• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn: EA made Titanfall deal, only for one game, will work on PS4 later

Wouldn't it HILARIOUS if Titanfall sucked? So much hype down the drain. Everybody who annoyingly spouted the "Did you SEE Titanfall?!" quip would immediately start spouting, "I wish I never seen Titanfall....". That would be fuckin funny as hell!!
I remember before the Star Wars prequels came out, a buddy and I were talking about the hype and the actors that were going to be in the movies, as well as the tidbits of story info we were seeing on the net.

Out of nowhere (I have ADHD), I blurted out, "What if these movies suck?" He laughed and dismissed the possibility entirely and so did I. And then Phantom Menace came out.

Long story short: It can happen - even with super-hyped, 'sure thing' projects.

Wouldn't it HILARIOUS if Titanfall sucked? So much hype down the drain. Everybody who annoyingly spouted the "Did you SEE Titanfall?!" quip would immediately start spouting, "I wish I never seen Titanfall....". That would be fuckin funny as hell!!

Nice try. Keep wishing mate. The game looks absolutely fantastic and you know it. Hence all the complaints in this and the other thread about it.

It's really weird indeed. You can't be bothered to open a program that takes a whole 30 seconds to load. Are you serious?

Yeah I'm serious. All of my friends are on Steam. If people want to invite me to a match of Dota 2 or talk to me about something I need to be on Steam.

I definitely learned my lesson from BF3. I bought BF3 and all of the expansions, then I never played them because Origin is a waste of my time. I maybe played 30 hours total of BF3 whereas I played hundreds of hours of Bad Company 2. BC2 was not nearly as good a game as BF3, but it was on Steam, thats why I played it so much.

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
Kind of shows their desperation as well as their commitment to XB1.

Better commitment from them would be spending that money on developent of a new game. Now they are paying for a game not coming on a competing platform.

KAL2006

Banned
I don't know why some future PS4 owners are upset here. Yes TitanFall is exclusive, but that doesn't mean TitanFall 2 won't be multiplatform. There are plenty of quality games coming including inFamous, The Order, Destiny, The Witchter 3, Shouldn't be too hard of a wait to get to play the IP.

Like I said before, MS paying for exclusives is smart, and it does pay off. However it's great all around for the short term only. I can expect inFamous 3rd Son, Uncharted 4, or even a new IP from the first party devs in the future (same can be said for MS studios like 343). These first party games is what sells me to a system. I can expect TitanFall 2, Dead Rising 5 or Crytek's next IP all as multiplatform games, that is why none of those exclusives are not selling me on a Xbox One. If MS announced they bought Respwan and TitanFall IP is owned by MS, or they bought Crytek and Capcom studios, this is what would get my attention, as it would make me invest in the system for the long term as I can expect more games from those devs exclusively from the Xbox One platform.

Hindle

Banned
Better commitment from them would be spending that money on developent of a new game. Now they are paying for a game not coming on a competing platform.

They're investing in new studios as well as securing 3rd party games as exclusives. Black Tusk are likely to launch thier game first.

TheKayle

Banned
yeah but sony own ND I don't think MS ever owned bungie i could be wrong about that, but thats why ND couldn't release anything on XB

for this reason i prefeer what here is called "moneyhatting" of ms....istead to own the rights for the ips as sony

ps gamers..have the opportunity to play mass effect...just for this reason and developers as this one of tf..would not put sad emoticons in their tweet..

educator

What is the business relationship between Respawn and EA? Stuff like this can't possibly come as a shock to him if it was negotiated in whatever deal they made in the first place.

MS could easily choose to snatch up Titanfall2 too when the times comes, of course.

Titanfall 2 won't have the luxury of a 360 to fall back on so I doubt this happens. Timed exclusive is certainly possible though to maximize XB1 sales over PS4.

What is the business relationship between Respawn and EA? Stuff like this can't possibly come as a shock to him if it was negotiated in whatever deal they made in the first place.

I believe the deal gives EA financial responsibility but creative control remains with Respawn. Basically EA handles all of the business. That is my assumption at least. And it would make sense if EA truly did this without giving Respawn a heads up on it.

educator

I believe the deal gives EA financial responsibility but creative control remains with Respawn. Basically EA handles all of the business. That is my assumption at least. And it would make sense if EA truly did this without giving Respawn a heads up on it.

Thanks for the clarification. While I do understand the perks of giving EA financial responsibility, doing so also puts his company in a place of potential damage. Im too tired to elaborate on why, but I think you understand what I mean.

Cheers.

Nice try. Keep wishing mate. The game looks absolutely fantastic and you know it. Hence all the complaints in this and the other thread about it.

I never said it wasn't or had no chance of being good, actually. Though, what if it ISN'T? The possibility, to the unbiased mind, is there, regardless if it looks good. I've been around long enough to know that just because something looks promising, it doesn't mean it WILL be. Though, who really knows? It could be great.

Top Bottom