• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: BG&E2: Odyssey is a Switch timed exclusive (12 months, then PS4/XB1/PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

That would be absolutely fantastic.

Of course I would rather it be available on all platforms out of the gate, but I'm sure many people would have no issue playing so many other great games in the interim till the game is available on their preferred platform.

AHA-Lambda

That's really shitty to leak this kind of deals at this point in time. Both for the devs and Nintendo.

Really??

giphy.gif

Bayonetta meltdowns incoming.

If it's timed? Lol no

If this is true then someone at Ubi must really HATE this game.

It is, of course, gonna bomb on the Switch. A year later no one will give a fuck and it will bomb on the PS4X1PC.

jackal27

Banned
Digital only on PS4XB1 implies that it's low budget actually. Sounds like Nintendo is taking a 20 dollar PSN game and propping it up as a AAA launch window title
????

Or Nintendo is willing to help publish a physical release of a game that Ubisoft doesn't want to take a big risk on.

I hope it is not a shared open world game
Ugh. You know it will be.

Unlock the towers like you've never seen before!

I would like to remind the people lamenting the game being on switch, and somehow having the scope or vision of a game they know nothing about being compromised:

You live in a world where bge2 is even allowed to exist. That's fucking crazy. Just be happy.

Something I find funny about folks being upset with the game being developed with the Switch in mind is that I really haven't played anything on my PS4 that couldn't have been done on a last gen console.

I don't mean in terms of visuals or frame rate mind you, just new gameplay systems and concepts enabled by enhanced hardware. I just haven't seen that this generation. Why would BGE2 be the game that changes that?

Not that Ubisoft would risk a full sized PS4 scale BGE2 in the first.

You havent seen new gameplay concepts because the console input is the same limiting dual stick pad since forever. The way you interact with games is far more important than hardware for new gameplay styles, which is sufficient for a while now.

DMONKUMA

I hate it being timed exclusive, either be full exclusive or not, but at least it's coming to other systems too if this whole thing is true.

18-Volt

So... 2019 on other platforms?

Showing a teaser this early is really mean. If I like what they'll show in 10 days, wait is going to be a huge pain.

Wow people complaining about a Nintendo system getting a game they wanted? At least it won't be Bayonetta 2 levels of salt since it's only timed exclusive, but I bet they'll be just as passive aggressive.

On topic, this is awesome. I kind of.wish they had HC BC figured out so they could release the original as well

Digital only on PS4XB1 implies that it's low budget actually. Sounds like Nintendo is taking a 20 dollar PSN game and propping it up as a AAA launch window title

Eh, we're seeing plenty of digital-only games hit at the $40 mark nowadays. I could see BG&E 2 not having a massive scale, but still feel like a substantial sequel.

If this is true then someone at Ubi must really HATE this game.

It is, of course, gonna bomb on the Switch. A year later no one will give a fuck and it will bomb on the PS4X1PC.
It's not going g to bomb on Switch.

Unless you expect it to sell million of copies which was never going to happen anyway.

Banned
Nintendo likely handling all manufacturing costs if they have retail exclusivity but not digital.

Plum

Story spoilers are a thing.

Marketing spoilers are not.

Then why was Microsoft's (and I think Ubisoft's) last E3 conference leaked in its entirety whilst Sony's was not despite the leakers having access to both? Marketing spoilers are a thing, knowing about Mother 3, BGaE2, etc beforehand will have people on here unimpressed when it's finally revealed. I can guarantee you there will be a bunch of "that's it?" posts after the conference from people who knew about most things from leaks beforehand.

RPGCrazied

But naw instead y'all complain its not on your favorite system......

Or people might be concerened at the launch titles of the Switch. Zelda? Getting it on Wii U. Not a big Mario fan, so unless there is a new Metroid, whats in it for me? Ports of games I already own on other systems? That isn't really enticing me.

The mental gymnastics people are doing for the sake of downplaying this and turning a game we know nothing about into low budget shit is fascinating

Or people might be concerened at the launch titles of the Switch. Zelda? Getting it on Wii U. Not a big Mario fan, so unless there is a new Metroid, whats in it for me? Ports of games I already own on other systems? That isn't really enticing me.

Right, people are shitting on Switch getting BG&E2 because of the completely unrelated rumored launch lineup. How is that even relevant?

Air

Banned
Man. Imagine how exciting and cool all of this stuff would be if it didn't leak beforehand.

Yeah, I'm kind of bummed out so much stuff has been leaked. I always like going into new console events blind, and now some of that luster is gone

The Boat

This notion that the game would somehow need the full powaaaa of PS4 to realize Ancel's vision is ridiculous. As if most games we're getting on PS4 are somehow bigger in scope or ambition than they were last gen, they basically just have shinier graphics.

Damn sounds like a budget title, that's a shame.

That's the thing, it actually doesn't sound low budget at all if you hear what Ancel has to say about it

"What is certain is that bge2 is a fantastic project. Space, planets, travelling at 15 000 km / h ... It's something crazy. All of this can run on current consoles, and it works. With this kind of project, we can show video gaming is some crazy stuff, that still has a bright future, ".

- The original project started in 2007, and was abandoned in 2009, at Michel Anciel's will. They started to work on it again in 2012-2013, and he feels like he still needs three to four years to finish it, but even then he's not sure.

- He call it a "fabulous project". It's really ambitious, but possible with the actual consoles.

- Something extremely important for him is the pace. If we're moving fast, but the background is large and well-paced, with discovery to make, then we won't get bored.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1317810

For Beyond Good and Evil 2, Ancel and his team wanted a focus on interplanetary travel. “Even on Beyond Good and Evil 1 it was supposed to have space travel and all these things but we were limited,” Ancel says. “The big thing that is really cool is that the consoles are now so powerful [...] The amount of memory the CPU has, you can do those things now. It's not 'Oh, we will never do it.' It's working.”

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/11/24/michel-ancel-on-beyond-good-evil-2-and-the-future-of-ubisoft

If there is confirmation the game would come to my preferred platform in a year that would put a damper on grabbing it on the Switch for myself. It being digital only is a bit weird though. Perhaps that is just in North America? Ubisoft does put out a decent amount of digital only games here on disc overseas.

Cyborg

exclusive footage..

tyQV39D.jpg

Hahah. Auch.

I dont get this from Ubisoft and Nintendo but heck I didnt get the Bayonetta deal either and if true I dont get this.

Bayonetta didnt save the WiiU, this wont do anything for the Switch as we know we all can play it a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom