• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I sometimes wonder what some of you actually dress like in real life.

Its like an entire subsection of you are obilvious to not only popular culture, but anyone who doesn't look they are best friends with comic book guy.

Loxley

I'm not American so I probably don't get it but what's with the "douche" thing? How do you define a douche? I always thought for Americans a douche is someone that is also threatening/bullying, a menace.

How is this hipster guy from the front page menacing/bully type? Do I not grasp the concept of being a douche?

I wouldn't read too much into it. "Hipster" has lost all meaning in the internet lexicon. It used to refer to a specific jokey sub-culture where folks wear skinny jeans, suspenders/thrift shop v-neck t-shirts with a Snidely Whiplash mustache, thick-rimmed glasses, shop at Whole Foods, hang around in dive-bars and are ironically into vinyl because it's "retro".

But these days "hipster" is just shorthand for "Young person who's style of dress I don't approve of".

I wouldn't read too much into it. "Hipster" has lost all meaning in the internet lexicon. It used to refer to a specific jokey sub-culture where folks wear skinny jeans, suspenders/thrift shop v-neck t-shirts with a Snidely Whiplash mustache, thick-rimmed glasses, shop at Whole Foods, hang around in dive-bars and are ironically into vinyl because it's "retro".

But these days "hipster" is just shorthand for "Young person who's style of dress I don't approve of".

Yeah. this is what we call a hipster by the classic definition
images

rdytoroll

I just don't get it man. This dude looks like a douche, same with Aiden Pearce. Why not give us a badass female protoganist? I think you could do a lot of interesting things with that. This is just disappointing

Like I said the only thing killing the whole outfit is that 2005 big ass hat and the bandana....

You distress his jeans and make his jacket a little bit bigger give him a fishermans hat and give him a loose shirt and you got your typical southern Cali 20 year old(idk if the fashion up north is that much different)

Definitely like this character design more compared to Aiden's. Looks a lot less out of place for the type of world they're trying to set up.

Why do every Ubi protagonist have a sling bag? Serious question.

Because every one of their characters seem to only serve to sell tshirts/hoodies/bags

I don't understand who would ever buy any of these things, but they keep making them so someone is.

Was it decided in a board room meeting that they all need to wear a douchey cap and a bandana around their mouths? Not even an ironic t shirt smh

Just like how every assassin's creed protagonist needs to wear a hood.
What's douchey about the cap tho? It's just a cap.

I like the character design. No one dresses like Aiden Pierce in real life. This guy looks more realistic, sans bandanna.

I dunno why, but I'm alright with this.

Am I an idiot, or does he look Asian?

Going off the dude's instagram, he's black.

KJRS_1993

Was it decided in a board room meeting that they all need to wear a douchey cap and a bandana around their mouths? Not even an ironic t shirt smh

I would buy three copies of this game if they put him in a t-shirt saying either "I can haz cheeseburger", or "u mad bro?". That would be simultaneously the best and worst thing I'd have seen in my life.

UberLevi

I, for one, am shocked and appalled that a youthful hipster is the protagonist of a game centered around hacking other devices with a smart phone.

DedValve

Banned
I would buy three copies of this game if they put him in a t-shirt saying either "I can haz cheeseburger", or "u mad bro?". That would be simultaneously the best and worst thing I'd have seen in my life.

Oh please put Hillary Meme shirts in this game.

Yaaaaas Queen SLAY! needs to also be in.

THEN you'll actually have an iconic piece of clothing at least. Or something close to iconic.

Seems to me that this is an avatar more than an actual protagonist. Maybe we'll be able to play as our own unique hacker in WD2.

Seems to me that this is an avatar more than an actual protagonist. Maybe we'll be able to play as our own unique hacker in WD2.

I was thinking that at first but it would be hard for Ubi to pull it off with cutscenes and voice acting.

-

We all agree the guy is black right?

DedValve

Banned
In what way? Jeans, jacket, t-shirt, and cap?

I'm gonna say the scarf mask but I have seen people walk around with actual doctors mask in the city so *shrugs*

I still feel that Aiden is directly responsible for all this hate on the thread. Was he that bad lol?

sappyday

He doesn't look terrible especially considering how bad Aiden was. Not anything unique but we haven't seen his personality or traits to really be able to judge him. If he's boring then he'll just fall in line with all the other boring main protags Ubi has made.

Top Bottom