• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn: EA made Titanfall deal, only for one game, will work on PS4 later

Lol told ya this was worse news for Respawn than it was for PS4 owners. EA picking the wrong horse, cutting Respawn's aspirations in half. Also tells me that EA is putting Battlefield as a much bigger priority for them than Titanfall.

Man Microsoft must have given EA a shit ton of money for this to be fully exclusive. Gotta wonder if it will end up being worth it in the end.

Well they should make good MS money no question. Just will miss out on maybe millions of buyers not going to Xbone, or have a decent PC.

Zaph

I'm very surprised Zampella and West couldn't negotiate a better publishing deal which gave them more control over these things.

Or maybe they could, but didn't care about platforms as long as they could make the game they wanted.

DoomGyver

You would of thought EA would have learned something from the InfinityWard/Activision debacle. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Gorillaz

This is interesting, because doesn't EA partners allow the IP holder/dev freedom basically?

So wait how does EA partners work then if the person isn't in control of there IP? I thought EA just publishes it

CfIXHnr.jpg

Elios83

There you go, Titanfall 2 in 2015 for the PS4 confirmed.

CBoaT was telling the truth about 1 year exclusive.

Yup it was a timed exclusive.
Now it's a full exclusive on the first game. Zampella doesn't seem too happy about it especially about EA not being clear with them.

Pop

Well damn EA, what shady fucks. How much did Microsoft throw at them. First NFL license now this...geez

Rich!

Yeah... Fuck EA and Microsoft then. I'm not really against exclusives period, but I'd rather it be more for taking advantage of a system's unique strengths or as a matter of practicality, not some money hatting shit that isn't really done with those two in mind, doubly so when they're circumventing the original developer that's supposed to own the IP.

Will be funny if they find a loophole and abuse it though, like an updated version of the game.

what, like:

Mrbob

That tweet confuses me. Zampella makes it seem like Respawn had no idea this was going to happen and he wasn't involved in these discussions.

Top Bottom