• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Entire party system on XB1 being replaced, "may take up to a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Good move, even if it takes a while.

People act like it's fundamentally broken, though. It's not, but it is a pretty shitty system overall. It works and is serviceable but incredibly cluttered and hidden behind needless and seperated apps.

meh not worried I thought it was going to be horrendous with the previous news of it always crashing and such but i can see them fixing some stuff in small increments

Meia

So, yeah, um, nice going have a bad system up in place after paying probably a bit of money to get Titanfall exclusivity I guess.

Fixing it is the right thing to do. Not having it be bad when you're fronting a ton of cash for multiplayer exclusives would have been the smart thing to do.

QaaQer

We still haven't found out what the assstorm was?

the launch has been pretty craptastic. Microtransactions, party chat, no tv stuff outside of us, us tv voice stuff sucky, etc. If MS sticks it out through the generation, it will probably get fixed, though.

Giantbomb exposed 'em

Pretty much! After seeing that part during their stream, I was completely turned off of buying one. It was that damning. And the XB1 was my #1 choice(barely) before that day, I had one on the way and was going to geek out that weekend.

Alienous

If this is true, I'm impressed.

I can't imagine Microsoft doing something so radical, so soon. Or, more likely, it's a case of them finishing something they knew they couldn't at launch.

-PXG-

Party system in place is ass and a complete step backwards. I can't wait for the proper one to be released. Playing Ryse while in a party is a chore.

A year just sounds retarded, though. Does this guy get his info through a game of telephone or something?

Yes, this person making a game for the Xbox One is retarded and getting his info through a game of telephone. He does not know all of the things you know, like that he is retarded.

WTF?

Read the first article and tell me what he was wrong about.

nib95

Banned
If anything this looks good on Microsoft's part. It shows THEY ARE getting their **** together.

Erm, not good. Just better than outright bad. Really this should have been the case before the release of the console, not after. Especially when you compare it to the PS4 and even the 360.
Yes, this person making a game for the Xbox One is retarded and getting his info through a game of telephone. He does not know all of the things you know, like that he is retarded.

WTF?

I wouldn't bother. He prefers sticks to carrots.

the launch has been pretty craptastic. Microtransactions, party chat, no tv stuff outside of us, us tv voice stuff sucky, etc. If MS sticks it out through the generation, it will probably get fixed, though.

Well yeah, but Bishop made it seem like there was one specific thing that would fuck everything up based on his bunker comment, not a sum of a bunch of shitty things. Perhaps we were just reading too much into it?

simples

Banned
if it's not out by titanfall don't even bother releasing it

having it not fixed by the time of your biggest game will be the biggest fuck up MS will do and kill off the community before it even has a chance

Kyzer

Banned
damn im just not ready for their vision of the future its like trying to figure out God's master plans

mcrommert

Banned
I doubt its a whole new system...party just needs some new options and tunneling fixes and notifications need to be turned on (since they almost don't exist right now)...

Feorax

why would this take a year? for one of the largest software development companies in the world?

Probably because it's going to be built from scratch, they have to implement it directly into the OS, pull the current app out, make sure it works with all current games and engines, and ensure it's included in devkits for future releases.

jRevjVFCDcVHe.jpg

Hmmm... should have left Mort's name out of the thread title maybe. Poor guy is probably due another Xbot hatefest on Twitter as it is just by mentioning this. Prayin' for your soul Mort.

But yeah, as to the story... 180 on a design disaster? Xbone gonna Xbone.

UNCMark

Banned
A year? I call bullshit on this one.

Didn't this insider say party chat was crashing when moving from game to game as well?

Good news if the system ends up getting a complete overhaul, though.

Yes, the rumor was that it was broken. The rumor was false.

well, i would hope titanfall implements an in-game friend/lobby system like the CoD games have started doing. that would be a nice feature even if the ui was fixed by its release

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
People are not going to be willing to wait that long for a working OS. Look at Windows 8, a bad OS can destroy a platform. A year after launch is way to long to fix basic issues that should never have been broken in the first place. And this is going to destroy TitanFall/Destiny's popularity on Xbone too.

It's really just cockup after cockup in Redmond at the moment. Basic stuff that they should just have copied from last gen's blueprint, they managed to get utterly wrong.

It's a shame so many people bought them really, no incentive for them to improve if people will buy a half-finished product for $500.

WTF?

Way to put words into my mouth. I never said he was retarded. The idea of this taking a year is what I referring to.

God damn. PS3 was such a goddamn mess and 360 was so fucking great and they didn't learn from this shit?

It is so obvious that the key people that made 360 amazing are gone.

PS4 is truly the 360 successor.

Pretty much! After seeing that part during their stream, I was completely turned off of buying one. It was that damning. And the XB1 was my #1 choice(barely) before that day, I had one on the way and was going to geek out that weekend.

anyone get a link to that show?

Prine

Banned
Its not broken its just a step back. Broken would mean the system crashes because it "breaks".

Anyway good to hear, i dont know what bright spark thought the current implementation would be ok. Its not as disastrous as the drama queens are crying about, but not as seamless as before.

nib95

Banned
Can someone explain what's wrong with the party system right now?

http://www.edge-online.com/features/xbox-why-the-baffling-incompetence-of-the-xbox-one-interface/

Edge said:
The party system, another former highlight, is similarly broken. It now insists on inviting every member to each game launched. The Friends list, which also grinds ponderously to life where previously it was available instantly from the Guide menu, doesn’t show if people are in parties, gives no option to join them and no longer shows the biographical detail that enabled you to identify people. It not only fails to match Sony’s smart Real Name feature but actually takes a step backwards from its implementation on 360.

Also doesn't show when people come online (without using snap feature) among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom