• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Seyavesh

Interesting areas to explore? What game are you playing?

It's just a bunch of featureless hallways and generic looking forest areas. The places you visited in RE5 and 6 were so much more interesting and varied.

i don't mean interesting in terms of visual design (that's whatever, it's a super low budget game so i don't expect much in this department honestly), i mean in regards to how the progression through the level isn't simply done by running and gunning through a set of areas- you're encouraged to explore to figure out what to do, even if it's as basic as the old RE -style "get thing to get thing to open thing"

even jill's chapters in rev1 were effectively still going in a straight line to progress, not like claire's section in this.

i have to ask, though: where did you even get "interesting areas to explore" from? i wrote: " interesting encounter potentials in the raid mode enemies" which is a wildly different thing

Aaaaand the game froze during Raid mode.

what!?

it's been doing that for me too. i'm just gonna assume it's some server mess which is really lame

so what the hell does it take to get the medallions in a raid mode level?

Beat at or under the recommended level, don't use any healing items, and defeat all enemies before clearing the stage. Then you'll get a medallion for doing all the above.

edit: I think I'm forgetting one maybe.

ChuckNyce

so what the hell does it take to get the medallions in a raid mode level?

Beat at or under the recommended level, don't use any healing items, and defeat all enemies before clearing the stage. Then you'll get a medallion for doing all the above.

edit: I think I'm forgetting one maybe.

Yea I want to say there's 5 total medals you can get per mission. Just can't remember the other two.

Kssio_Aug

I think the campaign has only splitscreen co op for PS4 and Xbone

Raid mode has online co op and splitscreen co op for PS4 and Xbone

I don't know anything about the PC version. Sorry.

I think Raid mode still has no online co-op for any platform. It seems it will be added soon though.

The split-screen co-op however, does already exist, but I bet it is only for XB1 and PS4.

Yea I want to say there's 5 total medals you can get per mission. Just can't remember the other two.

I think one is for finishing the mission, one is for clearing all enemies, one is for not using any healing items, one is for playing the mission at or under the recommended level, and the final one is for doing all the above in one go. I can confirm that you can't cherry pick which medallions to go for each time; you have to get all of them in one play before the final one, the one you get for getting the others, will unlock.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Read the op but didn't see it mentioned or shown. What does the retail exclusive weaker look like, and what maps are included in the raid throwback pack?

Here's a Steam screenshot I took of Wesker:

234466048E81BDB419ACF8E482AA46D6467DB4E0

The four levels in the Throwback Pack are the main hall (and some surrounding areas) from Resident Evil Revelations, and from Resident Evil 6 you have the dining hall area from Leon's Chapter 1, the Mine sequence from Leon Chapter 2, and the Mercenaries stage taking place in the streets where the giants attack you.

Manu

I have downloaded Hunk. But how I can I play with it?

You need to download the compatibility pack first.

I just used him for the first time, having four weapons at once is broken as hell. I equipped two magnums and destroyed a lvl 5 mission at lvl 1.

Kssio_Aug

You need to download the compatibility pack first.

I just used him for the first time, having four weapons at once is broken as hell. I equipped two magnums and destroyed a lvl 5 mission at lvl 1.

So each character has its own advantages? Even these available in DLC?

Cant wait to play it when I get home. Ive read the Eurogamer review and this one seems really fun to play!

desverger

Goddamnit, I feel like I've been scammed for prepurchasing this game.

The sole reason I bought this game because I assumed it would have local co-op on the PC. Even the store page on steam seemed to have claimed this.

As it turns out on the release day, Capcom make some vague excuse and, surprise, the PC version does not actually have any sort of co-op!

Hopefully they will be able to patch it on later, but I'm definitely left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Kssio_Aug

The sole reason I bought this game because I assumed it would have local co-op on the PC. Even the store page on steam seemed to have claimed this.

As it turns out on the release day, Capcom make some vague excuse and, surprise, the PC version does not actually have any sort of co-op!

Hopefully they will be able to patch it on later, but I'm definitely left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Online co-op seems to be confirmed, by what people are saying here. However it will take a little longer.

Im not sure about the split-sceen for PC, but I would be actually surprised if it had that option.

Dusk Golem

UNLOCKABLE SPOILERS, found something when digging through files in the game, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...

Unlockable Spoilers, no Story spoilers:
It seems that RE2 Claire and S.T.A.R.S. Barry are costumes in the game, guessing you get them if you beat all four episodes. Moira also has a costume. Two of the upcoming Raid Mode characters are RE6 Chris and RE6 Leon.

UNLOCKABLE SPOILERS, found something when digging through files in the game, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...

It seems that RE2 Claire and S.T.A.R.S. Barry are costumes in the game, guessing you get them if you beat all four episodes. Moira also has a costume. Two of the upcoming Raid Mode characters are RE6 Chris and RE6 Leon.

HOW ABOUT

Jill costume? :(

Would have preferred
RE4 Leon and RE5 Chris but I'll take what I can get.
wonder if there will be more, should be a character a episode but that's only 2.

Airgetlam

Just tried share play with a friend last night for both the story and raid. It seems to work fine but he got disconnected a couple times. I'm thinking it's because his internet is terrible (6 Mbps ).

Beth Cyra

Interesting. Really great they are looking at pleasing everyone though.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask because I'm sure it's been covered, but does the Revelations series the more tanky early Resident Evil game play? If so I don't think the series would be for me.

Dr Dogg

Ohhhhhh so that's why the shadows look awful, the settings are flipped.
Low said:
High said:

Standard sits somewhere in between. Now you might think the soft edges on the second shot look ok but in motion you can see the shadow maps are really low resolution. Where as the 'Low' setting are much, much more stable.

Anyone actually able to upload data after a raid mission on pc? Always gets stuck on uploading for me and I have to force close the game.

I can't even play Raid mode at the moment. Crashes every time when I go to deploy regardless of character, loadout, combination of settings and overlays. Then again judging by the vitriol on the Steam Hub I'm not alone.

Locust

Same thing for me.. Is everyone getting this? Maybe there's a way to play offline?
Yeah, I ended up just blocking it with firewall since there's no setting to disable auto upload. Seems to work fine.

I had the crashing problem earlier too, not sure if it was caused by my second monitor or something else.

Dusk Golem

My stance on Revelations 2 is that it neither plays like modern or older RE games, but it has some elements of both of them in there. It plays and comes together a bit differently than other RE games, at least in my opinion. I need to pinpoint on why I feel that way exactly, though, and it's not a bad thing in my mind.

I must have problems noticing frame drops, because I didn't notice any major ones when playing it on PS4. Anyone else on the same boat?

AdaWong

Would have preferred
RE4 Leon and RE5 Chris but I'll take what I can get.
wonder if there will be more, should be a character a episode but that's only 2.

I think we can officially say that:
the familiar faces are Jill, Leon, and Chris. The 15th character is probably going to end up a playable monster.

DirtyLarry

Have not been following all that much on this game but I am always interested in RE titles.

So my biggest question since I do not know much is does this have a "campaign" mode? Like with a story, etc.
Or is it just a bunch of stages that you have to clear?
Or is it both and that is what this RAID mode is? The latter?

TIA to anyone that can answer. I am on the fence.

My problems with the PC version so far:

- Big framerate drops
- Mouse cursor always on screen during cutscenes
- Each time I try to start a mission in Raid mode the game crashes to the desktop

Fix this Capcom.

Jawmuncher

Ahhh yes. Hope it's the versions I want.

If they don't patch it we might get lucky with modding. Sectus is currently seeing what he can do and has made great progress.

So ehm, how DO you play Raid mode in splitscreen co-op? Played through the campaign in splitscreen just fine, but Raid mode doesn't give the option?

I've seen video's of splitscreen Raid mode so it must be there somewhere. What am I missing. PS4-version here.

A kinda jank budget Last of Us with a little bit of Evil Within
I'd play a janky budget TLOU episodic title like this. Would be sweet.

So ehm, how DO you play Raid mode in splitscreen co-op? Played through the campaign in splitscreen just fine, but Raid mode doesn't give the option?

I've seen video's of splitscreen Raid mode so it must be there somewhere. What am I missing. PS4-version here.
I saw the splitscreen option when I pushed start before starting a mission.

Audette

Okay so my Steam copy of the game boots up with the Biohazard Revelations 2, complete with the Japanese warnings at the beginning of the game. does anybody else have it this way? Should I report this somewhere?
the rest of it is in English, voices and menus etc..

Elija2

Okay so my Steam copy of the game boots up with the Biohazard Revelations 2, complete with the Japanese warnings at the beginning of the game. does anybody else have it this way? Should I report this somewhere?
the rest of it is in English, voices and menus etc..

It happens to me too and I have no idea why.

My dream came true rather quickly, nice.

Neiteio

I think it's kind of off putting to be honest. Sure, the series has always had bad writing, but there's a difference between corny dialogue and immature dialogue. Resident Evil, despite being very violent and gory, never used to have characters that ran around frequently spewing curse words. Cursing doesn't bother me whatsoever as I'm very guilty of it, but I think that a series should maintain its tone and form. You'd hear words like hell or damn, stuff like that, but Moira is just an absolute clown.

I enjoyed Revelations 1 and this one so far, but they really have produced the most obnoxious and immature protagonists the series has seen yet.
Haven't tried this yet, but isn't Moira a punk teenager?

Dusk Golem

Someone else seems to have found what I found too and went a step further. WARNING, UNLOCKABLE SPOILERS IN THESE FOLLOWING LINKS.

Someone tried model swapping with the above mentioned characters with what's already in the game.

http://abload.de/img/2015-02-25_00004btsgk.jpg
http://abload.de/img/2015-02-25_00008t3u6o.jpg
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535138274043370274/2B03D5683B7419439FB3F8A0CD9DC44228F5AB6C/
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535138274043371496/339229D6581F6C686637377312CA0C4CAB18C690/

Atrarock

Do you really have to buy Wesker and Hunk in order to get them? They aren't just on the shop just to get them quickly? Is it really the only way to get them?

Someone else seems to have found what I found too and went a step further. WARNING, UNLOCKABLE SPOILERS IN THESE FOLLOWING LINKS.

Someone tried model swapping with the above mentioned characters with what's already in the game.

http://abload.de/img/2015-02-25_00004btsgk.jpg
http://abload.de/img/2015-02-25_00008t3u6o.jpg
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535138274043370274/2B03D5683B7419439FB3F8A0CD9DC44228F5AB6C/
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/535138274043371496/339229D6581F6C686637377312CA0C4CAB18C690/

Fuck. Man.

ironcreed

Banned
This game plays like straight butter on the Xbox One and it controls so much better than the first Revelations. It also looks better than I was expecting for a $25 game. Enjoying it right off the bat.

Top Bottom