• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Atlus to Localize Yakuza 5 in the West

hunterst

Neo Member
great news if true! All I want is

1. don't cut any contents out
2. no region-locking
3. no dub, or if have dub give us option to use JP voice.

tumblr_inline_mscr7wN8JO1qz4rgp.png

Yawnier

Banned
Just when I had lost hope for localization of this game for several months now too, this comes completely out of left field. lol

zod18

Banned
This would be awesome, I'd be okay with english texts and unchanged voice overs, just let me enjoy the game on my PS4.

Mr. X

Please be true! All I need is the text translated ;_;

SEGA already confirmed Ishin (PS4 title) to be getting a Western release didn't they?

Blueblur1

This is great news for Yakuza fans. It would be smart for folks to buy this product so we'd have Atlus do this kind of thing for Sega on a regular basis. I've never played a Yazuka game but I'd give it a shot.

stop it right there ! the way to get more games localized is not asking on forums, it's supporting the franchise. if anyone wants Ishin, buy Yakuza 5 first ! (and watch Takeshi Kitano's Outrage, awesome yakuza stuff, it will get you pumped up)

low, there will be a japanese dub

I will buy Yakuza 5 full price and then send flower to Atlus Europe.

God I really freaking hope so. Please let this be true, Yakuza 5 would be the first full price game I've bought since Yakuza 3 if it is.

As for dub.... Yakuza 1 had a good dub, but it would be really weird having 1 and 5 be dubbed but everything in between not. Just leave it as is.

Takaya Kuroda's voice also gives me the will to live, so either way they better not cut out the original voices.

Do people really not understand the highly specific set of circumstances that caused to lock P4A?

Doesn't matter what the circumstances were, still unforgivable.

Yakuza 3 was the first game I played in the series. I later bought 1, 4, and dead souls. Please let this come over!

Why'd you skip 2? Now you'll never be able to use your fists to beat up giant tigers in a golden palace that magically appears from the ground full of samurai.

Man that game really went places compared to the others.

Hopefully it's not just conjecture on the site's part.
I refuse to get on that hype train until we have something concrete.

Slashlen

If this is true, it would be incredible. Not just for Yakuza 5, but it would show what Sega plans to do with Atlus US. If Atlus US becomes a pipeline for the more niche Sega titles, it would mean we keep getting all of those Atlus titles and Sega stops holding great games back.

Now can Sony just buy Atlus? What happened to the whole purchasing situation months ago? DId Atlus decide to just stay solo?

8bit

Knows the Score
Why'd you skip 2? Now you'll never be able to use your fists to beat up giant tigers in a golden palace that magically appears from the ground full of samurai.

Man that game really went places compared to the others.

Yakuza 2 has Be My Baby, doesn't it? BEST MISSION.

Tohsaka

Read this in EGM the other day. I didn't really think it was thread-worthy given the accuracy of the Q-Mann rumors in the past. I really hope this is true, though, and that they don't ruin it with a dub if so.

As much as I hope this happens, it is extremely telling that a solid amount of people here are asking for more shit in addition to the localization

Pick your battles, guys

Dariso

Neo Member
Fuck yeah this needs to happen. Hopefully Sega will let Atlus handle all future localizations of Yakuza titles.Also don't waste money on a dub.

Top Bottom