• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games to reveal new projects "soon"

When will Rockstar's soon to be announced project be released?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Take this with a grain of salt, but famous leaker FunMW2, posted awhile ago on gtaforums in a spoiler, "Next game is a new Red Dead. Two new games scheduled for 2017."
Judging from his past leaks, most of them came to be true. I will find that post and source it. I assume he has sources from R* NYC with one of them being added on Skype.

Aside from this, I'm sure their next game is a new Red Dead. An announcement before E3, then perhaps a trailer at MS/Sony's press conference.

Found the post.

0bc77364ed7bf64ef3c38c10a92ce2d6.png

wish we'd get a GTA V and GTAO expansion where they add San Ferrio or Las Venturas to the existing San Andreas map. at this point, I don't even really want a new GTA VI that is 4-5 years out; rather just them keep building on the already awesome GTA V map, both expanding it north and east, and adding more content/detail to the existing maps (stores, activities, etc).

dreamfall

I think Red Dead 3 is going to be announced at the Microsoft conference- something with the BC of RDR.

All this is so damn exciting! So ready to be blown away!

If it's Agent, I will cheer to the high heavens.
If it's Noire 2, I will cheer to the high heavens.
If it's Bully 2, I will cheer to the high heavens.
If it's GTA V SP DLC (or the very, very unlikely event it's a brand new GTA game by itself), I will cheer to the high heavens.
If it's Red Dead, I will be indifferent to it (I don't think much of Red Dead Redemption - it's a well made game, but other than that, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

I'm sure we'll be happy if stuff gets announced at E3. I mean it's plural they said projects and that soon will obviously mean E3. So the fact we're likely getting multiple Rockstar game announcements in a month will be a big deal.

Rembrandt

Banned
I will of course buy whatever, but please give me a fucking remaster of The Warriors with online multiplayer.

Also Bully 2/Manhunt 3 before RDR 2 please.

I think Red Dead 3 is going to be announced at the Microsoft conference- something with the BC of RDR.

All this is so damn exciting! So ready to be blown away!

Very plausible, but on the other hand it could very well be at Sony's too. They clearly had a deal for GTA 5 last and current gen. Of course these things can easily change.

Rockstar's "soon" by the way can mean a lot of things. I remember when GTA 5 wasn't out yet for last gen and on their website they promised more news soon at one point and this was at a time that there barely were any V updates. I think it took a few months before any news even came, lol. I remember how pissed lots of folks on Gtaforums.com were, haha.

I think Rockstar is going to pull a Fallout 4 whenever they announce their next project. They generally suffer a delay or two, especially at the last minute, but I think they're going to hold off until they know for certain they're going to hit a date. I could easily see them releasing a game this year.

I think Rockstar is going to pull a Fallout 4 whenever they announce their next project. They generally suffer a delay or two, especially at the last minute, but I think they're going to hold off until they know for certain they're going to hit a date. I could easily see them releasing a game this year.
Lucky you, I don't. At all. Spring 2017 at it's earliest imo.

It'll probably be Spring 2017, but I don't think they're announcing shit until they're 6 months out regardless of when it comes out.

Rockstar's not exactly afraid of announcing a game early. GTA V came out 22 months after it was initially announced.

Hopefully that's not the case here, but an announcement 10-11 months before the game is slated to come out is right in their wheelhouse.

Disgraced

Red Dead is cool, but it'll have to be pretty fucking impressive for me to not be disappointed that it's not Bully 2 (which it assuredly won't be, don't worry Red Deaders).

It's just that Bully is a concept with so much more untapped potential, especially in Western (as in industry) games.

Rockstar's not exactly afraid of announcing a game early. GTA V came out 22 months after it was initially announced.

Hopefully that's not the case here, but an announcement 10-11 months before the game is slated to come out is right in their wheelhouse.

Yep, I really hope they are about to change that and go the Bethesda way or similar. Announce it and release it the same year, or at least a few months later but not like how they did for GTA 5.

I'd be happy with a (re)confirmation that the L.A. Noire i.p. isn't dead and that they intend to get a proper sequel to the game.

I'd be happy with a remaster as well. Can we also get Table Tennis as a PSN/XBLA game? :D

doofy102

I have a feeling that anything GTAV-related will be released this year.

But it also seems possible that what was rumoured to be the "Big GTAV DLC" is just the next GTA.

noomi

If rdr remaster happens or would become avialble on pc i would literally shit myself from happiness.

Compsiox

Banned
Notice they say future projects. Meaning at the time of announcement they may not even be in development yet.

The wait is gonna freaking suck!!

Disgraced

+

sWuj5bC.png

=

Bully 2: Mean Girls, please!
giphy.gif

I wanna play as a cigar-smokin', foul-mouthin', Bad Religion-listenin' skate punk chick and throw down with the jocks, cheerleaders, faculty, and other authority figures. I wanna stick it to the man. Kind of like Chloe from Life Is Strange.

qRE9keT.jpg

Or even better, like Mac from Brian K Vaughan's (Y: The Last Man, Saga) Paper Girls.

C07dPza.jpg

yPhgJxm.jpg

slSUB6c.jpg

Make it the same '80s teen setting too. Why not. With the attitude of Mean Girls of course.

Yes, around this time last gen GTA4 was already out.

But GTAV is still making so much, I can see why they ain't rushing.

Thats so odd, because GTA 6 would feel like it would be way too early. But that's of course because we had GTA 5 for current gen as well. GTA 6 won't be coming out anytime soon. It would surprise me if they actually do announce a new GTA next to Red Dead 3.

Hip Hop

Shouldn't there be a GTA6 by now?

I really think there is only gonna be one true next gen GTA this time around lol

unless Sony and Microsoft delay this generation with another refresh after this coming refresh.

I guess that strategy might work, seeing how GTA V has shipped 65 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom