• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: NX controller supports Wii-like motion control and force-feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmoka

Banned
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the language so I can't tell for sure when the tweet is from - is it from today?

The interface is in Basque.
It was posted last night, at 02:21am CET, about 13:20 hours ago. I think it was about 05:21pm yesterday in the West Coast when posted.

maxcriden

Technically yesterday.

It's basque, it says 15 of september 2016 2am

The interface is in Basque.
It was posted last night, at 02:21am CET, about 13:20 hours ago. I think it was about 05:21pm yesterday in the West Coast when posted.

Thanks all, it's much appreciated.

I'm glad to have the reassurance from her. I've been convinced since the delay there won't be another. Nintendo hasn't in the past ~20 years announced a release month for a system and then delayed it.

I truthfully feel that unless NX is the second coming Wii or original DS. Nintendo have done major damage to their "console" brand by staying this quiet, this long.

It will be interesting to see how big Mario iOS is, as well as NES mini Classic this holiday. I could see the Snes mini classic, N64 mini classic, possibly Gamecube classic, and most definitely Wii Classic mini released annually over the next five years.

BTW, this thread should be closed until we have actual real news or leaks.

Galava

I truthfully feel that unless NX is the second coming Wii or original DS. Nintendo have done major damage to their "console" brand by staying this quiet, this long.

It will be interesting to see how big Mario iOS is, as well as NES mini Classic this holiday. I could see the Snes mini classic, N64 mini classic, possibly Gamecube classic, and most definitely Wii Classic mini released annually over the next five years.

Super Mario Run could end up on NX eShop as well. Removing the controllers from the sides and putting the console on vertical mode to play some mobile games. SMR on iPhones is a great way to inda promote the brand before a major announcement. After Apple event, there probably are a lot of analysts' and investors' eyes on Nintendo atm, and are very curious about what are they doing next.

Super Mario Run could end up on NX eShop as well. Removing the controllers from the sides and putting the console on vertical mode to play some mobile games. SMR on iPhones is a great way to inda promote the brand before a major announcement. After Apple event, there probably are a lot of analysts' and investors' eyes on Nintendo atm, and are very curious about what are they doing next.

Absolutely, if Nintendo does not include all THEIR games that are released on iOS and Android that would be an abomination. Unless of course they are selling to Apple.

I personally think it is a good idea to release some remasters and Wii U games not named Mario, Pokemon, or Splatoon on Xbone and PS4. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Edit: Glad to see basque people around here :D

Whoa Basque - awesome.

No delay makes sense based on her statements about it being ahead of schedule combined with the rumor that it was supposed to be released this year. Personally, I think it's purely a software issue.

L Thammy

I feel like the only people who care are the people with horribly unhealthy attitudes, to be honest. If the average consumer was aware that the NX was announced, it's most likely that silence will cause them to forget about it, and the proper reveal will have the same effect as if it was the original announcement. They aren't grinding their teeth, waiting for the news to come.

Retrobox

Whoa Basque - awesome.

No delay makes sense based on her statements about it being ahead of schedule combined with the rumor that it was supposed to be released this year. Personally, I think it's purely a software issue.

That makes sense as well because I'm pretty sure Nintendo has realised that neither the Wii U nor 3DS launch lineups did those systems any favours. Which is why I'd like the NX reveal to be combined with a nice games list.

marmoka

Banned

Edit: Glad to see basque people around here :D

I thought I was the only one, haha.

Whoa Basque - awesome.

Considering that many Wii U games probably moved to NX, if true, then there should be many new games to be announced.

Schnozberry

I feel like the only people who care are the people with horribly unhealthy attitudes, to be honest. If the average consumer was aware that the NX was announced, it's most likely that silence will cause them to forget about it, and the proper reveal will have the same effect as if it was the original announcement. They aren't grinding their teeth, waiting for the news to come.

Yeah, this gets lost in all the angst and overreactions. Most people simply don't care until it's a real product that they can buy.

The silence really means nothing to the mainstream audience. It's just those of us enthusiasts who follow news closely that even know this code name exists. As soon as they actually come out and do any sort of marketing everyone will have forgotten about the silence.

Absolutely, if Nintendo does not include all THEIR games that are released on iOS and Android that would be an abomination. Unless of course they are selling to Apple.

I really don't understand this sentiment. First of all, they have two games on mobile phones so far, one of which requires a constant data connection and a gps signal, which the NX is very unlikely to have (both anyway), and secondly everybody already has a phone that they can use to play those games, what is the point of offering these games on a $199 or higher device?

The point of the mobile games is to introduce huge audiences to Nintendo IP such that they will then be interested in pursuing the fuller experiences which you can only find on Nintendo consoles, and it's already worked well with Pokemon. I don't see what they gain by making every mobile game playable on the NX.

That makes sense as well because I'm pretty sure Nintendo has realised that neither the Wii U nor 3DS launch lineups did those systems any favours. Which is why I'd like the NX reveal to be combined with a nice games list.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that. Also, from a marketing perspective, it gives them more room to hype the NX, because they can slowly release more details about exciting games (which you can't really do with hardware).

For example, with 3DS they couldn't really use Steel Diver and Pilotwings to continuously push the system back into the mindshare... Like even if a Smash NX remaster is coming with new characters, a new character once a month could be a great hype generator.

Hardware can't speak for itself.

Your absolutely right about that. I was just speaking a someone who purchased some of their stock years ago. I'm can only speak for myself, but if Pokemon Go and Mario runner weren't announced that stock would be a dumpster fire at this point.

I purchased a few shares a couple of years ago thinking that with the Wii U failure, Nintendo would finally get "it". I bought my Wii U at launch for my son and I loved the concept of the dad and son on the sofa together. But the concept never truly materialized the way I wanted.

My hope was with Nintendo finally catching up to HD development, able to control game development cost in a strict Nintendo way, and great ideas not fully realized with Wii U and 3ds ( Miiverse, Wii sports club, street pass) That this time, this TIME, NINTENDO would appease third parties, make a functional online, and adopt a two prong strategy of 1) family first blue ocean games (Wii sports, mario, Kirby, Minecraft) 2) easy to play but hardcore esports games. Smash, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Pokken.

Third party Games like Garden Warfare 2, Overwatch, Digimon and Star wars should absolutely be on a Nintendo system.

A portion believes in Nintendo on blind faith that they get it like when I was a child. The other part of me says, to prolong and save Nintendo IP they should be sold to the likes of Apple or Disney.

I'm concerned that after all the "please understands" and delays Nintendo would put it all together. Now, as I wait, I'm not so sure.

People like me while the minority, do want to see what the NX is and the type of support it will have. I believe the hybrid system is the correct way to go for the world. I don't think the world has a big place for just console games anymore.

But again, I'm worried Nintendo has great initial ideas that others will exploit and make better.

Jackano

Lol wait a sec... Many of us were hoping/expecting a reveal before TGS but it's not because this still hasn't happened yet that it means another delay... One of the few things Nintendo clearly said is "more information later this year (2016)".
And now Emily have to tweet a confirmation? lol

If (and that's gonna be the case) the concept it the handheld/console hybrid with detachable controllers for casual multiplayer play, this idea is much more straight-forward than glassfree 3D or the gamepad.
This means, easier to market (even if I fail to see a good USP here), so, less time needed.

Thoughts?
Will they update their google doc everyday or something?
Sounds like buzzbait. (not sure it's a word)

Er... did it say 9 days yesterday too? Or is this a brand new page? That's a very odd piece of information to put there haha

Yeah, I crawled come caches but couldn't find a recent one. All I could find is that the 9 days comment is more recent than July 25th... NX was listed but no mention of a timeframe was.

Yeah, I crawled come caches but couldn't find a recent one. All I could find is that the 9 days comment is more recent than July 25th... NX was listed but no mention of a timeframe was.

If they're saying they're making an announcement September 20th then perhaps the 9 days was added on September 11th. Might not be info specific to the NX version, it could just be a broad announcement about their Wii U and NX plans.

If they're saying they're making an announcement September 20th then perhaps the 9 days was added on September 11th. Might not be info specific to the NX version, it could just be a broad announcement about their Wii U and NX plans.

Yeah, I looked through the page source but couldn't find anything about when it was last updated.

PtM

Banned
Edit: If somebody can speak in the name of Emily, and needs to tell me please not to post screenshots of her Twitter account, because she doesn't want me to do it, for any reason, please tell me by private message, and I won't post any more screenshots. Her account is private, and perhaps she doesn't want her tweets to be shown to the public. Thanks.
Her Twitter being private is all you need to know. I guess you can repeat her words, but don't post screenshots that could be latched on.

Depending on the date of the doc's update, at the latest by the 23rd, then? HYPE!!!

Could be nothing, but it is interesting. Thanks for sharing the find!

Don't thank me, thank reddit...

Also happy that company is based in Chicago! Reppin'

UPDATE: According to Firefox, the page was last updated Sept 15. That doesn't mean that this exact update happened, but it does tell us that it's possible that they just added this tease.

UPDATE: According to Firefox, the page was last updated Sept 15. That doesn't mean that this exact update happened, but it does tell us that it's possible that they just added this tease.

The more I look at the wording of that tweet and what they do, the more I think this is just that developer saying they will announce or unveil details about their newest version on September 20th, where that version will have Wii U and NX support. I don't think they're hinting at anything about the NX overall.

It's good to know (likely know) that a good amount of developers and people have NX info though.

marmoka

Banned
Her Twitter being private is all you need to know. I guess you can repeat her words, but don't post screenshots that could be latched on.

Thanks for the warning. I won't do it again. I will just copy the text, and don't post screenshots. Sorry Emily.

The more I look at the wording of that tweet and what they do, the more I think this is just that developer saying they will announce or unveil details about their newest version on September 20th, where that version will have Wii U and NX support. I don't think they're hinting at anything about the NX overall.

It's good to know (likely know) that a good amount of developers and people have NX info though.

Yeah I agree... a drought of indies might not be completely damning, but it could be bad.

Speely

Banned

Oooh, so the "9 days" part could potentially mean by the 24th then, assuming there is anything to it. Edit: By that I mean this company's own NX plans, etc.

I really want to believe next week Nintendo will reveal the NX, but like someone said next week is EGX.

The last week in September has no conferences or game shows?

NateDrake

I really want to believe next week Nintendo will reveal the NX, but like someone said next week is EGX.

The last week in September has no conferences or game shows?

Just plan on the reveal coming in October. If something happens this month then consider it a nice surprise you didn't expect.

That person's replies on his twitter feed scream fake as fuck.

Seriously. A number of better-known indie devs have openly said they don't have dev kits or know anything about the NX hardware firsthand, and yet we're supposed to think the developer of an obscure HTML5 game engine knows the reveal date, the announcement-of-reveal-date date, and the final name of the platform? What an attention whore.

(for what it's worth, he says Sept. 20 announcement and Oct. 4 reveal, both of which seem plausible enough, but not from this source)

TAS

Regarding the NX launch, I think it's imperative that Nintendo has a killer launch title to go with it. A game that makes the casuals and mainstream media immediately 'click' with what NX is all about and how it differentiates itself from the competition. If they can do that, I firmly believe it will be successful.

Halfway through September:

mlIbMmu.gif

Calm Mind

You worry too much and that is my schtick.

Seriously. A number of better-known indie devs have openly said they don't have dev kits or know anything about the NX hardware firsthand, and yet we're supposed to think the developer of an obscure HTML5 game engine knows the reveal date, the announcement-of-reveal-date date, and the final name of the platform? What an attention whore.

(for what it's worth, he says Sept. 20 announcement and Oct. 4 reveal, both of which seem plausible enough, but not from this source)

Well that makes some good sense! Sept. 20 is a Tuesday and October 4 gives us a nice two weeks notice.

ozfunghi

EDIT: Also, when that thread was locked ModBot expressed some skepticism that Emily Rogers could be considered CONSISTENTLY reliable, a sentiment echoed by another Mod in another Emily Rogers focused thread. So if the mods do not agree that she is consistently reliable, that would change their outlook on that thread in particular.

In this case it was apparently closed due to Emily Rogers having a mixed track record

So... having a 7/10 or 8/10 succes rate is not enough to warrant a "rumor" topic? Seriously. Big lol. Better start closing all the rumor topics, because the only source that has a 10/10 track record are official announcements (and even those tend to change over time). This is such BS.

These threads don't randomly get closed, there's a different context to the NX threads and those particular ones (as in they are created and posted in response to banned threads ignoring why they were closed in the frst place). Plenty of PS4 threads of this type also get closed due to their specific nature.

I'm actually saying it's anything BUT random. Like i posted, those PS4/XBO rumored reveal topics didn't get closed, yet the NX one does. Indeed, that's not random, that's very deliberate. And like i explained earlier, closing those topics, only makes matters worse.

ReyVGM

I honestly think the NX is going to get delayed. March is a not a good month to launch a mainline console. They need the momentum, hype and sales the end of the year holidays deliver.
And they are being waaay to secretly with the reveal, almost as if it's not even ready to be shown properly.

Even the Wii, which was a true revolutionary device, got shown years early. So I don't think companies stealing their ideas is the reason for such secrecy.

L Thammy

I don't buy the theory that closing NX topics makes things crazier. I think that having an open NX topic where people can go to every day with the expectation that NX news is going to and is supposed come keeps people from moving on to a more healthy enthusiast relationship with video game news. The fact that they're coming into a community where some of the regular visitors actually do have that healthy relationship makes them feel as though they're also in a normal place.

Rather, I think the problem with NX threads being closed is that it's really not enough. I'm pretty sure some people continue to go on the same way when the thread is closed, except maybe looking in different places for leaks and news.

Dystify

I honestly think the NX is going to get delayed. March is a not a good month to launch a mainline console. They need the momentum, hype and sales the end of the year holidays deliver.
And they are being waaay to secretly with the reveal, almost as if it's not even ready to be shown properly.

Not even the Wii, which was a true revolutionary device, got shown years early. So I don't think companies stealing their ideas is the reason for such secrecy.

Oh so your theory is NX will be delayed because Nintendo suddenly realized March is bad time to launch a new console, even after they stuck with that date for quite a few months now. Got it.

TunaLover

Not even the Wii, which was a true revolutionary device, got shown years early. So I don't think companies stealing their ideas is the reason for such secrecy.
What are they going to sell in the meantime? 2017 holidays seems like a big stretch.
Also at least investors don't care about NX, how could Nintendo justify that massive delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom