• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyramidbread

Neo Member
Lmao imagine if this is a purely western delay!!!

Edit: said it as a joke but now truly horrified at this bein reality if it happens! :(

"Hi Gamescom, I'm sure you have heard the rumors about the delay, well... they're not true! Only the western version of the game will be delayed, please be excited.... bye!"

Tyaren

I need to go back and look at lighting from older footage. I don't know what it is about the flatter lighting but the game looks really "sterile" to me now (for lack of a better word).

That is actually something I am agreeing with and that I am worried about. In Duscae the lighting felt a lot more natural and the world and models had more plasticity to them. Since Platinum Demo everything feels a lot more flat. Partly overexposed in sunlight.
But again...this is certainly not a problem that can be fixed in two months delay. It's a decision they made during development that actually helped performance in other cases.

"Hi Gamescom, I'm sure you have heard the rumors about the delay, well... they're not true! Only the western version of the game will be delayed.... bye!"

"Please be excited for the new release date! (That we'll announce eventually). Thanks!"

Never miss the "pls be excited", never o.o

Toth

Final Fantasy XV is still dated for September 30th at stores in Japan. No plans to change the release date.

https://twitter.com/horuhejp/status/765027433460400128

Interesting but yeah, they wouldn't change the date yet until an official statement. A western delay only....that would be horrible though :(

The sad thing is if this delay news is truly false and the game is not as optimized as it could be at launch, how many people will come out and say, "They should have delayed it two more months to polish it!"

wmlk

That is actually something I am agreeing with and that I am worried about. In Duscae the lighting felt a lot more natural and the world and models had more plasticity to them. Since Platinum Demo everything feels a lot more flat. Partly overexposed in sunlight.
But again...this is certainly not a problem that can be fixed in two months delay. It's a decision they made during development that actually helped performance in other cases.

Lighting in Platinum Demo is generally fantastic.

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6c3WB9_aCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5VUTNgb7GY

I thought everyone was joking. But than again maybe everyone Are still in the different stages of grief lol

I'm in the stage that the only thing I want at the moment is the new trailer =p

We're at the bargaining stage mate.

Stage 3.

Keep up.

A western delay only would be like the worst plot twist possible.

How many more hours until Gamescom o clock?

I think Gamescon starts only on wednesday.

DeSolos

If it really does still release here on 9/30 I'm going to avoid game shops like the plague till its out in the states(what I'm doing for P5 as well). My Japanese is too garbage right now for an RPG... :(

horuhe

Interesting but yeah, they wouldn't change the date yet until an official statement. A western delay only....that would be horrible though :(

Well, delaying games in Japan is not common. Rarely times, when the game hasn't reached the pre-orders needed, is delayed, as in the case of Uppers.

We are talking about only six weeks before the launch, and adverts had been huge at Sofmap Akiba.

Tyaren

Lighting in Platinum Demo is generally fantastic.

It did change though. I have not time to make comparison shots in Duscae and Platinum Demo at different times of day but yeah, it did change. It's not fully gobal illuminated anymore and they scrapped a few other lighting effects.

Here's great footage of the lighting in different times of day including weather change. It is pretty recent too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYryrG6_ugU

Lighting is different from Duscae...but it still looks good and certainly not worse than in other open-world games.

chefbags

Well, delaying games in Japan is not common. Rarely times, when the game hasn't reached the pre-orders needed, is delayed, as in the case of Uppers.

We are talking about only six weeks before the launch, and adverts had been huge at Sofmap Akiba.

Again, if delayed everywhere, I'd like to see how big of a sticker its gonna take to cover that date on that building lol.

I thought nothing would be better than a ten year announcement-to-release date

but then I get teased with the prospect of eleven years

I have to root for that

koutoru

I honestly expected like 75gb considering all the animations of this game lol. But with patches I think it'll hit close to that number.
Don't forget to include additional voice acting depending on which language you want to listen to.

IIRC for FFXIII on steam ended up being 60gb because of the Japanese voice acting being included with the game. This ended up doubling the cut scenes included in the game as well, one set for each language.

Arkeband

Banned
I honestly expected like 75gb considering all the animations of this game lol. But with patches I think it'll hit close to that number.

Animations aren't really assets, they're just instructions for the model. The biggest footprint will be textures, voice acting, music, etc.

HeelPower

Persona fans usually get the better game in the end :)

The persona games have glaring,gaping issues and weaknesses.

Let's not forget that the last proper persona game came nearly a decade ago.Persona 5's development has undoubtedly been incredibly messy and problematic.

They sure took their sweet time so it better improve on the gameplay problems that the series suffers from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom