• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Umbrella Corps Review Thread

Cob32

Not even a bit surprised by these reviews. Capcom should just stick to making RE a horror game and not some action shooter.

I think they might have gotten away with a full fledged raid mode spin off. I'd of been in day 1 if they nailed that right.

Fury451

Banned
With the overall image of Resident Evil being a little shaky i am a little surprised they would release this knowing it will just damage the brand more

Shaky? How so? It's an enormously popular franchise.

Resident Evil is eternal. It's survived worse; this certainly won't kill it.

mgbosmanymadn.gif

The RE4 village had me so hard, then the rest of the game sunk in.

Shaky? How so? It's an enormously popular franchise.

Resident Evil is eternal. It's survived worse; this certainly won't kill it.

It won't kill it but it does add to the narrative "everything resident evil after 4 is bad". Weather it's true or not it does feel true when you have games like 6 and this crop up.

KingJ2002

I still don't get how this was made. Like who heard this idea and said "yup, this sure will make money in this market".
Sad that the reviews seem to be on par with what was shown...but it's no surprise.

thinking the same thing... not sure how and why this was green lit... and if so... it was better off as a non-RE title.

I feel like elements of this were RE7 and ORC 2 but 7 went another direction and with Slant 6 shut down they didn't have the time or money put into it and decided to save it as an absolute barebones mp game.

Hellraider

I think they might have gotten away with a full fledged raid mode spin off. I'd of been in day 1 if they nailed that right.

A raid mode spin off? That would be great!
A mercenaries mode spin off? That would be amazing!
An outbreak-style spin off? Fuck yes!

Yet we got Umbrella Corps(e). Like ORC wasn't enough.

all they needed to do was make Mercenaries HD to celebrate RE's 20th anniversary

but noooOOOooooo, capcom always has to do things their own way

Ludens

Banned
Honestly it looks like the budget for raid mode was bigger than the one for UC.

I can understand low budget games, REV2 was one of them, the price on par with UC, but I would prefer story-focused games like REV2 instead of UC all the day.

My bet is Capcom hopes to sell cosmetic stuff and going with microtransactions for UC, maybe they will make it F2P soon or later. It would make sense.

Top Bottom