• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

SkylineRKR

Regarding the huge spoilers,

It makes sense if you consider the notes from Lost in Nightmares, a lot of fans expected this to be the island. I'm glad its not a random plot like Rev 1.

Leaked unlockable concept art has me rather happy... (story spoilers)

Alex Wesker is the Overseer. Also looks like the G-Virus is back, explaining the purple vial. I wonder if they'll revisit G's purpose to create evolved humans.

Nice. Glad to see that loose end being followed up on.

Regarding the huge spoilers,

It makes sense if you consider the notes from Lost in Nightmares, a lot of fans expected this to be the island. I'm glad its not a random plot like Rev 1.

I'm a little rusty on
Lost in Nightmares stuff, what did it mention about the island?

Nemesis_

I know it's really annoying that News Bot didn't tag his major fucking spoiler like that but I will possibly console people and mention that the reveal of that detail occurs at the following point
end of chapter 2

But It's a cool reveal:(

Manu

I know it's really annoying that News Bot didn't tag his major fucking spoiler like that but I will possibly console people and mention that the reveal of that detail occurs at the following point
end of chapter 2

But It's a cool reveal:(

That makes it slightly better. Slightly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was trying to avoid that spoiler detail in the topic, but yai. XD

However, if any of you want to go the whole mile, you can see the texture of the spoiler concept art here, warning, BIG SPOILERS IN THIS LINK, SERIOUSLY DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ENTIRELY SPOILED ON THE GAME: http://s9.postimg.org/j3ndgclwv/SPOILSPORT.jpg

The game's files are very telling, for better or worse. I'm thinking we should make a spoiler thread.

Grisby

I hope raid mode is working tonight. So bummed I didn't get to play any last night.
One of Raid Mode's new features is the ability to kill your enemies by striking poses.

♪ Domo arigato Mr. Roboto! ♪
Game changer
Gina Foley

and her sister Racheal Foley

They reused the same model for Racheal but gave her a haircut, and just like her sister she's killed in the intro.
The Carmine sisters of RE.

Bashtee

I have to admit, I didn't expect Revelations 2 to be so good, even though it shows that it's a small budget project. Raid mode is interesting and I expected the coop to be worse. Share Play works great, too. If the following episodes are similar to the first one, the game is better than RE5 and 6.

News Bot

Banned

However, if any of you want to go the whole mile, you can see the texture of the spoiler concept art here, warning, BIG SPOILERS IN THIS LINK, SERIOUSLY DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ENTIRELY SPOILED ON THE GAME: http://s9.postimg.org/j3ndgclwv/SPOILSPORT.jpg

The game's files are very telling, for better or worse. I'm thinking we should make a spoiler thread.

I really really love
Alex's
design.
Human and monster.

I thought "story spoilers" was enough but apparently people have a personal ranking system, lol.

Fury451

Banned
So there are actual Revelations in this one? The title isn't just a throwaway "R" word for once? ;)

Good game, enjoyed the first episode immensely, really looking forward to the rest now.

Good to see Claire and Barry back in starring roles too.

What are the differences between these two packages:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-revelations-2-complete-season/

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/resident-evil-revelations-2/

All I can see is that the more expensive version comes with extra costumes, which I don't care about. All I want is the complete game, am I good to just get the cheaper one?
go with the cheaper one if you don't care for some skins.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am rather surprise this loose point isn't tie up in the main game. Then again many people have made this speculation already.

On the other hand, i am glad they didnt left it dangling like the many unresolved questions in the past (eg steve burnside). It also helps to establish even further that the Revelations series are more than side stories

Maybe they should make another Revelations involving Claire, Steve Burnside, Billy Coen and Rebecca

Nemesis_

I really really love
Alex's
design.
Human and monster.

I thought "story spoilers" was enough but apparently people have a personal ranking system, lol.

Please, I'm not annoyed since I have all the episodes but that's a pretty major thing and you didn't really highlight that with a simple "story spoilers"

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I have to admit, I didn't expect Revelations 2 to be so good, even though it shows that it's a small budget project. Raid mode is interesting and I expected the coop to be worse. Share Play works great, too. If the following episodes are similar to the first one, the game is better than RE5 and 6.
I'm curious if you could expand on why you think the game might be better than RE5 and 6.

I just revisited those games today for a bit and it's immediately apparent where Revelations 2 falls flat - level design. The actual maps in those games are much more complex and interesting to fight through. Revelations 2 takes place almost entirely on flat ground without any of the traversal that was introduced in RE4 and continued forward. The combat is just flat out boring in comparison as is the level design.

I don't think Revelations 2 is bad but it feels very basic and not in an interesting way.

News Bot

Banned
Please, I'm not annoyed since I have all the episodes but that's a pretty major thing and you didn't really highlight that with a simple "story spoilers"

Spoilers are spoilers, really. You're taking a chance looking at them regardless.

I am rather surprise this loose point isn't tie up in the main game. Then again many people have made this speculation already.

On the other hand, i am glad they didnt left it dangling like the many unresolved questions in the past (eg steve burnside). It also helps to establish even further that the Revelations series are more than side stories

Maybe they should make another Revelations involving Claire, Steve Burnside, Billy Coen and Rebecca

Steve was never dangling, he was always dead. Wesker's comment about probably bringing him back is not meant to be taken at face value. It's a rather cruel joke only people interested in the mythology would really get, as what he's suggesting is that he'd revive Steve using the G-Virus... which merely produces a Zombie. There's no method to actually revive the dead in the series, even Wesker never truly died.

Nemesis_

For anyone who cares, Countdown Mode appears to just be Time Attack mode. Think like the original RE3 version of Mercenaries.

SkylineRKR

I hated RE5 but I think it had the best shooting mechanics and melee systems out of all RE games. RE6 had more moves, but hits lacked impact and animations were worse. RE5 Mercs is therefore my fave bonus mode in the franchise, and the sole reason I kept the game (and racked up hours of gameplay).

Rev 2 has bad animations and shooting mechanics in comparison to RE4 - 6 and even REmake. But I loved Episode 1 regardless. And Raid is good fun. Perhaps its the extremely low price that makes me more tolerable towards it all...

Manu

Does anyone know if adding parts to a gun in Raid Mode makes it heavier or something?

I added five parts to my handgun and now I can't aim for shit.

Does anyone know if adding parts to a gun in Raid Mode makes it heavier or something?

I added five parts to my handgun and now I can't aim for shit.

Dude I don't think so, but I am using certain characters like Gina and I can't get headshots as easy as I do with Barry

Jawmuncher

If you guys want to see the villain just google for it within last 24 hours. If you read newsbot post you'll know who to search for

So during Barry's episode, I got to the double decker prison cells and I pressed the button to open all the doors, but before going through the door at the end with the hole in it for the girl to crawl through, I decided to check the downstairs door that leads to the radio tower.

Big mistake of course since it locks behind you and I couldn't get back in. Does anyone know what I missed back in the prison?

Edit: Also, what the hell are those bugs and how do you find them? I haven't seen one...

anyone have any info on this?

-Cwalat-

Man I know everyone hates the movies but the second I encountered a certain enemy in raid mode this immediately started playing in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKchdWyUPI :)55)

Loved the first one. Probably my favorite videogame movie adaption of all time.

Scene where the licker eats the dude at the end and he turns, the actor has the best classic RE zombie impression, even beating some of the later games.

Amazing ending scene as well. I remember being so hyped for RE: Apocalypse. Too bad that movie sucked zombie balls.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Spoilers are spoilers, really. You're taking a chance looking at them regardless.

Steve was never dangling, he was always dead. Wesker's comment about probably bringing him back is not meant to be taken at face value. It's a rather cruel joke only people interested in the mythology would really get, as what he's suggesting is that he'd revive Steve using the G-Virus... which merely produces a Zombie. There's no method to actually revive the dead in the series, even Wesker never truly died.

I know. If there is a way to revive the dead, it will cause a lot of problem to the story.

I was more of thinking more like fighting mutated Steve again, who have maybe been kept in those cryotube for years by wesker in his lab. Maybe some villian went to salvage wesker resources in wesker personal lab and you can come across other stuffs too like that multimonitors room, hcf, his relationship with ada, bow and rival companies which could lay thr foundation for future games etc.

Kssio_Aug

I just started the 2nd chapter in Episode 1, and noticed the abilities upgrades before starting it.

The game has New Game Plus? Wich are the best upgrades to acquire?

Jackpot

Banned

Darkside Chronicles ties up Steve's end. His corpse (and the T-Veronica sample subsequently extracted from it) are the trigger for the outbreak in the new location. That's why you play CVX as a flashback.

Nemesis_

I just started the 2nd chapter in Episode 1, and noticed the abilities upgrades before starting it.

The game has New Game Plus? Wich are the best upgrades to acquire?

I'd definitely go for anything to do with buffing your Evade and melee attacks. Similarly to the one that lets Claire / Barry attack when you're not controlling them.

So then we have all the Raid Mode characters revealed

1. Claire
2. Moira
3. Barry
4. Wesker
5. Hunk
6. Jill
7. Gina Foley
8. Pedro Fernandez
9. Neil Fisher
10. Gabriel Chavez
11. Chris
12. Leon
13. Alex Wesker
14. Dechipher
15. Natalia

Dusk Golem

So then we have all the Raid Mode characters revealed

1. Claire
2. Moira
3. Barry
4. Wesker
5. Hunk
6. Jill
7. Gina Foley
8. Pedro Fernandez
9. Neil Fisher
10. Gabriel Chavez
11. Chris
12. Leon
13. Alex Wesker
14. Dechipher
15. Natalia

I think the last one is someone else based on my own digging.

It may be the bloodied dead corpse of Gina Foley. I'm not joking. It might be an alt costume for Gina later, but that corpse of hers has a character icon for Raid Mode. Has Natalia been confirmed by someone else?

People weren't kidding about the Alan Wake in Barry's parts.
Love the references to the older games, the
sandwich
joke really got me lol.
Man, I'm seriously loving this and looking forward to the next episodes.

Lucent

I couldn't resist. Holy crap that's disgusting. Lol. I think watching that
transformation
is gonna be really cool if pulled off right. I just wonder how and why
she has all those tubes and machine parts connected to her

Not gonna look at any more spoilers though. Just hope the next few chapters are better.

Kssio_Aug

I'd definitely go for anything to do with buffing your Evade and melee attacks. Similarly to the one that lets Claire / Barry attack when you're not controlling them.

I've got the one that let Claire and Barry attack as AI and some weapon upgrades. But at this chapter I just realized the power of stealth and melee! Lol

Dusk Golem

Raid Mode's Throwback Stage pack includes an enemy from later in the game, you encounter only one in the last stage in the Throwback Pack, decided to make a quick video of it as I find it's inclusion interesting, though obviously spoiling an enemy not yet in the campaign.

(warning, I am talking over this as I was streaming Raid Mode for a while when this happened)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhRs-pq8LB8

I think the last one is someone else based on my own digging.

It may be a bloodied dead corpse of Gina Foley. I'm not joking. It might be an alt costume for Gina later, but that corpse of hers has a character icon for Raid Mode. Has Natalia been confirmed by someone else?

Someone found this:

uPl2490 - naked natalia. head included on body model
uPl2490Head - ?

So I assume she would be some sort of boss or whatever.
But I don't know. Yours sounds better.

Raid Mode's Throwback Stage pack includes an enemy from later in the game, you encounter only one in the last stage in the Throwback Pack, decided to make a quick video of it as I find it's inclusion interesting, though obviously spoiling an enemy not yet in the campaign.

(warning, I am talking over this as I was streaming Raid Mode for a while when this happened)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhRs-pq8LB8

How do you access the throwback pack?

joe2187

Banned
Someone found this:

uPl2490 - naked natalia. head included on body model
uPl2490Head - ?

So I assume she would be some sort of boss or whatever.
But I don't know. Yours sounds better.

Probably an adult mutated version, when you find Natalia, her bracelet is already in the red so her mutation was probably dormant.

Top Bottom