• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketaya

Well, September 30th is a Friday. November 29th is a Tuesday. So that would be a weird change.
Also, just today they published a press release featuring the September date. Would they really do that if they already decided to delay it just days later?

Yeul is FFXV's release date

tumblr_n06568ZMuD1r3wu0uo1_500.gif
tumblr_n06568ZMuD1r3wu0uo2_250.gif
tumblr_n06568ZMuD1r3wu0uo3_250.gif
tumblr_n06568ZMuD1r3wu0uo4_250.gif

I've been thinking about this game SO MUCH since they announced the release date. It is my most anticipated title of the year by far. I know it will only make the game better but I really wanted to play it, soon.

paolo11

If they delay to optimize the game like stable 30fps 1080p, so be it. I'll accept the delay. No problem. Needed time to save up the UCE anyway haha

Also, NEO patch please...

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
No Man's Sky rocky launch and feedback has them shook.

In all seriousness though when it finally comes out I hope there are nearly zero issues with framerate or glitches. It would be a shame to have a product so long in the making have troubles after its launch.

Asd202

It means the game requires a Neo mode at that point and of course we're going to assume the game would run/look a bit better on that.

But the delay is for polish of the original PS4/Xbone code. You really think in that time there also going to make a Neo mode at a level people are expecting?

chefbags

I went to the march event and to hear this fucking sucks. Delays are good for sure but man does it take away your soul for this game if true.

I've been thinking its weird that the marketing is so low for something that's supposedly coming out next month. Now I see why.

Don't worry, years of trash Final Fantasy games will make people forget that XV is coming out. Persona doesn't even need to be good to accomplish that small feat.

Trash to you, perhaps, but for my money the only "recent" mainline Final Fantasy games I've been disappointed by are XII (willing to give it another shot with The Zodiac Age, though!) and Lightning Returns. X is my favorite game in the series, X-2 was a fun breath of fresh air for the franchise, and I had an absolute blast with both XIII and XIII-2 and would replay them in a second if I had the time.

Bring on XV, I say. I have every reason to be hyped for it considering Square never really lost a step for me. :)

Honestly, I just want off this ride now. I want the game to be out, for it to be decent and I want to see what Square puts out next (if anything. Seems like a lot is riding on this). It's been ten years since we first saw the concept and they've been all over the place with it for the entire time. I'm bored of it. I'm bored of a game that hasn't even come out yet.

AHK_Hero

Guess the ticker predicted the future.

CpsiVJgVUAEsD5N.jpg

How could they host a huge marketing event like "Uncovered" if they weren't absolutely sure they could make the date?

The release of the Anime, Movie and Mobile game all seemed to be timed perfectly to lead up to and get people excited for the launch.

Someone please tell me this isn't happening...

Boke1879

No Man's Sky rocky launch and feedback has them shook.

In all seriousness though when it finally comes out I hope there are nearly zero issues with framerate or glitches. It would be a shame to have a product so long in the making have troubles after its launch.

IF this delay is true then I'm glad they are doing this. Because you're right. A game that many have been waiting on for so long. It would be horrible to have the experience marred by dipping framerates, bad image quality and glitches/bugs. Hell I waited 10 years I can wait a few more months.

Delays escape NO one this gen. It can only mean a better product.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Guess the ticker predicted the future.

CpsiVJgVUAEsD5N.jpg

DAMN... Well, they weren't really lying then.

At first they told the truth - then they lied.

Now they will be telling the truth again.

Styles

Just realised that Pokemon S&M will be released the week prior to the new rumoured date. Move FFXV to 2017, fat. I am not having it bombarding my Sun playthrough.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This isn't a big deal. There's plenty of other games to play. Like DQ7, World of FF and of course my most anticipated Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.4. Waiting longer for a potentially better product should bother no one.

Elios83

I wouldn't be surprised, didn't Tabata say that he would have been more comfortable with a November release date?
The delays sucks because september was the perfect timing for me.
Only positive is that by the time this is released we'll be able to play it first on Neo.

External release dates for games should probably stop existing tbh

Reveal it, fine, but don't attach a date to it unless it's literally 3 months away a la Fallout 4.

Renmyra

Doubt it, tbh. Not after that reveal event. Also never heard of that site.

Won't say no to a Neo release if true, though.

Koozek

I'm really torn: on the one hand September 30 would've been absolutely perfect for me because my last exam is 3 days before and I would have two weeks of free time afterwards, but on the other hand I've been hoping that the Neo would come before FFXV so I could get that instead of the normal one just to resell it a few weeks later. Guess, now I could get my wish. It's funny, I don't know how to feel, right now.

Well, I already said a few weeks ago that if they really felt like they need another two months for another round of polish, they should absolutely do it. In the grand scheme of things two months won't matter if the game's good in the end. See Uncharted 4 with its three delays.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
But a new trailer came out today, and it still has September 30th in the description, I doubt they'd let their promotional materials remain outdated, I kinda trust this more than "Some guy at Gamestop saw something but I have no actual photographic evidence"

Byvar

Hmm, I wanted it to be released in September just to have the waiting finally end.
But for the game itself, a delay actually sounds really good. Let them delay it if it allows them to create a better game. I have enough good games to play until then. Although with KH2.8 coming immediately after that and then all the other JRPGs in 2017, I can wait until 2018 too. :p

Samimista

I gotta say, I really thought the date was concrete after having that ridiculous event in LA. This is my most looked forward to game, so I'll be disappointed if true.

Same here.

I can understand why they'd delay it, but I'll be a bit bummed out if this is true.

Boke1879

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't at this point imo

They gotta move on

Nah. This game is clearly a big deal to them and if this delay is true I'm glad they are treating it as such and not just throwing it out there and hoping to sell on brand name alone. They want this to be good and seriously the main thing they can control right now is how the game performs. You don't want the experience dragged down because of low framerate, glitches and bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom