• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

SMG

I wonder what are those video-faces going to look like in "stunning" 4K

29974origi8i3.jpg

Interesting that they're bringing this IP back for some reason. p.s. it's not a good game.

I'm guessing much like frame rate it'll have to be capped to the resolution of the faces.

Realeza

Banned
I found LA Noire to be really interesting. I'd rather have GTAV, but this is a cool game for those who haven't played it.

Ridley327

Oh yeah, I do wonder how this is shipping out on Switch in terms of storage. I think the Complete Edition was just under 34GB total on the PS3, and while I'm sure that compression can knock that down to under 32GB these days, I don't think it's going to get drastically smaller than that.

I'm actually more curious about how this is being remastered on PS4 and XB1. As I understood, the original Face Scan materials were done at 720p, so unless there's a 1080p source available that hasn't been known about until now, they're going to have to come up with some kind of fancy upscaling algorithm to make them look better when upscaled, especially as this is promising 4K support.

mindatlarge

Didn't see this coming despite the rumors, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Hopefully it paves the way for other Rockstar games to be remastered, like Bully.

VR version sounds interesting, although I'm pretty sure they won't remake any of the cases from homicide desk due to obvious reasons.

It's nice to see a Rockstar game coming to Switch but damn, this is like the least appealing title they could have picked for me.

VR only on Vive right now is a bummer. I love the game but won't be picking it up unless the VR missions come to PSVR.

Guess it will be timed exclusive, like a lot of VR games seem to be these days, so fingers crossed it comes to PSVR later.

This was a pretty poorly kept secret, but glad it's finally announced.

Rockstar working on a game for a Nintendo console, we've truly returned to the Wii/DS era.

What do you mean it's a mess? I need context.

RDR was a development mess and it's kinda a miracle the game came out the way it did

like that's the main reason the game never saw a PC release and more than likely that we will never see a port of it on any other system

Blam

VR version sounds interesting, although I'm pretty sure they won't remake any of the cases from homicide desk due to obvious reasons.

You never know they might.

What do you mean it's a mess? I need context.

It was actual spaghetti code. They didn't document anything, and it was a complete mess. The game shouldn't have even worked on the 2 systems it came out for. It was also mentioned by Rockstar that they would actually have to recreate the entire game to even think about porting it.

Shin

Banned
PSVR got robbed considering the game probably sold more on consoles as well.
But great news all-around since I never finished it on PS3 so will gladly buy it on PS4.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
The good news is that the complete edition on PS3 is only 12.3GB, meaning there's a reasonable chance - for the Switch version - the whole thing will fit on the cartridge.

Keinning

guess BC aint happening then, sigh

there i go, buying LA Noire yet again
but its worth it, time to finally finish the DLC cases

atr0cious

If you haven't played the game, don't go in expecting a noir tinged gta. This is a high concept high budget indie game with an open world attached to it. The best part of the game is having your ai partner drive you to each location which really makes you feel like a hot shot detective. The interrogation loop can get muddled, but the game goes for it admirably. At it's best, it's the video game companion to LA confidential.

Never bought the original, it didnt seem interesting to me.

I don't really want this but I'm going to buy it anyway bc SWITCH SUPPORT.

No thanks. I strongly disliked it the first time. Why does everyone lie to you during every interrogation?

I also remember some item being a clue near the end that was difficult to find because the same model was in every other crime scene and throughout the game itself. Magically this one was special and the player was expected to know.

Let's hope they fixed all the glitches, only game I have ever had to stop because of the constant crashes and eventual game breaking glitch.

mclem

Intrigued, very much so. I played the game way back on PS3 but never moved on from the first desk; really liked it, but sort of moved away from what it was offering and never came back. Having the game on the move, a'la Phoenix Wright? That could easily hold my attention.

Hope it's a decent port.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I'm in. One of my favourite games of last gen. Hopefully this means there's a sequel in the works as well.

AllGamer

Jb

I think it's really interesting that it's coming for the Switch.
Maybe a sign that they'll also release some of their other 360 era titles later on.

Thatanas

I like how they include Nintendo Switch, even though it won't have the same graphical 'standard'. I hope it sells well enough to send a signal that games will be bought, even if the graphics are lesser in comparison to other versions.

mclem

I like how they include Nintendo Switch, even though it won't have the same graphical 'standard'. I hope it sells well enough to send a signal that games will be bought, even if the graphics are lesser in comparison to other versions.

Depends on the level of remastering, but do bear in mind the original was PS3/360, and the Switch should easily be capable of that.

Colbert

Banned
Nice!! Can we expect a PS4 Pro update as well? I'd go with 60fps any day.

Edit: OP says 4K for PS4Pro. Nice.

From Rockstar Website:
L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, these versions capture the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

It's in the OP

And it is in the OP. (should have read it!)

Top Bottom