• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2434006-0805120221-al-pa.gif

This is probably true.. Damn I'm sad.

There's like a month left?
Seems odd to delay it 3 more months after the release date. That's a lot more time needed to polish.

Hopefully this isn't related to the season pass at all.

Ketaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF-g6YVSoLA

The fact there is no mention of the release date in the new World of Wonder trailer... That delay may be true. It is mentionned in the description, but they can edit that.

Last weeks Shimomura interview had it in the video. If they have sent out store assets already they would have known it back then as well I imagine.

No.... just no. I lost count of how many times it was delayed. You don't fucking make a huge event to announce the release date and then delay it. Get the fuck out.

Technically it would be the first official delay.

samred

I may have just won a huge bet.

I played this at a pre-E3 event for Judge's Week and wrote about my experiences, and the piece concluded with the following:

In really, really bad news, my demo crashed. A lot. In fact, I couldn't complete the game's first chapter due to a bug so crippling that my game hard-locked in a way that kept popping up when my system was restarted. As a result, I'm laying down a bet: if Final Fantasy XV makes its late-September launch date without a constant stream of game-breaking bugs, I will record myself eating... something gross (readers will be able to choose in a poll). That is how confident I am that Final Fantasy XV will not launch both on time and optimized.

I really didn't want to eat something gross. Thanks, Squeenix.

There's like a month left?
Seems odd to delay it 3 more months after the release date. That's a lot more time needed to polish.

Hopefully this isn't related to the season pass at all.
Doesn't make sense for them to delay a game for DLC that's coming AFTER the release anyway.

0e3.png

I want this game to be as polished as it can be. And honestly I've been waiting 10 years, because the day it was announced in 2006 I thought it sounded incredible and it was my most wanted game - what's another 2 months? Wouldn't I rather have the game I've been dreaming of rather than fall down right at the finish line?

I will be extra not-pissed if part of this delay involves a PS4K patch that makes it even more purty and 60fps-like.

rikucrafter

Neo Member
The "it's been 10 years what's two more months" is such bullshit. I feel physically ill. I don't know how much more I can take.

K.Sabot

naaah they can't

the way they showed that date at the uncovered event, the reason WHY they had the uncovered event

no way

Jarmel

Banned
Well it's impossible to say without being on the dev team how much more time this game needs but I would be fine with a delay into early 2017 if that's what they need.

Granjinha

i don't really care about the delay but this is fucking embarrasing lol

the development on this must be such a huge disaster

i'm betting KH3 is next on the line of fucked up developments

Ketaya

I just want to mentian again that this would be a switch from Friday to Tuesday release. Not impossible, but I would find it more likely to stay at the same day of the week, like November 25th or something.

Boke1879

The "it's been 10 years what's two more months" is such bullshit. I feel physically ill. I don't know how much more I can take.

It's not bullshit because I can wait and I'll have to if this is true, and I'm all for it if the product is better. Sure it would be awesome if the game came out in September and worked flawlessly. But if this rumor is true that just won't be the case and then you'd be complaining that your experience was ruined by gamebreaking bugs and poor performance.

The game will never come out. It will always be delayed a few months... until the end of time. Like watching it pass the even horizon of a black hole, it'll always be just ahead of us, but out of reach before it is red shifted to nothing and cancelled.

AsakuraZ

So close to finals? Man I won't be able to really enjoy it till mid December then.

At least I can give SMTIVA my full attention.

Idk what they're dancing about I should be playing Persona V English version in 2015 by that logic it should have been in 2016 because a delay should have been for technical purposes...
Screw you John! Lol

I'm sure Atlus Japan is rejoicing.

This is good thing really. The game needed polish and now both Persona 5 releases are away from FFXV. Both will do fine without having to go at each other's throat.

I mean it would have only hurt Persona's sales to be in that window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom