• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

I made the right call picking Popplio since his annoucement

Wasn't there a gif in another thread showing the synchro diamonds? The description sounds very similar to it.

Found it.

giphy.gif

Where does it come from ?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That Synchro GIF was posted on /vp/, though people point out some of the text doesn't look right.

It's worth noting when Greninja was leaked for XY that was a problem too, but it was discovered the font had actually changed since the initial pics.

Neiteio

I'm inclined to believe those alleged starter evos, only because the Popplio evo is so unexpected that I doubt a faker would come up with it.

At first I was like, "Would they really make a starter evo so feminine," but then I realized that many starter evos have been hyper-masculine (i.e. Emboar, etc), so... why not?

Archer, wrestler, siren sounds cool to me.

Also... DOLPHIN POKEMON.

It'd be sweet if this is real.

it the concept art is real, that archer is AMAZING AND I NEED IT IN MY LIFE...

might be the first time I start with a grass type pokemon...

Oswen

Robin Hoot, Tiger Mask and Little Mermaid? I'm ok with it.

Leak sounds interesting, can't wait for more official reveals for further proofs.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Y'know, I think I just disproved that Synchro GIF...note this doesn't disprove the rest of the leak since it wasn't posted alongside it.

Cotton Spore and Frenzy Plant. No Pokemon can currently learn both of those moves since the latter is limited to Grass Starters and none have Cotton Spore. I guess it could be Rowlet, but it doesn't seem like it'd pick up Cotton Spore looking at its appearance or if that evolution is legit.

EDIT: That being said, you think a faker would've realized that...huh, y'know now I'm second-guessing myself.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I think not even Game Freak would make a fourth Fire/Fighting starter. He could be another type, or pure Fire.

We've had a couple of aquatic-based Pokemon lately that aren't actually water types, presumably so they could balance out the typings better (i.e. Stunfisk and Crustle)

It'd be a shame if he was Fire/Fighting, because it looks fucking awesome. But to be honest, all three of those are great.

EDIT: The monkey with a ball or whatever could be based on those macaques in Japan that have now taught themselves to carry food to the sea and wash it before eating it.... Maybe?

Litten would be Fire/Fighting? Noooooooo

Also, this makes it sound like they're doing away with Mega Evolutions which is weird.

Dennis

Banned
Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. The official site mentions Rockruff howling at night prior to evolution in its flavor text and if this list was originally seen before then, not sure though when it first appeared, that's a plus for it.

It is lit, fam.

Neiteio

Y'know, I think I just disproved that Synchro GIF...note this doesn't disprove the rest of the leak since it wasn't posted alongside it.

Cotton Spore and Frenzy Plant. No Pokemon can currently learn both of those moves since the latter is limited to Grass Starters and none have Cotton Spore. I guess it could be Rowlet, but it doesn't seem like it'd pick up Cotton Spore looking at its appearance or if that evolution is legit.
It's probably just a Pokemon we haven't seen yet that -can- learn both.

Oswen

What if this "Syncro" would allow a pokemon to gain a fifth move among a list, like that one in the gif?

I wonder what will happen to old Megas though, would they stay in gen VI or are we going to get both mega and synchro evolution? What about a pokémon that could potentially do both? It all seems so confusing.

Razmos

Owl chicks are quite fluffy, it's still possible
BO42Da-8901Crop.jpg

Neiteio

Frenzy Plant is a starter-exclusive move so it can only be Rowlet.
It's been a starter exclusive move. What I'm saying is they could, y'know, start making it available for others. We don't know what rules they'll change or break in this game.

And like others have said: I don't see any reason why the Rowlet line couldn't learn both.

MicH

Another Fire/Fighting final starter evo would be ridiculous.

Also Popplio stats losing with that ugly siren evo if true. Yikes!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Was hoping for fire/dark, will be disappointed if this is true and it's another fire/fighting, it's really quite a boring and overused combination for the fire starter at this point.

I'm fine with the change up with the rest of leaks, just the fire/fighting is really shit if true.

Now if we could get some secret bases or similar rumours id be a bit more happy.

Etzer

I want this to be true because Archer Rowlet.

* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

That sounds like Gym Leader are still there in all but name.

Yeah, I believe Game Freak would do that. lol

As per usual my initial starter thoughts (Litten > poppolio > Rowlet) gets flipped on its head assuming those starters are true (Rowlet > poppolio > litten). FFS another fire fighting I know it's a good typing but come on.

Zubz

Banned
Who wanted a 4th Fire-Fighter? Other than that, though, this entire leak is super-exciting. Glad to hear we're finally getting a dolphin, though, and archer Rowlett sounds fantastic!

Chase17

Can we change charizard to fire fighting? Get a charizard z with that typing/

And I think typhlosion still needs a second type.

Sugimori retweeted some Tiger Mask comic and people thought it was a hint of Litten's final evo.

sugimori's always posted about wrestling a good deal so i wouldn't really consider it a hint, but at the same time i see his being a wrestling fan as possible evidence (not strong evidence, mind. more "i could totally see him making this")

Damn it, I defended Popplio from the start, saying it will become a badass Pokémon at the end and his final evolution will probably be... a mermaid?!

giphy.gif

Top Bottom