• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Ori and the Will of the Wisp leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dEvAnGeL

You could apply that same logic to Quantum Break and ReCore, too, the latter of which still isn't on Steam.
As you said quantum break was released on steam, why Recore wasn't? Critical acclaim maybe had a part in it since the game was not was as well received as Ori, i think i will end my part of the conversation here, last thing i want is tnis to be twisted by some fanboy in to a port begging post, i will be over the moon if the game gets announced, that's the first step, aftet that i will play it where i can, that simple.

jett

D-Member
Will this be a Windows Store exclusive?

Anyway, it's awesome it's a real thing. I really liked Ori. Hopefully they delve more into the exploration aspects.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
As you said quantum break was released on steam, why Recore wasn't? Critical acclaim maybe had a part in it since the game was not was as well received as Ori, i think i will end my part of the conversation here, last thing i want is tnis to be twisted by some fanboy in to a port begging post, i will be over the moon if the game gets announced, that's the first step, aftet that i will play it where i can, that simple.

Well, there is a Definitive Edition of ReCore on the way, so it may release on Steam then (see: Halo Wars), but that's neither here nor there. Evidently, Microsoft is still very much in the groove of only releasing its WinStore games on Steam if it feels there's no longer any value in exclusivity.

petran79

Banned
Dropped first game since I stuck at a segment on lava mountain (the one with the lever and two platforms).

Might jump to the sequel

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wow, I didn't expect this so soon. The first was something special. Shame it leaked but can't wait to see it in motion.

lt519

Hope the requirements aren't too rough for PC. I'll do whatever it takes to play this game though, even if it means buying a Scorpio.

Remember this is an MS IP. Ori ATBF was released just before the play anwhere thing. That means this game may just be on a Windows 10 exclusive on PC.

xviper

i hope this time this masterpiece gets the recognition it deserves, so many underappreciated xbox exclusives, if they were on other consoles they would have been praised to infinity

hopefully it releases this year

blakep267

It'll probably come to steam eventually but launch will likely be Xbox/W10. Then 3+ months later on Steam

None of their games have launched consecutively on steam/W10

Theorry

i hope this time this masterpiece gets the recognition it deserves, so many underappreciated xbox exclusives, if they were on other consoles they would have been praised to infinity

But it did. On Xbox and PC.

Game sold almost a million on steam and was even bundled with the x1 for a bit.

I think it did well for a small game like this.

Either way I'm excited for the sequel

It'll probably come to steam eventually but launch will likely be Xbox/W10. Then 3+ months later on Steam

None of their games have launched consecutively on steam/W10

This seems like the most likely scenario. Microsoft understands when steam is pretty crucial for success. Halo Wars making over there cements that for me

Theorry

Game sold almost a million on steam and was even bundled with the x1 for a bit.

I think it did well for a small game like this.

Either way I'm excited for the sequel

I remember like two days after release the dev said here on gaf they made their money back in a day haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hope the requirements aren't too rough for PC. I'll do whatever it takes to play this game though, even if it means buying a Scorpio.

I imagine you'll be fine if you can run Blind Forest well enough.

Novocaine

Thomas hinted we would be seeing something from them earlier this year in a thread somewhere. Still I can't wait to play. Ori is the best new IP this gen by a country mile.

Absolutely beautiful. I've said it before, but a Moon Studios x Nintendo collab for the next 2D Metroid needs to happen. Moon Studios outclasses Nintendo in the 2D sidescroller department by light years.

Thomas Mahler, please try to make a collab happen!

Justinh

The first game was so damn beautiful (a much deserved win for best art direction). I guess I'm not surprised the next game will be too judging from the screens.

I had never heard of this follow up, so this is pretty exciting for me. I still need to get a physical copy of the game (eh, might as well order one today...)

Fardeen

i will be so so pissed if its not on steam. i bought the game twice to support the devs. i will be so mad if its UWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom