• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robbery at Tyler Mall, Riverside, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiju

Pretty brazen to just walk into a mall with sledgehammers and just start busting through the glass and shit.

Hope they catch these guys.

hpkomic

Neo Member
On any other day this wouldn't hit the news. Not comfortable with the I.E. being in the news so much lately.

Damn that's crazy. I've been to that mall many times because my ex-gf lived in Lake Elsinore. Glad that's all over with... I'll happily avoid the I.E. for the rest of my life.

Glad you're safe OP.

Lmao gl with that drive. Anyway there's a lot of inland empire gaffers here. It's crazy a robbery happened inside a mall.

Yeah, I didn't realize how many folks on here are from the IE

I have a friend who opened a business there not that long ago, and my brother works a job at one of the clothing stores. Through the grapevine I heard about the inordinate amount of police by the mall I used to frequent weekly, and not sure if my brother was on call I placed a call to my father and he let me know that my brother was at the house. Still, his coworkers are there, and I have friends there, and many people I know go to that mall with their children quite a lot, and I will go to the Barnes and Noble and the AMC next door. So the initial worry eats at you, but I am glad no one was hurt and all the people reacted as well as could be expected.

Pretty brazen to just walk into a mall with sledgehammers and just start busting through the glass and shit.

Hope they catch these guys.

More than being brazen though, it's the utter and complete stupidity of such lazy riffraff scum to do something like that after San Bernardino, or any other time for that matter, but they should have foreseen the police turnout. But any foresight is of course out of the question for their ilk. They will get caught. Fucking lice.

"Oh boy, you're in for a show tonight"

Is it that wrong to admit that I also thought, first thing when I saw the pic, about the Dark Knight Rises scene when all the cops are after him?

Nah, for decades I bought my comics from a store not that far from that mall.

bjork

Shit, this is where that bjork worked at Anime Club, years ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367099

Oddly enough, this is what I came to post.

Which, my shop was right next to the in-mall police department, which generally had someone in there for about an hour a day. We had no incidents like this when I worked there, but I could see someone casing it for a day and seeing there's almost no security to stop you from robbing a shop.

Glad nobody got shot or anything.

jstripes

Banned
On any other day this wouldn't hit the news. Not comfortable with the I.E. being in the news so much lately.

Yup. A jewelry store robbery seems pretty run of the mill. Inside a busy mall is a bit weird (was it even open yet?), but aside from that, it doesn't stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom