• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Umbrella Corps Review Thread

Mass One

Umbrella Corps - Village (RE4) One-Life Match ; This Game is More Fun than People are Saying

I just recorded a match with some friends, but we've been having a lot of fun playing it so far. Here's just a misc video of us playing.

And my message with it:

The cameraman must have a real fetish for hair and neck sweat. That camera is too close.
I don't know why I expected this to be my new Socom Confrontation. I can play the worst games and watch the worst movies with friends and still have a fun and great time.

Grisby

That youtube video. Camera looks way too close and the graphics are super rough.

Shame that Capcom doesn't seem to have a desire to make or update any Outbreak games.

IzzyF3

Seems to contrast at lot with the early comments of the OT. Haven't went to look at the thread after the reviews came up though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It's a plan. Since RE7 looks like a 20€ horror Greenlight game, the plan is providing you even worse games so until January will come, you will look at RE7 like the Holy Grail.
Watch them announced RE:Rev3 and it not even be running on the new RE engine and still use Rev2's.

Mechazawa

If they gave it to DICE, it'd probably turn out farrrrr better than Capcom's own efforts at this point.

"SFV came out with technical issues and barely any single player content, who could do a better job at this with DMC?"

"What about the developer that CTD'd people's computers for three months, released Battlefront with no content, and then forced you to use the melee in Mirror's Edge Catalyst?"

That youtube video. Camera looks way too close and the graphics are super rough.

Shame that Capcom doesn't seem to have a desire to make or update any Outbreak games.

sadly games like this make capcom think RE isn't worth it, we are damn lucky to get a REmake 2... but who knows how that will turn out.

Shauni

Why was this made again?

should have been a slow methodical, zombie/puzzle mp only game

They never learn though trying to formulate the ideas of cod/tf/bf

I still don't get how this was made. Like who heard this idea and said "yup, this sure will make money in this market".
Sad that the reviews seem to be on par with what was shown...but it's no surprise.

So many posts like this, and it's like no one seems to want to acknowledge that ORC sold like 3 million copies. Can people just not understand this, or is there like some weird internet fandom denial going around about how successful that game was. It's pretty obvious why they made another similar game on the even more cheap side.

Even though I dropped 40 dollars on this game I hope that it goes free to play someday and finds a dedicated fan base. Lots of cosmetic shit to microtransaction for days!

I have posted there, and sure. Just look for AestheticGamer on Steam, though do know while planning to play today, going to be breaking for a few days since need to focus working on my own little game to release in July, but am planning to play more today.

No problem. I'm dvader654 on steam.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I impulse-bought the deluxe edition on PC yesterday. It's pretty fun, but I would not suggest buying it for any more than $10. In fact, $5 is probably the golden spot for this one.

Also, it doesn't seem to work well with the Xbox One controller. I had to switch to the wired 360. It's basically pointless to use a mouse.

duckroll

Still waiting for for my Outbreak 3 with proper online infrastructure, CAPCOM.

I don't understand why Capcom isn't making a new proper Outbreak. The market is ripe for it now, while the original games were on a platform and market which wasn't mature enough to support the vision. 4-player RE co-op scenarios with elements of randomization? Additional scenarios via DLC? Right into my veins.

I don't understand why Capcom isn't....

This line crosses my mind every time anything Capcom is announced or released in the last few years.

I don't pretend to know how devs or big game companies work but their deafness/blindness in terms of their iconic franchises puzzles the shit out of me. Just considering this alone gives me little hope for REmake 2, let alone the promises that Resident Evil 7 won't be a walking simulator after giving us a demo that is a walking simulator.

News Bot

Banned
I don't understand why Capcom isn't making a new proper Outbreak. The market is ripe for it now, while the original games were on a platform and market which wasn't mature enough to support the vision. 4-player RE co-op scenarios with elements of randomization? Additional scenarios via DLC? Right into my veins.

Outbreak only has a cult following, if that. The original game was fucked, too. Unless they intend to actually finish it I'd rather they leave it alone.

And this is from the Producer of Raccoon City, Dark Chronicles and RE7.
My excitement for RE7 increases.

Producers handle money. They are not designers. A producer being assigned to a particular game is literally meaningless.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
THANK YOU I was hoping I wasn't the only one thinking about an Outbreak sequel because I been wanting one since the initial announcement of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Lunafreya

And this is from the Producer of Raccoon City, Dark Chronicles and RE7.
My excitement for RE7 increases.

You sure seem to grip on the Producer a lot. He's the SERIES producer, obviously he's involved. He's been involved with far more than just those you listed of him being involved in.

Also Jun Takeuchi is the lead producer of RE7.

wipeout364

Having played a bit more I have a better handle on the controls. It's unfortunately very mediocre to poor. The guns lack any kind of weight and the aim down sight transition is jarring. I will give them some credit for the variety of modes they put in and I think the maps feel very distinct from each other with good art. I will take away credit though for a certain muddieness to the visuals that makes it hard to pick out enemies and generally gives a messy look to everything.

I think the biggest problem for me as a owner of at least 10 other multiplayer shooters, I play this game and I kind of wish I was playing something else. I feel like I want to play it as a resident evil fan but it is not fun. Not sure how much more time I will put in but my big concern is that if I go away and come back in a couple of weeks it will be a ghost town with only hardcore players Still around. Very disappointed in this and I am very unsure of whether we will see post launch support.

TabooV

Neo Member
Not even a bit surprised by these reviews. Capcom should just stick to making RE a horror game and not some action shooter.

Top Bottom