 hours of playtime out of this just from episode 1 and the Raid Mode. How much is he?

Corpsepyre

Banned
This isn't running that great for me. Huge fps drops, stutters and what not. Goes from 120 fps to 30 and stays there for a bit, then goes up to 40-50, then back to 120, back down, repeat. Lowered textures and HDR to low, and it's still happening. What's going on?

Hugstable

Banned
Never played Raid mode in Revelations 1, but this is so much damn fun so far. I'm loving the bit of RPG elements infused into it also. Looks like there are a ton of missions too for this, if all 4 episodes release this amount content this package is so worth it.

finley83

Banned
This isn't running that great for me. Huge fps drops, stutters and what not. Goes from 120 fps to 30 and stays there for a bit, then goes up to 40-50, then back to 120, back down, repeat. Lowered textures and HDR to low, and it's still happening. What's going on?

It's a badly optimised port. Lots of people having the same issues. Hope a patch is on the way soon.

Lime

Never played Raid mode in Revelations 1, but this is so much damn fun so far. I'm loving the bit of RPG elements infused into it also. Looks like there are a ton of missions too for this, if all 4 episodes release this amount content this package is so worth it.

Yeah same for me. Huge FPS drops.

Kuraudo

Banned
The TerraSave commercial is amazing.

And I mean it 100%. It's clearly cheesy on purpose. The best kind of cheese.

Yeah, the writing in this game is so good. Absolutely no pretensions. It knows it's unbelievably silly and revels in it. Reminds me of Dead Rising in that way.

Sylver

Banned
You cant find it in your console? I just checked like an hour ago and the season pass was there, im From Portugal.

Yeah but it looks like store is confusing Season Pass and Complete Season refering to all chapters. I mean according with the store I own season pass but all DLCs (Moira, Barry, Natalia & Claire costumes and all guns are still to be purchased).
Aren't these items included on Season Pass?

Dr Dogg

Maybe I should go ahead and buy Wesker. I've already got about 10 hours of playtime out of this just from episode 1 and the Raid Mode. How much is he?

Ohhh I don't know as I bought the complete pack. I think Hunk and Wesker are about £2 each on Steam? Might be the same on PSN/XBL and accounting for regional curency differences.

News Bot

Banned
Yeah, the writing in this game is so good. Absolutely no pretensions. It knows it's unbelievably silly and revels in it. Reminds me of Dead Rising in that way.

You give the English "writers" far too much credit. They are just literally that bad, they aren't playing it up.

Lime

I would probably warn PC people from buying this game until they've patched out the horrible performance. I'm sitting with a i7 4790k + R9 290 and I get crazy fps drops.

Plus the mouse cursor in cutscenes is pretty lol

Jingo

Yeah but it looks like store is confusing Season Pass and Complete Season refering to all chapters. I mean according with the store I own season pass but all DLCs (Moira, Barry, Natalia & Claire costumes and all guns are still to be purchased).
Aren't these items included on Season Pass?

Dont know about that, i supose the season pass is only for chapters and extra chapters.

Played about 20 minutes and loved every second, atmosphere is fantastic, the best in a RE in ages.
I love how agressive enemies are.
PC version seems horribly optimized though (edit: I see it's a common complaint, I'm trying to mess with the settings but it isn't helping). I'm also seeing the mouse cursor on screen during cutscenes.

dan2026

As the PS4 version runs at an awful framerate it seems Capcom has made my decision for me on whether to get this one.
I was sort of on the fence, but not anymore.

I just noticed that the DF article says the PC version is "buttery smooth. Our i5/GTX 780 test system had absolutely no issues maintaining a rock-solid 60fps throughout, even at higher resolutions."
WTF?

News Bot

Banned
I just noticed that the DF article says the PC version is "buttery smooth. Our i5/GTX 780 test system had absolutely no issues maintaining a rock-solid 60fps throughout, even at higher resolutions."
WTF?

Mine had no trouble either. It wasn't until Raid Mode that it started going all fucky.

WTF?

I'm getting 60 fps with no dips on a 660ti. Maybe this is an AMD problem?

Lucent

I played through the campaign in under 2 hours. I hope it gets better because there wasn't much in there. Only the end surprised me.

And does Raid mode get more challenging?

Kssio_Aug

Am playing the campaing in the normal difficulty. Just got a gar to activate a door, to exit a place. However... I'm basically out of ammo. I just have 2 pistol rounds... nothing else. lol

Is there some hint to obtain ammo, or to save them?

So I'm debating full season or just buying the first episode for now. My understanding is that there ultimately isn't a difference in content (besides a dollar extra cost) if I buy episode 1 than the season pass versus the entire season thing, is that right?

Nemesis_

It's a slight annoyance but did anyone else notice for a lot of the rooms you enter, the screen goes black for a short second or two and then proceeds. Why do you think they didn't just do the door opening transition seemlessly? Some areas even feature that but others don't.

I was wondering this too and I think it's because the game isn't designed to have your partner character lingering too far behind. When it fades you'll notice your partner character zaps to wherever you are and moves through the door with you

Astral Dog

This is what Revelations , RE 6and RE 5 lacked, ( at parts)although there was a concern that the translators make the dialogue much more intentional stupid, always. Like on Leon on Damnation, where every. single. one. of his lines are his trademarked cheesy one liners.
Its such a mess with RE, hit or miss.

Neff

You give the English "writers" far too much credit. They are just literally that bad, they aren't playing it up.

I think there's a difference. The English translators and actors of classic RE were bad because they were bad, and because Capcom of Japan really didn't care what it sounded like. And as a result, the ensuing dialogue was unintentionally funny, and genuinely endearing.

With modern RE though, the writers are actually trying, particularly in the Revelations titles. They're letting you in on the joke, and it's all a bit awkward, because like you say, they're really not that talented.

Top Bottom