• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

We did and it was Jungle Beat. Call me crazy but I compare that game to Other M in a way. Neither game had bad gameplay but the story is what was messed up about these games. Of course Jungle Beat is a platformer and some people don't care about story in that, but Koizumi was gonna retcon everyone but DK if that game sold well. As a fan of the Kong Family this was concerning to me.

Right now Metroid fans are going through what DK fans did from 2002 to 2010 and it does suck. Metroid does deserve some love! I'm just hoping Retro is expanded so they can work on two projects at once.

What am I reading!? A) "but that Donkey Kong game has a disappointing story" said no one, ever B) Jungle Beat RULES, Bongos or Wii version. I liked it better than DKCR.

Oersted

900p is not a spec. The only time someone says "900p" as a defining value is when referring to a screen resolution. There is no "all games run at 900p/60FPS" spec, its a nonsensical statement because games run at whatever resolution and frame-rate they are coded and built for. You can *target* a resolution and framerate but there is no "gameplay graphics at 900p/60FPS".

Not many in this thread understand this basic apparently.

Not many in this thread understand this basic apparently.

That's asking too much of some people who come into these treads. Usual suspects who post once being upset at something they're not even going to buy and then leave.

See above a few posts. Lol Jesus Christ.

Elios83

The sooner Nintendo fans give up with the idea of a really powerful Nintendo box and the better will be for their feelings. They just can't afford to sell high tech hardware at a loss and raw power doesn't mean winning on the market, third party support is FAR more important.
If the rumor is true it's clear they're targeting XB1 like specs and to me that's pretty realistic.

You are post 900.

giphy.gif

Vandiger

Smart, because the utter failure that was the Wii taught us one thing - Resolution matters!

They caught lightning in a bottle with motion controls and the nigh perfect party game in Wii Sports? Ok, NX will be the new Wii, go believe whatever.

maxcriden

People really shouldn't expect the NX to be more powerful than a PS4 lol

Definitely not. Especially if rumors regarding a low price point are true.

The sooner Nintendo fans give up with the idea of a really powerful Nintendo box and the better will be for their feelings. They just can't afford to sell high tech hardware at a loss and raw power doesn't mean winning on the market, third party support is FAR more important.
If the rumor is true it's clear they're targeting XB1 like specs and to me that's pretty realistic.

I agree with the first point. 3P support though, as important as it is, is unlikely to come from the West with NX at launch, based on rumors and based on a reasonable read of the market.

As to XB1 specs. I think Nintendo fans have proven (myself included) that sub-XB1 is plenty powerful to us. Nintendo has minimal chance to appeal to the "hardcore" PS/X games. They will go for a new blue ocean and that's probably their best bet.

Its real, I had the same survey.

The survey can be real without the specs itself being real and not just speculative.

cmChimera

I think this is fake, but the reactions to 900p bullet point have been hilarious.

IF this was real, do you really think a developer couldn't choose whatever native resolution/framerate combo they wanted?

Eolz

Didn't really want to say that, but I'm not surprised another misleading NX rumor comes from Tamaki.
Didn't need to crop out the page, nor to avoid saying it's just speculation from gfk.

"Exclusive game franchises featuring Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and more"
can't spell Metroid without more. coincidence? doubt it.

You clever, clever roach....

Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong are some of Ninty's oldest series... They're Retro.

We're getting a new Metroid made by Retro, y'all!

CronoShot

900p 60fps makes no sense. Resolution and framerate depends entirely on the game and the developers.

Besides, Smash is already 1080p 60fps on Wii U.

So...huh?

GlamFM

Banned
I am convinced this thread will have at least nine hundred "900p" posts in it soon enough. I wonder if the handheld display is 900p as well. Now that would be insane.

Ironically your post was #900 in this thread - so I think we´re there ;)

Ashler

I trust that Nintendo would not make a mistake like 900p in their next home console, hopefully that is the resolution of the handheld.

Having said that, if it is 900p for the console, no thanks!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Didn't really want to say that, but I'm not surprised another misleading NX rumor comes from Tamaki.
Didn't need to crop out the page, nor to avoid saying it's just speculation from gfk.

I know he said he cropped the page to preserve anonimity, but I need to know if he cropped it to the point to edit out what another user said, i.e. this being about most heard Internet rumours on NX. I've yet to see confirmation on the matter.

Kimawolf

sounds like a nice screen resolution for their handheld to me. and a console which can display 4k Video. pretty decent combo.

900p 60fps makes no sense. Resolution and framerate depends entirely on the game and the developers.

Besides, Smash is already 1080p 60fps on Wii U.

So...huh?

Indeed it doesn't make any sense and it's all likely fake. Why would it say 900p "graphics" and 4k streaming? As you said it's entirely on the developers for that output, 900p wouldn't be the limitation especially seeming at pretty much everything with HDMI can output 1080p. Even the PS TV can do 1080i.

maxcriden

We don't even know what it is.

You're right. We absolutely don't. But expecting Nintendo to release a console (and we know it's at least one dedicated games machine coming, and likely a console and handheld) that is as powerful as the PS4 is expecting something that runs counter to every reasonable rumor and sourced bit of info we have. Nintendo is rumored to look to sell NX at a relatively low price point. We know the console and handheld will almost certainly be part of a family of systems (likely meaning a shared OS and mostly and entirely shared library of games). Ergo, it's unlikely it will be more powerful than PS4.

Same fidelity 900/60 requires a more powerful machine than 1080/30. This is why "lol 900" means nothing, because it tells us nothing (on top of meaning nothing in the context it is used within here).

900/60 is silly. I agree. It tells us absolutely nothing, as I said upthread. As Cronoshot said above, resolution and specs depend entirely on framerate. PS4 can run 1080/60, right? I'm sure NX console is more powerful than a Wii U...but less than a PS4.

They're still trying to nail down the price and other features are still in flux. There's more to the survey.

What else does the survey say? Can I see it somewhere? And...who is they? Nintendo or the market research firm? Or both?

This is obviously a typo, it's supposed to be 9000p/600fps

I also have sources (my dog) that have confirmed all the dev kits are required to be plugged into two potatoes duct taped together in a glass of lemon juice. They're trying to bypass the potatoes on the consumer model though. Give me a couple of days and I'll work up an insider memo for everyone...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
But if it is really low powered, then the handheld won't even need to be a scaled down version of the home console - it could literally be the same but in a different box (maybe with the home version having the whole 4K thing for netflix etc)

Why is 900p/60 a problem? I assume that would be what Nintendo's first party studios shoot for, but potential third parties would probably go for 1080p/30. Star Wars Battlefront is 900p/60 on ps4 with nice visuals, yet most games on ps4 are at least 1080p/30. If it can do 900p/60, it can probably do 1080p/30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom