• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games to reveal new projects "soon"

When will Rockstar's soon to be announced project be released?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Need a GTA set in another country like Japan, Australia or Brasil. Something not American.

A game like Red Dead is just a massive undertaking. I understand why it would take so long, regardless of how successful and popular it is.

bill0527

Red Dead Redemption 2.

With a pre-order on PSN, and a 2017 release date, and no pre-order bonus...

I would still buy it now.

Alternatively I would also be ok with an RDR remaster, or an LA Noire remaster.

you are a saint among men.

I would pay $99 US fucking dollars for just a standard edition. And I am not joking.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have no idea why people are hyped for Agent. As we know, the game is PS3 exclusive. Who the fuck wants to play a PS3 game in 2016?

I'm still wishing Rockstar would buy the rights to Kane & Lynch or The Getaway. If they're working on sequels then I'd welcome another Manhunt, Max Payne or Red Dead.

dosh

Agent never looked that interesting to begin with. I don't know why people still want it to this day.
Well, that would mean an entirely new ip by Rockstar, which would be pretty exciting after so many sequels. And perhaps a chance to do something a bit different.

And also, a spy game by Rockstar? Come on :D

Simo

Red Dead...It's time!!!

RED DEAD REDISTRUBUTION BITCHES

But how long is "soon" in R* Time? I am pretty certain their next game will be Red Dead and it'll come out next year just based on how heavily it has been rumored and how long it has been since R* last released a new game but the actual announcement is a wildcard.

Well with Take Two's comments about showing up at E3 "in a big way" and the event right around the corner you'd think they might be referring to then. However given it's Rockstar..."soon" could end up being tomorrow for all we know.

Interestingly today marks the 6th anniversary of when Red Dead Redemption was released. lol

Well, that would mean an entirely new ip by Rockstar, which would be pretty exciting after so many sequels. And perhaps a chance to do something a bit different.

And also, a spy game by Rockstar? Come on :D

A spy game would mean that stealth is needed, and have you ever played a Rockstar game with decent stealth in it? I personally can't recall.

Hoping for Red Dead Announcement soon.

Totally out of left field would be bringing back an older IP...

Would love to see a new Manhunt. It would be an open world in the vain of Escape From New York meets DayZ. It could also merge streaming capabilities where viewers who don't even have the game could log on to watch a feed from cameras placed throughout the game world and vote on how they want other players to be killed.

Fox News would love it!

_woLf

I'm convinced whatever Rockstar announces at E3 this year will be scheduled for a Fall 2017 release.

It probably won't make that release, but that'll be when they say it will.

It's gotta be a RDR game and I'm almost sure of it, just have this feeling in my gut. The next GTA will close out this generation like GTA V did and I'm calling it now...it'a gonna be set in Vice City

I really hope it's a GTA set in London

Simo

Hoping for Red Dead Announcement soon.

Totally out of left field would be bringing back an older IP...

Would love to see a new Manhunt. It would be an open world in the vain of Escape From New York meets DayZ. It could also merge streaming capabilities where viewers who don't even have the game could log on to watch a feed from cameras placed throughout the game world and vote on how they want other players to be killed.

Fox News would love it!

I now want a new Manhunt game more than ever, thats genius! lol Hit that interact button on Live on Playstation!

Then saying future projects is interesting, because I really was only expecting one project announcement at a time. One for sure is the new Red Dead. But if they reveal that they have plans for a second Bully game, shit I can't hate on that at all.

I wonder if MS or Sony get to announce it during E3, since Sony was the one that announced GTA 5 for the current gen for the first time. But that was a remaster, what we're getting now are brand new projects. Exciting times nonetheless.

But take 2 did say they would be at E3 in a big way, so I wonder in what way exactly,since they don't have a shown of their own.

Simo

I wonder if MS or Sony get to announce it during E3, since Sony was the one that announced GTA 5 for the current gen for the first time. But that was a remaster, what we're getting now are brand new projects. Exciting times nonetheless.

Red Dead at MS conference: "Preorder the new Red Dead game now and get Red Dead Redemption which is backwards compatible starting right now!"

And of course, Agent at Sony's conference. lol

I think I'd prefer Bully 2, but I imagine RD3 is more plausible, which, if it is, eh. After loving Revolver so much, I found Redemption to not be "weird" enough for me, if that makes sense.

Red Dead at MS conference: "Preorder the new Red Dead game now and get Red Dead Redemption which is backwards compatible starting right now!"

And of course, Agent at Sony's conference. lol

I wonder if it still would be a Sony exclusive now. Are Take 2 willing to miss out on profit from Xbox One versions?

Menitta

I'm guessing it'll be before E3. They'll just release a trailer and at E3, they'll talk about it in detail at either MS's or Sony's conference.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Take this with a grain of salt, but famous leaker FunMW2, posted awhile ago on gtaforums in a spoiler, "Next game is a new Red Dead. Two new games scheduled for 2017."
Judging from his past leaks, most of them came to be true. I will find that post and source it. I assume he has sources from R* NYC with one of them being added on Skype.

Aside from this, I'm sure their next game is a new Red Dead. An announcement before E3, then perhaps a trailer at MS/Sony's press conference.

dosh

A spy game would mean that stealth is needed, and have you ever played a Rockstar game with decent stealth in it? I personally can't recall.
Well, for starters, I think you could probably do something quite different with a spy game. Something that doesn't rely entirely on stealth.

But to answer your question, Manhunt is the only example that comes to mind. Which doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to pull it off. After all, GTA gunfights are frequently criticised, but the same developer also released Max Payne 3, which offers some of the best gunfights in recent years.

Euron

I have no idea why people are hyped for Agent. As we know, the game is PS3 exclusive. Who the fuck wants to play a PS3 game in 2016?
I spent $400 on that thing in 2008 and I haven't been getting much use with it lately. It was supposed to have a 10 year life cycle and the last time I played a newly released game on it was 2014. SMH Sony you bunch of con artists.

Simo

I'm guessing it'll be before E3. They'll just release a trailer and at E3, they'll talk about it in detail at either MS's or Sony's conference.

Half expecting it to be on Game Informer's next cover to be honest similar to how Max Payne 3 was announced and the full blowout for GTAV when we knew very little. lol

If that happens it'd be right before E3 too.

Take this with a grain of salt, but famous leaker FunMW2, posted awhile ago on gtaforums in a spoiler, "Next game is a new Red Dead. Two new games scheduled for 2017."
Judging from his past leaks, most of them came to be true. I will find that post and source it. I assume he has sources from R* NYC with one of them being added on Skype.

Aside from this, I'm sure their next game is a new Red Dead. An announcement before E3, then perhaps a trailer at MS/Sony's press conference.

Two projects for 2017? Interesting. Wonder what it could be. Red Dead 3 is a given at this point, Agent could be happening or maybe actually another new IP? Way too early for a new GTA. Even though that wasn't the case with GTA 3 and VC. But those days are gone.

Probably not, still though would be interesting and funny for Sony to re-reveal it on their stage. lol

Yup. Man I can't wait!

Max Payne 4 please

Oh hell yeah. I'd love a new Max Payne, 3 was fantastic. But weren't its sales a bit disappointing? Well, for Rockstar's standards.

"Soon"

hqdefault.jpg

Let it go...its dead jim

Pretty sure its rdr from the leaks a few months back...also think something ms related considering they are sitting on rdr bc being released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom