• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Ori and the Will of the Wisp leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemWalls

I quite liked the first one, 100%-ed it in three days or so, but the visuals and the music did little for me for some reason. They felt somewhat... mundane, for lack of a better word.

I enjoyed Ori, but would have preferred the story to be a one-off.

I mean, I'll probably play it and enjoy it if it's anything like the first, but I like new stuff.

That said, with Ori's success, they'd be fools not to pursue a sequel.

cucuchu

Great news!

I hope the difficulty is right at where it was in the first game. It walked that fine line perfectly between seeming too hard at times and giving you the tools/capacity to improve your performance. Pretty sure I died 80+ times during that one ascent but somehow I enjoyed it all the same.

I never finished the first one.. but I mostly enjoyed the 8(?) hours I put in.

Don't know if I am the person for a second.. but interested to see where they go with it.

Theorry

Great news!

I hope the difficulty is right at where it was in the first game. It walked that fine line perfectly between seeming too hard at times and giving you the tools/capacity to improve your performance. Pretty sure I died 80+ times during that one ascent but somehow I enjoyed it all the same.

That was the best part about the game. There was trial and error. But when you died you never thought "i am getting screwed over by the game" it was always you that made the mistake and you learned from that.

combine42

Neo Member
So excited.

Is the original worth playing again with the definitive edition changes? If it goes on sale soon I'll grab since I missed it upgrade option the first time.

Sizzel

jonah-hill-excited-gif.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If this gets a spot at the MS conf it'll automatically be the highlight for me. I love the original so much, great news that the sequel's a sure thing.

Theorry

If this gets a spot at the MS conf it'll automatically be the highlight for me. I love the original so much, great news that the sequel's a sure thing.

It will easily. I even think it will not be under the ID Xbox segment also. But will get its own segment to shine.

wouwie

This is going to be my game of E3, without a doubt. Loved the first game and i can only assume this one is going to be even better. The small screens look gorgeous already. Hopefully, it will be out this year and it will run on my pc.

Zemm

The first game was a 10/10 so I'm in on day one for this.

Nintendo really should have hired them for a 2D Metroid.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Insta.Dynamite.Day 1.Bought.

The single handed game that made me change my mind about how I felt about the Unity Engine. I cannot wait to see what the devs have pulled out of the engine(I'm presuming the latest release is being used). This also prompted me to re-install Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on PC and finish it.
I know, I'll go sit in a corner now.

One of the best "Metroidvania" titles to come out in a long time.
If you don't own Ori and the Blind Forest, you need to buy it stat. You'll thank all of us later.

Please be real and please give us a trailer!

Edit: I'd probably literally cry if this gets a Nintendo Switch release. Talk about MEGATON. Whatever happens though-ACTIVATE INTERLOCKS, DYNA THERMS CONNECTED, INFRA CELLS UP,
MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO! LET'S DAY 1 PURCHASE!

Oh yeah I remember the name popping up as a rumour last year.
Will explode with elation when fully confirmed​, blind forest was an absolute treasure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Day 1 on GOG/Steam.
Day 1 on Steam/GOG.
Will buy day one, assuming it's on Steam like the first one.
day 1 on steam!

It'll likely be a WinStore exclusive on account of MS owning the game and IP, and even the original wouldn't be on GOG if it weren't for the retail distribution partnership with Nordic (Microsoft itself publishes exactly zero games on the service).

Theorry

It'll likely be a WinStore exclusive on account of MS owning the game and IP, and even the original wouldn't be on GOG if it weren't for the retail distribution partnership with Nordic (Microsoft itself publishes exactly zero games on the service).

The first one was on Steam tho.

I liked the first game from an artistic perspective. I beat it, but didn't really feel like there was much to the combat or enemies. It was more about the exploration.

Maxey

Insta.Dynamite.Day 1.Bought.

The single handed game that made me change my mind about how I felt about the Unity Engine. I cannot wait to see what the devs have pulled out of the engine(I'm presuming the latest release is being used). This also prompted me to re-install Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition on PC and finish it.
I know, I'll go sit in a corner now.

One of the best "Metroidvania" titles to come out in a long time.
If you don't own Ori and the Blind Forest, you need to buy it stat. You'll thank all of us later.

Please be real and please give us a trailer!

Edit: I'd probably literally cry if this gets a Nintendo Switch release. Talk about MEGATON. Whatever happens though-ACTIVATE INTERLOCKS, DYNA THERMS CONNECTED, INFRA CELLS UP,
MEGA THRUSTERS ARE GO! LET'S DAY 1 PURCHASE!
Jesus.

Clive

I will walk away happy from E3 as long as I see this game announced. The first one was a fantastic Metroidvania in terms of platforming and exploration.

dEvAnGeL

If the game gets announced today most definitely will release on steam, this is not a huge BRAND game so MS needs to get as many sales as possible and the reception of the game on PC was great, i love the first game and I'm being brutally honest when i say i have never had any issues whatsoever on the windows store, downloaded gears 4 flawlessly when i was reading people download kept resetting and all kind of other problems so if i have to get the game there i will but for the good of the IP it will be better to release on steam where the bigger base of gamers is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If the game gets announced today most definitely will release on steam, this is not a huge BRAND game so MS needs to get as many sales as possible and the reception of the game on PC was great, i love the first game and I'm being brutally honest when i say i have never had any issues whatsoever on the windows store, downloaded gears 4 flawlessly when i kept reading people download kept resetting and all kind of other problems so if i have to get the game there i will but for the good of the IP it will be better to release on steam where the bigger base of gamers is.

You could apply that same logic to Quantum Break and ReCore, too, the latter of which still isn't on Steam. I'm not denying the possibility of the game eventually releasing on Steam -- if nothing else, I still expect MS to eventually release its WinStore games on Steam with Uplayesque Xbox app integration -- but I'll be surprised if it's there at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom