• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Probably an adult mutated version, when you find Natalia, her bracelet is already in the red so her mutation was probably dormant.

Yep, that's my theory as well so I thought maybe she would be in Raid Mode. But it doesn't matter to me. Don't really care for these characters. Wish there were more from older games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Someone found this:

uPl2490 - naked natalia. head included on body model
uPl2490Head - ?

So I assume she would be some sort of boss or whatever.
But I don't know. Yours sounds better.

I had heard about that. However, where my stuff comes from is that there's a list of Raid Mode icons, they're the textures used for Raid Mode characters when selecting your character, include characters and icons. Some of them are things not revealed yet. Going by that,
There's a second Gina character, which is a bloody pale Gina.

How do you access the throwback pack?

If it's downloaded, go to the bottom of the mission select. It's Gaunlet XI (11).

Shauni

I am rather surprise this loose point isn't tie up in the main game. Then again many people have made this speculation already.

On the other hand, i am glad they didnt left it dangling like the many unresolved questions in the past (eg steve burnside). It also helps to establish even further that the Revelations series are more than side stories

Maybe they should make another Revelations involving Claire, Steve Burnside, Billy Coen and Rebecca

You'd have to replace Steve with Carlos. Don't think we've heard a peep about that dude since RE3.

I had heard about that. However, where my stuff comes from is that there's a list of Raid Mode icons, they're the textures used for Raid Mode characters when selecting your character, include characters and icons. Some of them are things not revealed yet. Going by that,
There's a second Gina character, which is a bloody pale Gina.

Like Ooze Rachael. You'll have
Inflicted Gina
or whatever. Me gusta.

Astral Dog

Darkside Chronicles ties up Steve's end. His corpse (and the T-Veronica sample subsequently extracted from it) are the trigger for the outbreak in the new location. That's why you play CVX as a flashback.
Yes, while Darkside Chronicles canoness can be questioned, they addressed the issue in a way that makes sense,
yes, Steve is dead

I was trying to avoid that spoiler detail in the topic, but yai. XD

However, if any of you want to go the whole mile, you can see the texture of the spoiler concept art here, warning, BIG SPOILERS IN THIS LINK, SERIOUSLY DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ENTIRELY SPOILED ON THE GAME: http://s9.postimg.org/j3ndgclwv/SPOILSPORT.jpg

The game's files are very telling, for better or worse. I'm thinking we should make a spoiler thread.

OH my god
Female Wesker!? i knew something was up when i read yesterday that the Overseer knew Wesker, but i never imagined it could be her, she only lacks the glasses.

Z3M0G

People talking about surprising spoilers has me excited... makes the game feel more worth investing into. (I already own it)

Cubed

If that leaked concept art is true, then I'm pretty happy with the reveal, but I still have a problem with the lack of a consistent series villian since Albert Wesker.

AdaWong

I'm curious if you could expand on why you think the game might be better than RE5 and 6.

I just revisited those games today for a bit and it's immediately apparent where Revelations 2 falls flat - level design. The actual maps in those games are much more complex and interesting to fight through. Revelations 2 takes place almost entirely on flat ground without any of the traversal that was introduced in RE4 and continued forward. The combat is just flat out boring in comparison as is the level design.

I don't think Revelations 2 is bad but it feels very basic and not in an interesting way.

My biggest problem with Revelations 2 is how extremely linear it is..

How do you access the throwback pack?

I'd also like to know this.
Can't find it anywhere : ( How or where do you choose those maps ?

I have this and compatibility pack installed.

Are they supposed to be here:

B-yHqlXXAAAwiyA.jpg:large
?

Neiteio

Am I correct in noting that Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" appears to be a motif in RER2? I watched 20 minutes of footage the other day, and noticed Moira uncovering "Kafka symbols," and Barry hacking away at oversized insects. I also recall concept art showing human-insect hybrids, which would be in keeping with "The Metamorphosis."

If so, I think that's really fun. I loved how RER1 used Dante's Inferno as a motif. It's not used in the most meaningful way, but it makes the premise of each game feel a tad more layered than your usual RE outing.

Lagamorph

Stuck at the part after
you insert the cog and are waiting for Moira to crowbar open the door
The dev team must have been higher than anybody in the history of drugs to think that was a good idea.

Carbonox

Observations regarding that major story spoiler:

I'm glad they're bringing up the Alex Wesker plot thread again but throwing her in to this game and already having her become a monster that is inevitably killed off? Seems a bit of a waste? I was hoping Alex would be a major player in the future. Not cannon fodder.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the role. Disappointing if I'm reading correctly.

Stuck at the part after
you insert the cog and are waiting for Moira to crowbar open the door
The dev team must have been higher than anybody in the history of drugs to think that was a good idea.

You're doing it wrong.

Dispatch the enemies first using the flamethrower and then open the door.

Dusk Golem

Am I correct in noting that Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" appears to be a motif in RER2? I watched 20 minutes of footage the other day, and noticed Moira uncovering "Kafka symbols," and Barry hacking away at oversized insects. I also recall concept art showing human-insect hybrids, which would be in keeping with "The Metamorphosis."

If so, I think that's really fun. I loved how RER1 used Dante's Inferno as a motif. It's not used in the most meaningful way, but it makes the premise of each game feel a tad more layered than your usual RE outing.

You are correct, Franz Kafka actually plays a pretty big role in this. The Overlooker keeps quoting poems by him, you find pages of his works around the prison. Symbols and allusions to him. You may also notice the name of the four episodes are all named off some of Franz Kafka's works. You spotted Metamorphosis, however, the first episode for example is called Penal Colony, which is a reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Penal_Colony

Kssio_Aug

What
flamethrower?
I saw a file mention one but there's nothing I can see.

Just
crouch down the blades trap and call the enemies attention
. You barely need to waste ammo... Actually. If you have a friend to co-op, you can do it without wasting any ammo.

There's a valve on the right side of the room. Open it and then rotate the contraption in the middle of the room. You gotta be quick.

However, note that that breaks the spinning blade on the side of the room along with the gold customize item attached to it, so only use it if you don't care about getting that

Also, I'll try these questions one more time:

So during Barry's episode, I got to the double decker prison cells and I pressed the button to open all the doors, but before going through the door at the end with the hole in it for the girl to crawl through, I decided to check the downstairs door that leads to the radio tower.

Big mistake of course since it locks behind you and I couldn't get back in. Does anyone know what I missed back in the prison?

Edit: Also, what the hell are those bugs and how do you find them? I haven't seen one... I think the little girl is supposed to be able to point them out?

wcvince

Neo Member
However, note that that breaks the spinning blade on the side of the room along with the gold customize item attached to it, so only use it if you don't care about getting that

You can rotate it first, then turn it on.

Jawmuncher

Observations regarding that major story spoiler:

I'm glad they're bringing up the Alex Wesker plot thread again but throwing her in to this game and already having her become a monster that is inevitably killed off? Seems a bit of a waste? I was hoping Alex would be a major player in the future. Not cannon fodder.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the role. Disappointing if I'm reading correctly.

I guessing the reveal here will be the mention of another
player in the game related to the family that was brought up in RE6.

Lagamorph

Yeah, so that
flamethrower is pretty fucking useless isn't it? The big guys just walk through it like I'm shooting at them with a weak hairdryer

Kuraudo

Banned

There are quotes from the Trial and In the Penal Colony littered about the place. Like you said about Dante, the allusions aren't the most meaningful, but as an RE fan and a lit major I find them kind of exciting.

Moosehole

I'd also like to know this.
Can't find it anywhere : ( How or where do you choose those maps ?

I have this and compatibility pack installed.

Are they supposed to be here:

?
This is the same problem I have on PS4. I can't find a solution anywhere. I have the compatibility pack, wesker, hunk, and throwback pack 1 installed.

I can access Hunk and Wesker, but the extra stages are locked just like yours. I've tried restoring licenses, and I've even tried deleting everything and re-downloading... Nothing works. Is there anyone out there who knows how to fix this?

Shauni

The bugs are a bit weird to find. When you're playing as Natty, you will see this reddish glow in places (on walls, a tree, etc), and I think she has to hit it with a brick (not sure if Barry can or not, but I imagine it'd be a pain in the ass to try it with him). To be honest, I never noticed them at all on my first playthrough, I had to use a guide.

Grisby

The bugs are a bit weird to find. When you're playing as Natty, you will see this reddish glow in places (on walls, a tree, etc), and I think she has to hit it with a brick (not sure if Barry can or not, but I imagine it'd be a pain in the ass to try it with him). To be honest, I never noticed them at all on my first playthrough, I had to use a guide.
Dammit. That was what those were for?

I kept thinking I was crazy seeing those red spots.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
FYI: in the camera settings menu... "Fast Camera" is basically an acceleration setting. The longer you hold in a direction the camera builds speed as it moves.

I personally despise acceleration on any camera. Highly recommend turning that down to "none" on both fast camera settings if you are having issues with the camera/aiming controls.

Then you can just dial in the sensitivity setting you like with the camera/aiming speed sliders.

Seyavesh

does anyone know if the raid mode intro voice clips are still in when you co-op? those were some of my favorite lil tibits from rev1 even if it was a minor detail

oh what the heck, there's no youtube compilation of the rev1 ones?

i'm talking about stuff like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUGBSS2kWA#t=10s

edit: thinking about it, i suppose not since the ending quotes aren't there in single player either

Neiteio

You are correct, Franz Kafka actually plays a pretty big role in this. The Overlooker keeps quoting poems by him, you find pages of his works around the prison. Symbols and allusions to him. You may also notice the name of the four episodes are all named off some of Franz Kafka's works. You spotted Metamorphosis, however, the first episode for example is called Penal Colony, which is a reference to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Penal_Colony
I love this.

Lagamorph

Well after dying twice, the
flamethrower suddenly started working like it was supposed to more or less, except for one normal enemy that just passed straight through harmlessly

I'm liking it so far, but I'm thinking I might hold off a few days to see if a few of the bugs get patched out. As well as the one mentioned above,
when playing as Barry the insects seem to just keep getting stuck in the rocks rather than crawling down
. Little things, but they make me think it's worth waiting for a patch before continuing.

Dusk Golem

does anyone know if the raid mode intro voice clips are still in when you co-op? those were some of my favorite lil tibits from rev1 even if it was a minor detail

oh what the heck, there's no youtube compilation of the rev1 ones?

i'm talking about stuff like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUGBSS2kWA#t=10s

edit: thinking about it, i suppose not since the ending quotes aren't there in single player either

Yeah, I dont think there is. Kind of a bummer cause it was a nice touch but oh well. Two steps forward, one step back - this is Capcom!

Barry's voice actor is great. He gets it, he knows exactly who he's voicing, and he's delivering solid gold line readings.

Edit: Apparently he also played Schwartzwald in The Big O and The Director in Crackdown. So he's done well-crafted ham and cheese before.

Oh! Michael McConnohie! I had no idea he was Barry in this. I met him once at a con, super nice dude. He was also Vampire Hunter D. Guy is a legend.

Is it just me or are Jill's voice clips new?
Previews in the menu seemed like REV1 rips but I was messing around on the Edonia city map and Jill's dialog was full on shouting.
I don't recall that from 1 at all.

Seyavesh

Is it just me or are Jill's voice clips new?
Previews in the menu seemed like REV1 rips but I was messing around on the Edonia city map and Jill's dialog was full on shouting.
I don't recall that from 1 at all.

yep, wesker jill and hunk all have new stuff interspersed with their old stuff too
it's really random and makes me wonder why the intro/mission success dialogues got removed if they brought them in to voice stuff anyhow

Erebus

I just finished the part with Claire and certainly enjoyed it. Having said that, the graphics are really really bad, bland and take away from the whole experience.

Also, for some reason I experience severe stuttering at times especially when I open doors or the enemies are attacking me. Anyone else having issues with the PC version?

CarewiseGamgee

Neo Member
I bought the throwback map pack but for some reason it doesn't appear in game nor does it let me download it. This is on ps4, anyone else having the same issue or know a fix?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I bought the throwback map pack but for some reason it doesn't appear in game nor does it let me download it. This is on ps4, anyone else having the same issue or know a fix?

Same issue. I try to DL through the webstore and it prompts me to DL the entire game again. It's not listed in my library. It's not accessible through the ingame-PStore link (I always get an error with that fucking thing) and if I try to buy it again, says I cannot. Thinks I own it I guess, but won't let me DL the thing.

I wonder if I have to re-dl the whole game.

Idk. It's frustrating.

Woot just purchased season pass. DLing now. Quick question and I'm sure it has been answered, but other than what was posted in the OP's post, is there any difference in the retail and season pass versions?

Also, for some reason I experience severe stuttering at times especially when I open doors or the enemies are attacking me. Anyone else having issues with the PC version?

My version is basically unplayable at the moment, on PC too. My framerate drops to single figures whenever I first see a zombie or enter new areas. It does usually stabilize after a secound, but it makes playing the game a real unenjoyable experience. Hopefully Capcom can patch in some optimizations sooner rather then later, their are a fair few people on the steam forums that also have major stuttering issues.

Few things I really like about rev 2:

Content to price ratio is really good, loads of modes, extras just in episode 1.
Giving both story mode stuff and raid content every chapter is a great way to do it, something for everyone.
Cutting up the story into two different playable teams works out better then I expected, you get two locations, two play styles, two views of the story for every chapter you buy.

I think this works a lot better then just buying story missions one at a time or selling raid mode as a seperate dlc add-on, selling small and tight bundles of content which cover all grounds is the right way to do it.

Top Bottom