• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robbery at Tyler Mall, Riverside, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully just a robbery and people are just very anxious. These random mass killings don't happen THAT often (not trying to downplay it but most mass shootings aren't random attacks.)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
My brother just left my house to that mall maybe 10 minutes ago lol. He texted me saying its flooded with cops.

Still people with guns with innocents around. Doesn't matter if its a mass shooting or not.
Yeah, no doubt. Just weird to me that I'm hoping it's one slightly less violent act (robbery) as opposed to be a more violent one (mass shooting). Never thought of it this way before.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
From FB:

12299124_10207954546652146_2405562058811320621_n.jpg

12342452_10207954546932153_8660620217306660025_n.jpg

thefit

Well sitting at home drinking my beer now, yeah that was pretty surreal and yes I did give a statement to an officer as for it being a smash and grab I sure hope that's all it was. The guy with the gun may or may not have been a shooter maybe have been an off duty officer or even someone with a conceal carry I don't know I wasn't going to go ask him. Wife is shaken but I'm aiight.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Was only a "smash and grab" robbery according to a councilman. Pretty scary tho.

Haines

Banned
Well sitting at home drinking my beer now, yeah that was pretty surreal and yes I did give a statement to an officer as for it being a smash and grab I sure hope that's all it was. The guy with the gun may or may not have been a shooter maybe have been an off duty officer or even someone with a conceal carry I don't know I wasn't going to go ask him. Wife is shaken but I'm aiight.

Take care duder.

jett

D-Member
Good thing that nothing happened.

How sad to live with the fear that a mass shooting could happen anywhere at any time.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Gun at a mall during a busy holiday season. Riverside PD is responding the right way.

Holy crap. Hope everyone is safe. At least it appears the motive was for inanimate objects and not just to senselessly kill people.

Hopefully just a robbery and people are just very anxious. These random mass killings don't happen THAT often (not trying to downplay it but most mass shootings aren't random attacks.)

You know it's sad when we are relieved to find out it was just a robbery.

Holy shit man. Stay safe.

Edit: Glad to see that you both got out safely and that it seems to only be a robbery. Hopefully the Police get these guys

SpecX

Holy shit, not to undermine the situation but glad it wasn't a shooting. These things keep getting closer to the city we live in. Planning in doing major shopping next week at the Moreno Valley and Temecula malls, hopefully nothing goes down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom