• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Personally speaking, I just think it's a boring criticism. And to me it doesn't even make sense because like you said there's some rad Digimon designs. But I think the reason people tend to get annoyed when they see it is not because of what it means literally but because it's a tired cliche phrase that's been thrown out since they've been making Pokemon past the first 150.

The whole concept of "Pokemon is going downhill past [insert whatever gen] has always been odd to me. I guess cause I'm the kind of guy who likes pretty much every Pokemon lol.
Yea that's what I mean like most people use it as an insult for some reason which os silly and then poke fans get mad like it's an insult. Like when I show the owl I'm not gonna lie my mind went to digimon lol but maybe I don't see it as an insult like most

GoldStarz

Gen 6 rekindled my passion in Pokemon after having abandoned it after Gen 2. That's all I wish to say, I believe they're easily among the best games I've played in recent years.
Gen 6 is honestly contains the worst games in a while tbh. I really recommend you play late Gen IV or the Gen V games, those are some of the best in the series.

Personally speaking, I just think it's a boring criticism. And to me it doesn't even make sense because like you said there's some rad Digimon designs. But I think the reason people tend to get annoyed when they see it is not because of what it means literally but because it's a tired cliche phrase that's been thrown out since they've been making Pokemon past the first 150.

The whole concept of "Pokemon is going downhill past [insert whatever gen] has always been odd to me. I guess cause I'm the kind of guy who can find something to like in pretty much every Pokemon lol
Digimon are literally so varied that it's not even a criticism. "Oh this looks like a Digimon" like what does that even mean when there are so many different looks to Digimon. There's not very much consistency like there is in Pokemon (not a knock on either series) so what are you even saying?

How about you either dispute the actual arguments I put forth for why, to me, it looks like a Digimon or just not talk about the post?
You're right it does look like a Digimon. It also doesn't look like a Digimon. There are digimon that look like dragons and dinosaurs. Also slime balls, angels, troublemaking students, bombs, etc etc.

Also, you put your argument out there, once you do, you don't get to just take it back. People are arguing against you because you put forth an argument.

The Adder

Banned
You're right it does look like a Digimon. It also doesn't look like a Digimon. There are digimon that look like dragons and dinosaurs. Also slime balls, angels, troublemaking students, bombs, etc etc.

Also, you put your argument out there, once you do, you don't get to just take it back. People are arguing against you because you put forth an argument.

How about you try reading the post you quoted?

How about you either dispute the actual arguments I put forth for why, to me, it looks like a Digimon or just not talk about the post?

You know, where I asked them to address my actual argument:

Nah. It's got the same kind of proportions Dramon type digimon are often drawn with. Plus all the hard edges. All it really needs is tattered wings and it'd be there.

What the fuck are you even talking about taking it back?

Reset

It can't be the gen with the best pokemon when it has garbage like vanilluxe, trubbish, Musketeer trio, Reshiram, etc. Gen V is when they clearly focused on quantity over quality. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they let you capture older generation Pokemon before you beat the game, but nope they want they restrict you with these ugly ass pokemon. Great choice. It also was a downgrade gameplay wise with the introduction of team preview, dream world abilities weather, and the genie trio.

I guess I'm in the minority since I don't play the Pokemon games for the story. And you guys are acting as if the story in B/W was a masterpiece, and the game is worth playing for the story alone. hahaha

Gen v introduced weather? News to me.

Never battled online huh

GoldStarz

I can understand people having issues with bw1 but the sequels are easily near/at the top imo.

The sequel's story is kinda not-good though and Hugh is easily the worst character in the franchise's history. I definitely prefer B/W of B2W2.

It can't be the gen with the best pokemon when it has garbage like vanilluxe, trubbish, Musketeer trio, Reshiram, etc. Gen V is when they clearly focused on quantity over quality. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they let you capture older generation Pokemon before you beat the game, but nope they want they restrict you with these ugly ass pokemon. Great choice. It also was a downgrade gameplay wise with the introduction of team preview, dream world abilities weather, and the genie trio.

I guess I'm in the minority since I don't play the Pokemon games for the story. And you guys are acting as if the story in B/W was a masterpiece, and the game is worth playing for the story alone. hahaha
lmao you're so salty over designs that are literally mediocre at worst. grimer is so much worse than trubbish' line and it's the same concept and vannilluxe manages to mix the concept of a snow machine and ice cream so well most people don't even realize the snow machine is there. Team Preview is fine, Hidden Abilities imporved the game by giving more options, weather has been around since Gen 3, and what about the genie trio, they're ugly and useful, that could happen any other gen easily.

The games were meant to be soft reboots and they certainly did a better job at that then lets-pander-to-genwunners-and-overstuff-the-pokedex Gen VI did

You're on drugs
Also every gen has some terrible Pokemon. This is one awful shitpost.

ffdgh

The sequel's story is kinda not-good though and Hugh is easily the worst character in the franchise's history. I definitely prefer B/W of B2W2.

I love bw2 for all the side stuff you can do. PWT, join avenue(magnetite coil), seeing how things changed during the time skip, memory link bonuses, fun fest missions, challenge mode, black tower, polestar studios, N's Pokemon/season battles and other junk.

Quillfish head was alright in my book. Rage and all lol.

Sou Da

IMO every game would be better off with a full generation with like BW, it stands well enough. But by all means keep enjoying boring forgettable mediocrity like DPPT.

Kirlia

Banned
This thread was fun... until it went off the rails with "best gen" arguments and Digimon :-\

Agreed. Can't there be another thread to talk about that stuff?

IMO every game would be better off with a full generation with like BW, it stands well enough. But by all means keep enjoying boring forgettable mediocrity like DPPT.

Oh my God. Seriously, make another thread or something!

Neiteio

OK, time to get this thread back on track:

Owl Archer. Tiger Mask. Bubble Mermaid.

All amazing. I love them all.

PLEASE BE REALZ.

Gen 4 was easily the worst gen IMO... Gen 5 was a return to fun, I actually beat Black 2 versus Diamond and Pearl. That said, I still think Gen 6 was the most fun I've had in ages... Though I did just abandon the game at the end of the elite 4... but I didn't have any regrets on that. I was ready to move on by then.

Also I really didn't like Gen 3, and ORAS didn't change my opinion on that any either.

If those are the evolutions, why would anyone want to evolve the cute starters into those ... things?
Honestly Rowlet is pretty legit and I NEVER pick grass. But if these starters are real it's the only option for me. Rowlet>>>>>>>>>>Poplio>>>>>Litten
Deth to fire/fighting and anything that resembles Chespin and Emboar

Honestly Rowlet is pretty legit and I NEVER pick grass. But if these starters are real it's the only option for me. Rowlet>>>>>>>>>>Poplio>>>>>Litten
Deth to fire/fighting and anything that resembles Chespin and Emboar

Ill give you that actually. It's nice to see the grass type look like the cool one this time around. But the water and fire evos are just so bad. They dont look badass at all.

Ah screw it, Rowlet looks incredible in all evolutions. There is something really badass about an owl, and also something majestic. If it means sacrificing the fire and starter type, so be it. But man is Litten's evolution just a disappointment.

It looks like Kane from WWE

How dare you "ehhh" my bubble mermaid waifu!!

*pounces on Blackleg in cartoon-style cloud with punch sfx*
13a1e5a7bc408e267cb0fc76ec4e2eaa57ae3a26_hq.gif

i'm warming up to all of the supposed final evolutions

even the fire/something bipedal thing

i don't think i ever been tempted to want to run the game with all three starters
usually i dump the starter asap

Ill give you that actually. It's nice to see the grass type look like the cool one this time around. But the water and fire evos are just so bad. They dont look badass at all.

Ah screw it, Rowlet looks incredible in all evolutions. There is something really badass about an owl, and also something majestic. If it means sacrificing the fire and starter type, so be it. But man is Litten's evolution just a disappointment.

It looks like Kane from WWE
All 'badass' got any of the previous generations was a one way trip to my bank of no return. I'll take a starter that isn't either derp or 'badass' for a change :p

Do we know exactly when the next corocoro leak is likely? I thought I saw some dates/times mentioned earlier.

edit:
i don't think i ever been tempted to want to run the game with all three starters
usually i dump the starter asap
Haha, same :3

All 'badass' got any of the previous generations was a one way trip to my bank of no return. I'll take a starter that isn't either derp or 'badass' for a change :p

Do we know exactly when the next corocoro leak is likely? I thought I saw some dates/times mentioned earlier.
So you're going starter less this gen?

Ahnez

If the archer Rowlet is real, the it MUST change its typing when it evolves

It would be sad for such awesome starter to be 4x weak to ice..

brinstar

If those starters are real I'm going to probably have to switch to TeamRowlet... sorry LittenBros but I can't deal with having a grown-ass man with a cat head stapled on top as my partner

Neiteio

Litten's evo is based on Tiger Mask, a manga about a heel that turns heroic to be a good role model for kids, and who wrestles for the benefit of an orphanage. In the Litten evo's case, he'd probably wrestle for a different kind of orphan — the Littens of Alola, based on the real-life stray cat colonies of Hawaii!

From Wikipedia:

In the manga and anime, Tiger Mask (whose real name was Naoto Date) was a feared heel wrestler in America who was extremely vicious in the ring. However, he became a face after returning to Japan when a young boy said that he wanted to be a villain like Tiger Mask when he grew up. The boy resided in an orphanage, the same one that Tiger Mask grew up in during his childhood. Feeling that he did not want the boy to idolize a villain, Tiger was inspired to be a heroic wrestler.

The main antagonist in the manga and anime was Tiger's Cave, a mysterious organization that trained young people to be villainous wrestlers on the condition that they gave half of their earnings to the organization. Tiger Mask was once a member of Tiger's Cave under the name "Yellow Devil", but no longer wanted anything to do with them, instead donating his money to the orphanage. This infuriated the leader of the organization and he sent numerous assassins, including other professional wrestlers, to punish him.

Tiger_Mask_vol_1.jpg

Tiger Mask has also been the persona of several real-life wrestlers. Judging from his Twitter, Masuda himself is a big fan of wrestling.

220px-Tiger_Mask_IV_2015.JPG

Ryan_09

I got your back, Neiteio! #TeamPopplio

Though if we do get a dolphin Pokemon, Popplio is totes getting dropped. Unless it's miraculously not a water type.

Though if we do get a dolphin Pokemon, Popplio is totes getting dropped. Unless it's miraculously not a water type.
I'd be pretty concerned if that turned into a dolphin.
Speaking of which though, do we have a killer whale Pokemon yet?
Not Kyogre
That would be cool for this gen considering all the water.
Dollar store Milotic.
Lmao fuck. I'm using this from now on.

harmonize

one looks lean/agile, one bulky/tough, and one magical/feminine, similar to last gen. comparatively:

final grass = Greninja

final fire > Chesnaught

final water >>>> Delphox

ffdgh

If the archer Rowlet is real, the it MUST change its typing when it evolves

It would be sad for such awesome starter to be 4x weak to ice..

Not really if they turn it into shaymin lite wit serene grace shenanigans....or throw on gale wings as its hidden ability.

Neiteio

Dollar store Milotic.
*Neiteio flies into a rage and tackles Sou Da off the balcony, punching him as they fall for seemingly forever. Then they land on the wing of a departing airplane and continue the fist fight as it crosses the ocean and lands in another country. They punch each other onto a tourist bus that then visits the pyramids of Egypt. The skirmish continues through the pyramids, Sou Da throwing Neiteio through mummies in a cloud of dust while Neiteio spears Sou Da through the shoulder with a pharaoh's scepter.*

Hmm, as a fan of Popplio's evo, but also as the world's leading advocate for Flipper-style dolphins in Pokemon, I find myself deeply conflicted

I guess... I guess I could become a Water-type trainer

*goes into bathroom to dye hair blue*

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Litten's evo is based on Tiger Mask, a manga about a heel that turns heroic to be a good role model for kids, and who wrestles for the benefit of an orphanage. In the Litten evo's case, he'd probably wrestle for a different kind of orphan — the Littens of Alola, based on the real-life stray cat colonies of Hawaii!

Oh, that'd be pretty neat actually...I totally forgot about that aspect of wild cats in Hawaii.

Top Bottom