• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PC |OT| Hello... it's me.

Question for those who have played a good deal on X1 - in the last game I was tempted to go 100%, but the GPS stuff ended up being a pain because there was no good way to track it. Are all the collectible-type stuff easily tracked in this one (in terms of you have x/4 in this area)?

Question for those who have played a good deal on X1 - in the last game I was tempted to go 100%, but the GPS stuff ended up being a pain because there was no good way to track it. Are all the collectible-type stuff easily tracked in this one (in terms of you have x/4 in this area)?

Yeah the map for each area has a legend showing how many of X you have collected. I wasn't even trying too hard to get 100% (didn't get it either) but very easily got to 85% and then stopped just because I'd had enough. seems pretty easy to get 100%.

Map:
Rise-Of-The-Tomb-Raider-Siberia-Archivist-Map-1.jpg

Tubie

36mins to unpack wtf this is lol.

edit: went down to 10m, so it might be a lot faster than what it's saying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pressed play and it says it will take me 20 mins.

The initial "decryption" time is high because Steam is updating some of the data. The process just finished on my end, so roughly eight minutes all up.

TheGrue

Wait, suddenly Rise of the Tomb Raider is 10% off on Steam? Guess I shouldn't have bought it early to get the pre-download...

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Oh my god this game looks so amazing. I cannot believe that I am finally playing a graphical beast that is also actually worth playing again.

Can't wait for the weekend!!!

@those who already played it: How's the difficulty? I played the first one on survivor immediately and thought it was ok. Can I take the highest difficulty here as well or does it just end up being frustrating?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The game is showing 10% off on steam right now.

Weird. It wasn't 10% off for preorders, was it?

Nope. I'd guess the 10% launch discount is Microsoft's doing and Squeenix discounted the post-release subs to match. For those who really want those few bucks back, you can refund the pre-order.

Justinian

OK, I was expecting great graphics but this is just breathtaking! Running everything maxed on GTX 980 Ti with a locked 60fps.

Cutscenes (in game) still switch back to 16:9 for me but they are definitely rendering in 21:9 because if I skip them for a brief second the black letterboxing on the sides disappear.

Top Bottom