• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hate this trend where video game characters have to be "super believable", "realistic", and "hip". Stop this. Now. People play video games and watch movies to escape the boring, everyday elements of reality.

The biggest grossing box office movies are about freaking super heroes these days. That should clue them off.

How are designers so behind the curve on this stuff?

Avixph

I hate this trend where video game characters have to be "super believable", "realistic", and "hip". Stop this. Now. People play video games and watch movies to escape the boring, everyday elements of reality.

The biggest grossing box office movies are about freaking super heroes these days. That should clue them off.

Not to be condescending, but how would you like these characters to look like? A bit whimsical? Fantastical? Cartoony? Please explain or post a picture of how you would like them to look like.

Coffinhal

There are other movies than Star Wars and Superheroes:The Big Battle 2 ; and other games than your next AAA with big guns. These may be not the movies you watch and the video games you play, but they exist and others watch them an play them. So yeah, stop this, now, and if I may, get yourself a more solid culture. Some classic literature would do some good too. Then you can come back and make patronizing posts about how people should do things the way you'd like to.

Some Nobody

It's not that I don't see where you're coming from. It's not even that I don't semi agree. But I don't want a super colorful protagonist for a game set in a pseudo-cyberpunk world like Watch_Dogs.

When I want unrealistic characters I'll play Tales of Berseria, or Dragon Age: Inquisition.

haha_o_h_why.jpg

Looks like someone pressed random in character creation...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Honestly, if you didn't say that it could be the protagonist, I would have thought it was concept art for a random Thug enemy in the game.

Top Bottom