• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciortino

Wr6oTiS.gif
Lmao. This is great.

Jarmel

Banned
This isn't a big deal. There's plenty of other games to play. Like DQ7, World of FF and of course my most anticipated Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.4. Waiting longer for a potentially better product should bother no one.

My question I guess is how much can they actually do in two months?

If it needs more time, fine. I'd hate to see it pushed to next year though. On the plus side, I'll be able to play Dragon Quest VII at release now.

jett

D-Member
Maybe they're prepping a Neo version.

This would be an embarrassing delay to be honest after holding an entire event to announce it.

This is only a good thing, though I think they need more than two additional months. Delay it to 2017.

Delay it until Tabata gets fired and Nomura gets re-hired!

ar4757

I doubt that this is the case. Since Atlus USA wasn't even able to show a localized build at E3, I believe that they haven't been able to start the localization process early enough for a timely release in the West.

yeah I suppose considering FFXV's 'release date' wasn't announced until, what, April? that it didn't affect the localization. If Atlus helped localize Sega games like 7th Dragon (not sure if they did) then I guess that's more to blame than anything. Or... Atlus JP didn't give them the game sooner

Whompa02

This isn't a big deal. There's plenty of other games to play. Like DQ7, World of FF and of course my most anticipated Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.4. Waiting longer for a potentially better product should bother no one.

This so much this.

Plus I'll be so busy with Deus Ex and anything else in the meantime.

This is a good thing.

But a new trailer came out today, and it still has September 30th in the description, I doubt they'd let their promotional materials remain outdated, I kinda trust this more than "Some guy at Gamestop saw something but I have no actual photographic evidence"
That is weird but square is weird

B.K.

At this point, I don't even care. They can delay it another year or two if they want. I'm expecting it to be a horrible game, no matter how long it takes.

I really need to give XIV a try. I think I finally have a system that can run it.

Ketaya

I mean, it might mean nothing, but everything they released TODAY still has the old date.
I doubt they would do that when the delay has been decided already.
I also started to see bigger ads for it on some websites today.

So pretty much a month before the beginning of the new year? I'm not even surprised if it actually ends up being true. So annoying, but yet so Square-Enix.

But a new trailer came out today, and it still has September 30th in the description, I doubt they'd let their promotional materials remain outdated, I kinda trust this more than "Some guy at Gamestop saw something but I have no actual photographic evidence"

Square-Enix can't communicate between employees working on the same game properly. The overseas intern who tossed this up was probably at the bottom of the list.

Setting improper expectations bothers me.

Under-promise, over-deliver.

Asd202

I mean, it might mean nothing, but everything the released TODAY still has the old date.
I doubt they would do that when the delay has been decided already.
I also started to see bigger ads for it on some websites today.

To be fair if it was any other company I would agree with you but it's SE anything could happen...

Servbot24

Banned
One month is not enough time to "polish up" a game, unless there's a specific bug they absolutely need to fix or something like that.

edit: I can't math.

straylize

I'm not at all sold on this after the event hullabaloo and materials being released today that indicate the date hasn't changed. Kind of sounds like someone is stirring the pot because they know people will believe it.

...Not that I'd be surprised if it turns out to be true given how things tend to go, but ehhh.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
i won't complain, delays are never a bad thing

(unless its for some pointless online feature i couldn't care less about)

I'm a lapsed FF fan, the sharp decline in quality has driven me away and I was pretty interested in trying it next month.

But right next to Pokemon? They must be crazy. At that point I'll have a guaranteed RPG fix and won't be looking for a gamble. Not to mention there are a wealth of high profile titles available at that point I'm more interested in

I know I'm not alone. September was an important month for them to hit and get mainstream attention.

RangerBAD

Do you care nothing about M_Night's sanity?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom