• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

sephiroth7x

Just being able to put things in folders and then delete what I don't want from the system (God damn share factory) would be a start. I loved the customisation of the PS3 and how I could have my own backgrounds etc and themes...

Would be nice to have that back but folders would be a terrific start!

Just being able to put things in folders and then delete what I don't want from the system (God damn share factory) would be a start. I loved the customisation of the PS3 and how I could have my own backgrounds etc and themes...

Would be nice to have that back but folders would be a terrific start!
I'm pretty sure that I was able to delete that. I'll have to double check that later, though.

On Demand

Banned
The most important thing to me is that the notifications show up on the left. Which the PS4 was recently updated to do. Surely someone isn't that detailed to remember that?

The most important thing to me is that the notifications show up on the left. Which the PS4 was recently updated to do. Surely someone isn't that detailed to remember that?

I think the most important thing is 'Will Walker'. Who would remember a name used in a few UI videos leading up to the Ps4's launch? Pretty damn obscure.

Hexa

Videos can easily be faked, and made to seem incredibly real. For example this one for PS3.
It looks pretty damn real. They even put in things like trophies being really slow which we've all come to expect. The PS4 one looks even better but I am sure a more competent designer putting more effort could accomplish that.

Now this thread seems to be the first one of these for the PS4, but its only been on the market for less than a year. They have to start somewhere.

LAA

Not sure if anyone noticed, but..

01-GsOdp4A.jpg

You notice on Killzone it has the parental icon on the bottom left? Which seems enough to discredit it already, but to push it even more.

The icon disappears here.

I think its most likely fake now at this point, but I want to believe Sony is at least doing something similar to this...please... They've been working on it for a year, surely we'll get something big...right..?

drotahorror

Nice investigating there LAA. That does seem like a pretty big oversight from the person that did the mock up, especially when they were so careful with everything else.

jwtsonga

Okay so it's probably fake, but let's hope a Sony person is reading the thread and getting some ideas to improve the barebones OS they have atm.

VanWinkle

Not sure if anyone noticed, but..

You notice on Killzone it has the parental icon on the bottom left? Which seems enough to discredit it already, but to push it even more.

The icon disappears here.

I think its most likely fake now at this point, but I want to believe Sony is at least doing something similar to this...please... They've been working on it for a year, surely we'll get something big...right..?

Was brought up two or three pages into the thread and discussed quite a bit. But, yeah.

@Wreck

mock ups huh?

well everybody inhale exhale

do them all the time for my company

until you see it on the console not real

unnecessarily bumping a thread, getting people excited for potential news.

My bad, im sorry.

just wondering why the title got changed from fake to Rumor, i didnt wanna be the dude who shatters dreams.

i guess the dude underneath me is an example of what i have done.

Dante316

Im not sure it belongs here but I was checking my pre-order games and noticed I had to checkmark them to automatic download. For example madden had a box to checkmark to automatic download. I thought it was gnna download wih just pre-order or was the extra step always there?

Top Bottom