• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME - Its almost here! Lets discuss the game!

WITHE1982

Its insane. I beat the game awhile back and am still sitting here in awe. Trumps Neir for me easily.

Great, just great. It's taken me a week to decide the next game I'm buying (opted for Prey) but after reading the impressions of this I may just change my mind.

Strangely enough the comment that peaked my interest more than any other was:

M! Games said:
no fighting, just puzzle solving & exploration gameplay

I seem to have played nothing but murder sims of late and the thought of just relaxing and exploring appeals to me on a deep level.

Also good to hear the soundtrack is awesome. Sod it! RiME it is.

Freeman76

As a Switch owner, having to wait longer will make the spoiler dodging a mess. People were already spoiling Zelda before it launched, while this is not nearly as big of a game, I still want to go into this knowing nothing but the complete bare basics :(

Stay out of threads and dont read reviews and you should be fine.

Ovek

7Member7
Holy shit complete forgot about this game... Lindsey Stirling released a music video for it yesterday that reminded me, she apparently composed the music for it which is pretty awesome in itself.

The last time I watched a video about Rime it is was a PS4 exclusive.

Decided to stop playing. The game is great and I especially like the art direction and OST but the framerate and stutter makes it hard for me to enjoy. I'll wait for an upcoming patch to enjoy this gem in the best possible way.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hope there won't be issue on PS4 pro

Make the wait for switch easy if PS4 and one have issues , i won't wait for the switch versions

Ordered ps4

Hope there won't be issue on PS4 pro

Make the wait for switch easy if PS4 and one have issues , i won't wait for the switch versions

Ordered ps4

I own a Pro too. Despite the Pro, framerate problems can be compared to Firewatch pre-patch. Also, the scenery seems to be moving slower than the protagonist. Also feels somehow like Driveclub. Both Driveclub and Forza Horizon 3 are 30 fps, the scenery in DC seems to be moving slower for me.

Not even once. Maybe they are later, I played for an hour

Lucky you. Guess I'm very sensible to fps ( playing MK 8 on WiiU I noticed there was a hiccup and the games was 59 fps instead of 60. Before the patch that is ).

Personally I almost can't understand anyone not noticing this, but guess everyone has a different perception of fps.

Mdk7

As a Switch owner, having to wait longer will make the spoiler dodging a mess. People were already spoiling Zelda before it launched, while this is not nearly as big of a game, I still want to go into this knowing nothing but the complete bare basics :(

Trust me, there is SO MUCH that can be spoiled here. Way much more than Zelda, believe me.
So yeah, if you plan to wait for the Switch version, watch out and avoid all thread, videos and so on. And careful with the reviews, as someone could really say too much.

benzopil

Lucky you. Guess I'm very sensible to fps ( playing MK 8 on WiiU I noticed there was a hiccup and the games was 59 fps instead of 60. Before the patch that is ).

Personally I almost can't understand anyone not noticing this, but guess everyone has a different perception of fps.
I remember how I was playing Firewatch at 10 fps, but Rime is not even close.

I have it pre-ordered. Honestly, i mostly forgot it's coming out tomorrow.
I know almost nothing about the game other than that i love how it looks,
and i think i'm going to keep it that way.

im_dany

I remember how I was playing Firewatch at 10 fps, but Rime is not even close.
It goes close to that for me (Xbox One), especially going farther in the game. Hope they can patch it soon.

The game is great, I think it will be an high-80 metacritic for those interested.

. said:
18716438_1494424293970788_1022564456_n.jpg

Just waiting for girlfriend to get home and we will be playing this all day ^^

RPGCrazied

Cancelled on Amazon. Not waiting until Tuesday. Guess I'll just go walk into a store on Friday and pick it up. Want to play this over the weekend.

jrush64

Banned
Was going to get this on Amazon too but I think I'll go digital. PSN plus has a discount that's almost the same as prime discount.

mindatlarge

Was gonna wait to pull the trigger until reviews dropped, but after reading some of the feedback in this thread, gonna go ahead and order it. Hearing that it borrows aspects of games like ICO, The Witness and Journey while also paving its own path is very appealing.

Futureman

Sounds pretty short... was hoping for something around 15 hours. I am a slow gamer though, so maybe I will hit that.

Impressions seem very positive.... a few hints in here that there's something amazing that we should avoid the spoilers. Can't wait for Switch version.

Damn I need to hear PC impressions of this. I've got a fairly capable PC (i7 3770k, 16gb ram, 970) but if it's a dodgy port I'd rather get it on my PS4.

I'm so excited hearing about the stellar soundtrack. That on it's own combined with the art direction has this as an instabuy for me.

Dude on Dutch Xbox forum is playing it and he says it won't be everybody's cup of tea but he absolutely loves it.

50% The Witness (puzzles easier though) and 50% The Last Guardian.

Sounds pretty short... was hoping for something around 15 hours. I am a slow gamer though, so maybe I will hit that.

Impressions seem very positive.... a few hints in here that there's something amazing that we should avoid the spoilers. Can't wait for Switch version.

How long is it?

Cancelled on Amazon. Not waiting until Tuesday. Guess I'll just go walk into a store on Friday and pick it up. Want to play this over the weekend.

I had the same estimated delivery. I spoke to a representative and told them that there's no point in me purchasing from them if I have to wait till Tuesday, I'll just go but it in a store on Friday. She tried to excuse it with manufacturer delays, but eventually she changed my shipping to one day and then the delivery date changed to Friday. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll just cancel and purchase it somewhere else.

Oh shit review embargo is up today isn't it? (in 90 minutes from time of this post I think)

Damn I cant wait for this game. I was excited already and then I saw the Edge 9 score...ugh I just wanna play it!!

What happened to Akira Yamaoka San creating the music for this game? Did he abandon this and Lindsey Stirling took the torch?

Would love to know this too, was one of the most interesting things about the game at the time of the reveal. Dariuas?

Just finished the third area of the game.
I like this much more than The Last Guardian.
And again i have to mention the god tier soundtrack. Good stuff!

Its insane. I beat the game awhile back and am still sitting here in awe. Trumps Neir for me easily.

Goddamn, can't wait for 10 PM MST :)

I feel like this is pretty substantial for an indie game on this scale. I was expecting much shorter.

Top Bottom