• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games to reveal new projects "soon"

When will Rockstar's soon to be announced project be released?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Here's hoping for GTA6 or Red Dead. I couldn't care any less about Agent, none of Rockstar's other IPs interest me and I really don't want new IPs from them.

All I want is more GTA/Red Dead.

I'd really love a new Bully. A school is such a perfect setting to do a spin on the GTA formula, because it's like a microcosm of society. And you get to play with all those fun kid/teen movie tropes. There's so much potential there.

I know it's never going to happen though.

Illucio

Banned
Red Dead Redemption 2 seems like a given at this point.

But I'm like the one of the few people vocal about wanting Bully 2.

Sloane

Banned
I'd really love a new Bully. A school is such a perfect setting to do a spin on the GTA formula, because it's like a microcosm of society. And you get to play with all those fun kid/teen movie tropes. There's so much potential there.

Yeah, another Bully would be sweet. Or a new LA Noire. Or Agent. Or something entirely new. RDR on the other hand...

Found the post.

0bc77364ed7bf64ef3c38c10a92ce2d6.png

Does he mean 2 new games from take two or 2 new games from rockstar?

If its the latter i hope they are the next red dead and redemption remaster. (Gta story dlc would even be better but that ships sailed i think)

Simo

I didn't really expect them to release anything this year anyway so that's fine.

Yeah I'm fully expecting them to release Red Dead in May like the last one and other Rockstar games. lol

I'm just looking forward to Red Dead being revealed. Show that off at E3 and I'll be a happy camper, forget the rest of the show. lol

Yeah, I know their "soon".

8 months between the reveal trailer and a couple of shitty screenshots, for GTAV.

Well Rockstar fucked that up on their part because they dropped the reveal at the height of Max Payne 3's marketing and obviously they weren't going to talk or show anything from GTAV until Max Payne was done and out the door but all everyone wanted to know more about was GTAV after the reveal.

I would love a new Bully but I feel after GTA V has made them literally billions I think the idea may be too niche for Rockstar if they want to replicate the success. I do hope I'm wrong though because I would honestly be more happy with a new Bully than a new Red Dead.

AmyS

Honestly I think Rockstar has been working on / is working on / will be working on, nothing but Red Dead 3 and GTA VI.

Makes sense.

Sorry to necro this thread, but when would be the next time we could potentially hear about new games? Does Rockstar traditionally show up to any gaming conferences like Gamescom?

Sorry to necro this thread, but when would be the next time we could potentially hear about new games? Does Rockstar traditionally show up to any gaming conferences like Gamescom?

I was thinking the exact same thing lol, I want to see the new red dead. I don't understand why they don't do E3.

OneUh8

Either a new Red Dead or new IP. About the only things I would want from them.

uhh just noticed this was old. lol.

Raptor

I want a RDR Remaster more than a new Red Dead myself.

Any news or rumours or something, someone throw me a bone here Im dying!!

"soon" is obviously a relative term for T2. They'll announce their projects when they feel they are damn good and ready.

But anything RDR is fine with me. Or another Noire-type game.

dyergram

I was thinking the exact same thing lol, I want to see the new red dead. I don't understand why they don't do E3.
They don't generally show stuff at conferences. They will announce an announcement a week before then have a trailer with a release date. Not make that date and bring it out a year later. I'm guessing teaser vid in September with Feb release date that will be pushed till October. Pc version following March.

Coffinhal

They don't generally show stuff at conferences. They will announce an announcement a week before then have a trailer with a release date. Not make that date and bring it out a year later. I'm guessing teaser vid in September with Feb release date that will be pushed till October. Pc version following March.

If they have a release date 5 months from launch, they are going to keep it. It's the main reason why there wasn't a teaser yet : they want a short window between reveal and launch. They know they fucked it up with GTA V.

Because R* unlike a lot of devs can casually drop a date for a trailer and the internet goes nuts.

They don't really need E3.

Lots of publisher don't announce games at E3 and it is fine for them, even if it doesn't break the internet.

Why did R* went to E3 two years ago to show the GTA V Remaster first trailer ? They don't really needed it ?

The persistent rumor is that Rockstar was scheduled to reveal Red Dead 3 at Sony's show - but pulled out due to the Orlando tragedy (potentially feeling uncomfortable with the timing). That's why Sony's show ended somewhat unceremoniously, on a gameplay demo of a title announced at the start of the show. They had to reorganize to fit the new order.

What gets me are stream chats or video comments....

"Announce GTA 6 already!

"When will R* announce GTA 6?"

Have these people just recently started playing Rockstar's games? lol.

We had 2 gaf insiders say the reveal is this week...let's see what happens.

Then when the next game isn't announced this week they will create excuses, "Oh...they decided not to announce it because of blank."

*whispers* Everyone is just guessing.

The persistent rumor is that Rockstar was scheduled to reveal Red Dead 3 at Sony's show - but pulled out due to the Orlando tragedy (potentially feeling uncomfortable with the timing). That's why Sony's show ended somewhat unceremoniously, on a gameplay demo of a title announced at the start of the show. They had to reorganize to fit the new order.
Yeah, the rumor was the trailer had a big saloon shootout.

Two Words

Man, a Red Dead reveal at the end of the Sony conference would have really been something. I find it weird that, if the rumors are true, that they'd forgo a Red Dead reveal due to the Orlando shooting to show Days Gone. He killed hundreds of zombies in that demo. I get that zombies are a by different, but it seems like it still floats in that same controversy potentially.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
We locked the previous thread that was created to discuss the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated rumor about the Sony conference. Don't make another thread unless there is actual evidence that the rumor is true, not just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom