• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Umbrella Corps Review Thread

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You have this on PC? Can I be your friend cause it took me 10 minutes to play a match and I hated it. Maybe with good people I can salvage something from this. Weren't you on Biohaze?

I have posted there, and sure. Just look for AestheticGamer on Steam, though do know while planning to play today, going to be breaking for a few days since need to focus working on my own little game to release in July, but am planning to play more today.

Ryuuga

Banned
The game looks like a hot mess. I'd have to dig deep to find excuses to justify buying it in it's current state at it's current price.

gconsole

This game is like a result from Capcom meeting when they saw ORG sale number and thought they would make much more profit doing it in house with cheaper investment lol.

NateDrake

Most outlets only got review code yesterday. My initial reaction to the game was very negative, but the more I play the online multiplayer, the more I find myself enjoying it. By no means a great game, but it isn't an awful abysmal piece of shit either.

Karak

The game looks like a hot mess. I'd have to dig deep to find excuses to justify buying it in it's current state at it's current price.

The more I played the more it fell apart and hilarious enough the more the people around me started refusing to play and dropping. It was like a damned game of attrition for groups. Its sad but many free to play titles offer better graphics, gameplay, options, and performance. By a long shot. Its incredibly shoddy as a title. And thats not to mention that games in that price range out perform in on every level by an almost incredible amount.
Its a genre that, when you come into it, you need to have your shit together to even be considered worthy of time to check out, let alone be considered a well done product.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And this is from the Producer of Raccoon City, Dark Chronicles and RE7.
My excitement for RE7 increases.

Karak

What a fucking disgrace. Who thought this was a good idea?

Its currently a hot genre and if rumors are true there are at least 2 other non expected titles getting into this genre by 2017. One is from a major player.

Oh and I rated it a Don't Touch for ACG
Link

I don't understand how they went from developing arguably the greatest shooter to straight trash. Is this the biggest drop in quality in gaming history?

MiguelItUp

I should've waited I suppose. I shouldn't have trusted that Famitsu review, I got all excited. I played it last night a bit, and I mean, it was fine. But yeah, I kind of regret making a purchase. It is what it is I guess.

Umbrella Corps - Village (RE4) One-Life Match ; This Game is More Fun than People are Saying

I just recorded a match with some friends, but we've been having a lot of fun playing it so far. Here's just a misc video of us playing.

And my message with it:

I tried multiplayer a few times, people leave games alot so I gave up. And when I finally got to play people kill me within seconds and I don't understand how it works really...

It doesn't click with me. But I guess since none of my RE friends want to get it I just play with randoms. But then The Experiment is quite boring as well.

-MD-

Impressively bad reviews.

If for whatever reason you're looking to buy the PC version you might just want to wait, it has like ~150 players right now.

Should tank in price soon if Capcom wants to keep it active.

Karak

Impressively bad reviews.

If for whatever reason you're looking to buy the PC version you might just want to wait, it has like ~150 players right now.

Should tank in price soon if Capcom wants to keep it active.

The sad thing is is games are hard right now to even join up due to the dead grouping which leaves you the questionable single player. And if anyone is confused by questionable I mean downright poor.
If a drop in price helps it I will be blown away. I see it getting added to steam accounts if it drops to free and people playing a bit and putting it away in favor of other far better games already free. Might hit PSN Gold but that would be the opposite of gold. lol

I like to think Capcom USA knew that this game was a turd and that's why they're not only burying it but also withheld putting the Resident Evil name on it.

Sesha

I wonder how it will sell. Obviously the RE brand is still strong, and with no other high octane action RE on the horizon people might bite for that reason alone. ORC did sell well despite its poor scores. But people might be more picky now than 4 years ago. If recent US BO trends for blockbuster genre films are any indication, that people at least in the US are more savvy about reviews and critics scores, people might look at its MC scores and reviews and skip it.

This was made with Unity, right?

I just remembered something

RE7 - RE Engine
Umbrella Corps - Unity
SFV - Unreal 4
Deep Down - Phanta Rei

Might as well make DMC5 with Frostbite.

They're obviously experimenting with different engines, probably because Panta Rhei is a huge failure. Dunno why they didn't just make this with UE4, though. They already have the license. I won't believe that this was greenlit before SF5. Maybe internal communication is just bad. That I can believe.

Hopefully DMC5 is on UE4 if they haven't gotten Panta Rhei up to par. If it's on some likely inferior dedicated engine like RE7 is I will cry.

If they gave it to DICE, it'd probably turn out farrrrr better than Capcom's own efforts at this point.

Even if the entirety of DICE spent 10 years on a DMC game, they couldn't even come close to making a game with as deep a combat system as DMC4, let alone surpass it.

Top Bottom